Sunday, May 31, 2015

Home Again Home Again Jiggedy Jig.

On Monday Brittney and I flew out of San Antonio around 6:00 am Dad and Spencer picked us up in SLC a bit after 10. 

We stopped at Trevor's so Dad and he could consult on some electrical Trevor is doing.  Eleanor showed us these crab applea as she is collecting them now! 

As soon as we got home I crashed for several hours.
That night Darby invited us for dinner. She made amazing  enchiladas, and showed us around ...

Her cute new town house!!
I walked with Ginny  the next day and took a pic of Dewitt's house to Instagram.  Probably the only Profitable thing I did that day.

I  spent most of the day finishing this book. The Boys in the Boat, the finished an Austen knock off I had going. Dad came home and about 6:30 asked if there would be some dinner?  Poor Dad. I did make dinner though. My bad!! 
On Wednesday I worked and put together this collage for my ROCC listing. I didn't have a lot of hope it would sell since Facebook is pulling weird shinanigans and is limiting views to our followers.  Arrgg. So I also listed  the table on Vintage Yard Sale Utah!!  

Thursday morning Dad took a day to work on the framing in the garret bathroom. I headed off to work where I got notified (on VYSU) that the table sold wahoo!!
When I got home I got to see all dad had done!!!


On Friday I ran some general errands then headed over to the antique mall to redo the front display in the north building. 

That night dad and I went out and saw McFarland USA in Spanish at the Watergardens there.  Dad saw it last week, but loved it and was happy to see it again.  I liked it so much I teared up on and off throughout 
Early Saturday I dropped Dad off several miles above Vivian  Park up Provo Canyon, so he could do his test run for the half marathon he's doing in two weeks. 

Then I got in some garaging in the Orem area before heading to work .
Where I redid the front display in the south store.   Dad dropped by on his way home from his 11.5 mile run  and told me he had met this guy named Guy Randel and he'd helped pace Dad down the canyon for like 7 miles. Dad was saying how nice this guy was and how fun it was to talk and run.  

Then I told him I thought that was the name of Steve Kew's old friend, former roomy and band member.    Sure enough!!  Now Dad's  friends with Guy on FB. Small world!!

Got this pic from Emily of what Sam did that day.  He went out to work on building a house for someone. Maybe Habitat for Humanity?  Even though he can't really do much with his back so bad, I guess his experience in construction came in handy!! 

After work Dad came and got me and we went to the old movies 8 to see the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!  Ding ding ding!! Another winner!'
Today was church as usual!!  Here I am at the Medallion after an extra lovely Fast and Testimony  Meeting.  It was so lovely I did a blog post just about that.
Then on our way we stopped to see Jill Wilson's new grandma house, not done yet, but Doug said Jill browbeat him into making  it because 'Scott made one for Paula!!'
Here we are visiting Grandpa. He doesn't look good and slept through our visit.  He's in a hospital bed now, Dad and I meet with a Hospice person tomorrow, I don't think he has too long.
After the care center we headed home to get ready for family dinner. 

There was lots of chopping for Hawaiian haystacks and salad bar and soup.

Here are some of us in the dining room




I think everyone had fun, I know I did.

2 comments:

  1. Your "ruler" table was very clever. Glad there's another Grandma house going up! I loved McFarland too. Need my kids to see it! I haven't seen the Marigold hotel. Guess I will now. Love to see pictures of Darby's place! I need some ideas of good books to read. Can you send me a list? I think I have lots of reading time on the road to Alaska!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Carlo's hand.....I am happy for him. He hasn't been oriented in sooo long. How wonderful for him to know who he is again and to to see his loved ones. You guys have all been so good to him. How wonderful you were to have him in your home for so long. I've been impressed how your kids have taken the time to visit him and love him. It would be so easy to forget.

    ReplyDelete