Monday, May 11, 2015

Two Weddings, Two Shows and a Horse



What an amazing week we had.   So full of the wonderful people who make our lives so worth while.  On Monday I walked with LaVern for the first time in a while, then I was off to my monthly we can meeting at Sandy's house. 


We were sewing diapers for newborn kits. 

That evening we hosted our Family Home Evening group and Dad gave the lesson. 

Loved this pic Emily posted of William on a fire truck!! 
On Tuesday Dad and I were up early to drive to Logan to witness Daniel Heuer's wedding at the Logan temple. 
      Thought I'd share my favorite pics. 


I've loved this pose ever since Becca's photographer did it, then there's the one of Davin!! Love those!! 
Lily was so cute running around with her pink camera!  Tami made her dress.  How precious is that!! 
Dad and I stopped at the Brigham City temple after the wedding breakfast and a bit of junking in Logan. 
The afternoon was spent driving south and stopping at various DIs before arriving at Moes and heading to the reception in Higland with them. Isn't the cake beautiful!! 
Got to visit with Sandy Vernon and  Robin's mom, Pat! 
It was fun to visit with Brigette, and the Flat Jake! 
Then Briahnna came with the kids and her Mom. 

We had a great day with our dear, dear friends!  

On Wednesdsy we were back to our normal lives. At work that day Jenna, the leader of the Pyrex pirates group I follow on FB came in, so I had to have a selfie with her. 
On Thursday, another work day, I set out the collection of mothers mottos I'd bought at the Reclaimologist sale the previous week.  
On Friday Darby brought a friend by. She was supposed to have closed on the condo, but the new appraisal  was too late for the paper work to be done on time. She'd taken the day off and was using her unexpected day off running errands. 

I talked her into going to the Beehive  Bazaar with me at the old Startup Candy building in Provo. 
Loved this artist and got some small prints. 
Always find something in Jenn Reed's booth that I need. 
... And ran into Jenn too ... Weirdly she and Darby had never met. 
Gotta love the little missionaries. 
And who wouldn't want troll dolls with succulents for hair. The gal said they were flying off the shelf, she was there restocking. 
After some lunch at Cafe Rio to keep our strength up, we drove to Salem so I could meet Darby's horse, Dallas. 

She's had him 11 months.  Clearly it took me too long.  We had so much fun!  Thanks Darby. 
That evening Dad and I went to a wedding reception between the Hardman's daughter (they lived next to us in Payson cottage) and the Johansen's youngest son (Julie and I were walking partners for a several years before we moved back to Salt Lake).   Small world.  I thought the skull to sign was pretty unusual!! 
After the reception we drove a couple of miles to Davin and Bri's to watch the kids while they went out. 

When they got home they watched the rest of the Ellen Degenerous dvd we'd been watching. 
Darby joined in too.  Lots and lots of laughs. 
On Saturday, after Dad's 8 mile run, we headed to the church for a ward breakfast.   Above is a collage of ward members playing a game that includes sliding a cooking down your face and into your mouth!! 
It's so fun to be in a large ward again. 
Afterwards we went over to the old home a young couple in the ward is rehabilitating. The husband is the brother of Kenneth Abott's wife, I met them at a yard sale Ken was having a couple of weeks ago. They are so cute and are working so hard!!  Their house has a huge back yard and a stream!  I love it!
After that Dad and I drove to Ogden for the Acorn Antique show.     
I loved this amazing 2 foot tall bronze of Joseph Smith from the 1970s, I did not however love the 3,000 buck price tag. Since I've been reading his journals and his nitty gritty biography, Rough Stone Rolling, I have so come to love and appreciate how amazing he was.  If the statue was 1000 I might have worked out a payment plan, as I know the dealer well, alas it's not to be!! 
But we did run into Aunt Wendy's brother Greg Skordis and his wife, how fun is that!? 
After the show we stopped in Salt Lake to be the surprise guests at my friend Laura Gray's 68 th birthday party!!  She moved back to Salt Lake last November, and this is the first time I've seen her. It was such a nice reunion!! 

Here she is with her kids and 12 of her 13 grands! 
 
After the party at Gray's, we headed south, stopping in Highland to play games with Heuers and Moes at the Heuers, but though the Moes stopped by, they got news that her mom, who'd been fading, was doing worse, so they went home.   The Masons, who'd come over from Tooele to go out to dinner with Moes, stayed and played for a while. After gaming Dad and I went over to Moes to say our good byes to Bettilou.  We've known her for 24 years. What a great lady!  We've learned to love her. She's lived with Barb and Randy for 13 years!! She actually passed away this morning at  6:00 AM on Mothers day!!  Her sweet and gentle spirit will be missed by us all   

Today Dad and I spoke in our home ward. I heard lots of positive comments on our mothers Day talks.  Mine was pretty untraditional, talking about how some women hate mothers day, because they feel it creates unreasonable expectations. But I gave examples of mothers who did a great job in less than ideal circumstances. I also talked about my own amazing mother, and included her faults so everyone would know that having faults does not stop one from being a great mom!!  I ended with a tribute to Bettilou and her wonderful family. It was the only time I teared up. 

After church Brittney and Spencer came up to chat for a few minutes, then dad and I both fell asleep in the parlor, me for 3 hours, must have been tired! 

Then it was off to Dave's house for family dinner. 
Elias was so proud of this cookie art his Primary  Teacher helped him make for his Mom!!  He even told me to sniff them.  And yep this non sugar eating sugar cookie lover did just that.  Yum!'

Darby tries her hand with adorable little Penny at her first family dinner!!
Adilyn gave Penny some loves too!! 
Davin showed us the amazing skills he's practicing for the family talent show at the first annual Perkins Family Reunion at Trevor's in July!! 
Briahnna played while Dad and Darby and assorted brothers sang songs from Le Mis, it was pretty awesome to listen to them too 
Then the pied piper took all the kids out front to shoot bottle rockets. 

They had a blast. 
Then I got to hold McKenna, who for reasons unknown,  was loving on her Aunt Brittney's shoe. It was pretty cute.  Just at sayin!! 

It was a busy week crowned by a lovely Mother's Day. My dear children called, sent texts and gave me thoughtful gifts!!  I have such wonderful children, and I am so greatful to have them in my life.  The grandchildren are just the frosting on the cake. Thanks all!! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You constantly amaze at the variety and fullness of your life! Loved spending time with you twice this week. Thanks for paying a tribute to my mom. It has been a week of the Spirit Lord for me...at the wedding and as mom passed. Family is everything and I love all the pictures of your kids and love your example of staying close and getting together often as they get older. I want to be sure we follow suit
    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You constantly amaze at the variety and fullness of your life! Loved spending time with you twice this week. Thanks for paying a tribute to my mom. It has been a week of the Spirit Lord for me...at the wedding and as mom passed. Family is everything and I love all the pictures of your kids and love your example of staying close and getting together often as they get older. I want to be sure we follow suit
    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete