Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall Colors and a Craft Show at a Hobby Farm!

On Monday, Dad took Grandpa to spend the day at Nell and Trevor's for the first time.  I finally got our porch decorated for fall, as well as catching up on laundry, and getting projects done for the Fallow Field Farm sale I was to do Saturday.

When I called Nell about the FFF, she mentioned that Grandpa had spent a half an hour reading to Eva, while she helped J. Scott with his homework.  Sounds like a Norman Rockwell painting to me.  That night Dad and I took Grandpa up Payson Canyon to take a look at the leaves.  They were amazing, and Grandpa even made comments about the vivid colors.

On Tuesday Grandpa went to Nell's house again. I ran some errands, then worked hard getting more stuff painted up and crafted to go to FFF. Dad brought Grandpa home before heading to his regular shift at the temple. That evening I took the time to finish up the dining room mantel for Halloween.
I didn't work on Wednesday, as I had given the day to another dealer, and had a chance to get more done for the show.  Before going to work on Thursday ...
I went for a walk with Ginny Taylor, from the ward.  After we got back to her house she showed me her fun back yard.  Now I know that both my walking partners have chickens, what are the chances?

 Spencer came down to the house to watch Grandpa on both Wednesday and Thursday, and it was fun to get to visit with him a little bit.  We don't get to see much of him, so that was nice.  I took this picture of Beckie, just because I thought it was fun that the food she was eating matched her outfit. 

Friday was set up day at the Fallow Field Farm.  Dad took off a half a day to help me, which I great appreciated.  Nell, came to set up her jewelry display and brought the kids.  There were lots of animals at the farm, and Eva loved this dog, petting it through the fence.  After set up Dad took J. Scott and they headed to the BYU game, where Trevor met up with them a bit later.  After hearing the score of the game I figured it must have been boring, but both Dad and Trevor reported enjoying it.

On sale day, Saturday I was busy hocking my ware.  It was fun that Trevor and his family came by to visit and see the sites.  They even agreed to pose for this picture in front of Marci's (the owner of the farm and show) new green house which is being made from old windows, just like ours.
Dad worked at home, mowing the lawns, and repairing some furniture for me put in the mall.  He even vacuumed the house, something that had been put on the back burner while I focused on the show this week.
He came and help me take down, as did Trevor, who came to get Nell's jewelry.  Nell was at the General Women's RS meeting, which I missed.  After take down Dad and I went to dinner at the Golden Corral, which I always like.  Emily watched Grandpa so Dad could help me and we could go out.  Yeah Emily!!

Today church was great.  We had a high councilman who brought the Spanish speaking sister missionaries, whom I loved hearing from.  Dad also got to speak, as a high couselman.  But joined us in our ward in time to be there when Sam taught Sunday School, and did a great job, again, still.  Last of all I went into Primary as we are practicing for the program in three weeks.  It was fun to being with the kids, but, of course, I miss Relief Society a lot, and won't get to attend until after the program, darn it.  After church, and dinner,  Emily and Sam brought the baby up to visit, and she was doing a little bit of walking, I think 6 steps was her best for the evening.  Then Davin and Bri stopped by after driving the Nebo loop to look at the colors, which are still showing off.  We played games with them, and Emily came up and joined us for part of the time.  Grandpa fiddled with another card game and chattered away, while we played.

So that was our Perkins Perhe week! Lots of fun with grands, both kids and pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment