Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sanding and Sanding (and sanding too!)

Yep,   It's Monday of a new week!!  I knew I needed a craft for my blog, so I took the time to make these pennants to 'identify' my spring wreath.   My visiting teachers came and stayed for 2 1/2 hours.  A lovely visit but it seriously bit into my project time. 
On Tuesday I was up early so I could get to Salt Lake early and get some junking in before meeting Arlene for a session at the Draper temple at 2:00 and some fun girl talk at Zupa's.  I then hurried home to make a visiting teaching visit!! Dad was busy serving his last shift at the Provo temple!! 
On Wednesday I was up early again, this time to walk with Ginny for the first time in a while!!  I saw this cute wreath while we were out. 
Then it was off to work where the first order of the day was to do a post on our ROCC site. I did this 1800s wedding dress I've had for too long!  Unfortunately it didn't sell!
In this aftetnoon I was chatting with a new customer and found out she's a Harvard professor. She teaches Political Science.  She said it's an exciting time in her line right now!!! I can imagine!! 
After work Dad and I met up with Darby and other fam for dinner. That included Davin's family, and Nell and her girls.  Dad and I got her some art work for her new townhouse, and went in on a vacuum that Briahnna picked out!'

Our cute girlie!! 
Here's another cute girlie posing with Provo Street art!! 
I worked again Thursday, and had book club too!!
At Ann Shumway's house! Much later that night, when Dad had gone to bed, but I was still reading, Trevor called to say he had taken Nell to the hospital in non-labor severe pain, and could we go up and spend the night? This we did, and here are the Scotts in the morning. Briahnna came and got the girls, and we dropped Scott at school, as he had a track meet. 

Then we stopped and rented a sander to redo the kitchen floor in Payson Cottage  cottage.  Dad is shown above sanding there, then moving the stove out of our kitchen so ..,,
He could sand here!!   The sander was kind of lame.  After we stained the floor at Payson cottage we were very unhappy with it? So on our floor, after shared hours of us both sanding, he took back the big sander and bought a small belt sander and finished the floor on his knees!  We were at it until late before dinner in our chairs and some BBT to relax!! 
On Saturday I was up early to finish up my tax paper work, since Dad had an appointment with our Tax Accountant that afternoon.  Then I headed off to work.  I found this sugar sack from the sugar plant where grandpa Burt and grandma LaRee worked.  This was the plant where grandpa Burt had his miraculous accident. The accident that should have killed him about three different times!!
Partway through my shift I was off to Lehi to meet these cute girls at Eszie's baby shower. 
Eszie's foster mom hosted and invited her friends and other foster moms. Eszie had some friends there too.  Everything was so cute!! 

August (e's foster mom) made this huge diaper cake!! 
Eszie seemed so pleased with the mountains of baby goodies!! 
She has just a few weeks left. 
After the shower I headed back to work. When I got home I was exhausted, as was Dad. We had dinner and a quiet evening. Dad had finished sanding here. Then put the stain on in Payson cottage, after his tome with our accountant. 

On Sunday we were all off to church. I bore my testimony about the hardships
 Joseph  Smith and his family waded through. I love reading stuff gathered from those original records.  It's amazing how he continually forgave those who turned their backs on him and caused huge problems for the church and for him and his family personally. 

We got to hear my  favorite Sunday School teacher. We also sat behind her family at church, such cute, reverent and obedient kids, they are a joy to watch. 
After attending the care center meeting, Dad and I went over to Payson cottage so I could check out the pathetic kitchen floor. So much work and so ugly, but at least it's better than it was, and I sure we will lay tile there before  the next set of renters. 

I went to talk to the neighbors and our old renters were there visiting. Laura wanted to see the house with the new carpeting.  Her son showed interest in renting it, but sadly we couldn't do that. It makes me feel kind of bad, but I'm sure his mom will explain it to him. I hope. ( he grew up there, but I'm sure he has no idea how his parents struggled to pay rent, nor how often they fell short)
Back at home, Britt and Spencer came up to chat, which we always enjoy. Then Davin came by to borrow the blue van to help move Darby ( she's so close!!! Yeah!). While he and Darby and the kids were there (we all had so much fun playing with those cuties!) Bri (who was at the hospital visiting Nell) called to tell Davin that her missing wallet had actually been stolen as there were big charges on her card!! Yikes!! Then Davin spent a chunk of time canceling the cards. What a royal pain.  
A bit later Dad and I and Spencer and Brittney headed up to visit poor suffering Nell.  It's not enough that she is sick to her stomach all day every day, now she's suffering with painful cysts. 

As you can see the subject of relative heights of brothers came up ... And yes. Trevor IS on his toes!

After our visit we headed home, where Brittney made dinner for us all, given our ripped up kitchen situation. I thought that was sooo nice!!  Another evening of reading rounded out our boring week!! 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Nell is having trouble. When is the baby due? Your boring week seemed pretty full to me. Is the kitchen floor that Scott posted on facebook the same floor that you are talking about? I thought it looked good!