Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Week I Wrestled a Pig in the Chapel!


Monday was errand day, and I snapped this photo while at the library.   I also hit several stores, including the grocery store and picked up my prescription.  
On Tuesday I had arranged to take Ashley to lunch, since I never see her. She was watching Becca's kids while Becca went to a meeting. So when Becca's   meeting was cancelled she joined us. 

Dad had spent their morning at the Fresh Markey sponsored special kids fishing day at Salem Pond! 
Then he joined us for cafe rio in Orem!! 
On my way home I picked up ground covers to redo the fairy garden as well as tomato plants for the garden, and flowers for my flower boxes   Olsons had these two cute  fairy gardens in the store!! 

I worked Wednesday and Aunt Joyce came in with some Cafe Rio and some presents. We had a nice visit. 

Dad got to do another shift ushering at the Payson Temple Open House in the marriage waiting room. 
I worked again Thursday, and towards the end of the day Dave and Bri and the kids came by and brought me chocolates and flowers!! 
When it was time to go, Addie said "No, I want to stay here forever!"  Yeah! Another Antiquer in the family. 

Dad had been in St George that day working and knew our niece Katie was playing the last of the state tournament. He decided to go to the course, since he was in town, and got to see her tie with the top player of the other team for the championship!  They broke the tie with one sudden death hole, Katie did it in  two shots , the other girl took three. Katie's team won their 6th 3a championship in a row and she won her third best girl golfer!  Dad felt so lucky to be their to see it!! 
I had debated about going to this church history lecture that night, I didn't know either the artist who hosted or the professor from BYUI that was speaking, but since I've been deep in church history lately it appealed to me. I still felt weird about going, but when she signed on to follow me on Instagram a few days later that decided me.   Since Dad had worked in St George that day he didn't get home until 10 to 7.  Fortunately it was in Woodland Hills, so we were just a few minutes late. 
I found the lecture so interesting, and it was fun to meet someone with Ivy League  degrees!! 
Seeing J Kirk Richards studio was awesome too !! 

On Friday I did some reading and some yard work. When I pulled the dead fitzers out of my planters, they beat me up bad!! 
Never the less I do like the new plantings. 

That night we met the Moes and Heuers for dinner at Sizzler before going to the Hale Center Theater production of Big Fish!
On Saturday morning Dad went off on his run and I went to the church house to clean, as it was the Relief Society's turn.  I got to use this vacuum called, the Pig, to vacuum between the pews. The wand attachment had come apart, and I had to hold it together while I dragged the pig around, vacuuming. Quite a trick!  So who knew one day I'd wrestle a pig in the chapel? 
Then it was home for a quickie bath and change before heading off to Bettilou's funeral. When we got there we saw Becca and Titan who had come for the viewing. 
Barb's niece Adrienne is expecting her second, her oldest,  Junebug is 6!  Also thought Krista looked adorable again! 
Here are Barb (pink) and her siblings. She and Donelle (green) did a really lovely life sketch during the funeral, with the fun celebrating stories we Mormons are famous for telling. Bettilou was 92 and is such a darling lady!! Dad and I have known her well for 24 years!! I even went with Barb and her kids to Bettilou's family farm when they were settling the  estate in South Dakota!!  I saw fire flies for my first and only time there. 

It really was the nicest funeral  for the celebrating of a life I've ever attended ... For the first time I actually wondered what my own funeral will be like! 
After the cemetary we picked up my fairy assistant in PG!! 
Because it was time to redo this  fairy garden. 
       B Sadly it rained on us like crazy!! 
But Eva's a good sport and told me to just put up my hood!! 
The old well will be getting a fairy garden of its own soon. 
Then it was off to Chuckorama for my birthday dinner with the kids 

               Loved this shot of Lu! 

Becca took pictures for me, so I didn't get one of her. 
           But I got her crazy family! 
          All my cute kids and grands!! 


Today I got to give my Relief Society lesson on flooding the earth with the Book of Mormon. It was a lovely lesson from Presidemt Benson's book!! 
After church we rushed to Salt Lake for
 Kristin's  son Jeff's homecoming talk. He served in Hong Kong. We also got to meet this cute Chinese girl that Jill has taken under her wing.  One day Jill was out driving and her daughter noticed this girl on the road side with her bike, crying. She is here from China attending college here without a program, and was feeling lonely and over whelmed. Jill and her family have befriended her since.  The girl speaks Cantonese and Jeff speaks Manderine , too bad.  Tonight Brittney, our own Manderine speaker, said that most of the Chinese missionaries In Hong Kong speak Cantonese, but they have the M speaking missionaries too because people (like Brittney's companions on her mission in Chinese speaking Canada,) would learn about the church from friends at home in mainland China and would want to join, so they would fly into Hong Kong and have all the discussions in one day and then they'd be baptized and fly home the same day!!  Who knew? 
 Here I  with my brother Clark and his sweet wife Jo. 

And the returned missionary himself, Elder Jeff Martinez. Who, by the way was companions to Caleb Crump before coming home! 

Dad and I stopped and visited with a sleepy grandpa Carlo on our way to dinner at Davin and Bri's. 

What a beautiful table!! 
Dinner was delicious and a good time was had by all.  Thanks for an amazing dinner Bri. 

We got home, just at dusk, we noticed the lights in the fairy garden house and 'street light' were glowing!! How fun!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment