Monday, September 30, 2013

Doll Houses and Cutting Trees and More!

 So, on Monday I walked out to go walking with LaVern and noted that the Turkey Vultures had let loose during a fly over ... I just hoped it wasn't an omen for the week.

 I did spent a half hour at the dentist before doing some shopping that day, picking up papers and details for the dollhouse I was working on for the Festival later in the week.

I also found a minky throw for Cheryl's belated birthday celebration that night ... Dad brought home the cake!!

I also got some done on the doll house that night, but spent all of Tuesday from about 9:00 A.M., until 10:00 that night, papering, putting down flooring, shingling and bricking it.

Dad brought Grandpa home in the midst of the of the doll house marathon, before going off to the temple himself, so I did have to take a break and make dinner for Grandpa and Cheryl, which is a good thing when one is so uber focused.

On Wednesday and Thursday I finished the doll house at work, completing the furnishings with a few purchases at the antique mall.

 I set it up Thursday after work at the festival site, in the Provo Library.  To the right is a detail of one room showing a rifle on a plaque I had for sale at the antique mall for 25c, a picture I printed off of Graphics Fairy and framed with craft sticks that I painted black, a table and harp donated by another gal in We Can. Also, scrapbook paper cut to fit by yet another member of We Can.  The flooring is actually doll house flooring I got at Hobby Lobby on Monday.  I made the couch at work, out of card board, paper towels for stuffing, and fabric.  The rug is an antique hot pad that I bought at the mall Thursday as well.

BTW, when I got home from work on Wednesday, Allen Ewell, our friendly neighborhood electrician, was helping Dad find the problem, as our power on the main floor had gone out.  They spent about an hour with no luck.

 On Friday I picked up Eva after school, and met up with my friend Ginny and her granddaughter, Afton, for a grandma date at the Dollhouse festival. 


The Doll House Festival benefits children who have been abused, and the money raised helps pay for therapy to help them move on with their lives.  Above are about half of the clothes I bought at the Persnickety Outlet that was set up to raise money for the cause.  I found something sweet for all my granddaughters, but Kim, who is too big for their sizes, even Adilyn's unborn baby sister got something.
 
Afterwards I picked up Grandpa at Ashley and Andy's.  Andy had finished up watching him, which we always appreciate! 

Dad had been helping Davin and Bri move to their new house in Spanish Fork when we lost the fuel pump on the old blue van.... Davin towed Dad (in the 15 seater van) home from Spanish Fork with the Deuce, what a site that must have been. 
 
I hurried home so Dad could go to the BYU game, but first we had to pick up my van that was having the coolant leak fixed, to the tune of $850, ouch.  Dad got there at half time and had to sit alone as the neither of the recipients of seats given away by Trevor or Davin showed up!
 
But Dad was happy that he got to go down the bleachers and visit with Brittney's parents who had also come to the game while they were in town for a quick trip from their home in Wyoming!

On Saturday Dad worked over at Payson Cottage some more, while I went to the Doll House Festival with a few of the We Can ladies ... then we had lunch at Brick Oven ... though not one of us had pizza, kind of funny.


 When I got home, Ben showed up ready to work on taking down the 3/4s dead catalpa trees.  He spent four hours at it, while Dad, who had come home from working at Payson Cottage, to meet Allen Ewell, our electrician again,  was wandering around looking at light and plug boxes all over the house with him. Allen was there for at least two hours, if not more, and even had another electrician neighbor come over to consult.  Now Dad is now trying to figure out how to rewire it all .... argggg.
 So I was out with Ben, most of the time, just in case something happened, and just to keep myself busy, I put together this old urn and pumpkins that I had bought for just this purpose while shopping.

 Ben and Dad pulled and pulled, then Allen came out of the house, and just as he placed a hand on the rope, the tree came down ... whoa, mighty electrician! By then it was almost 8:00 P.M. ... and it was time to feed Grandpa Carlo and head him up to bed.

Sunday after attending our regular meetings in the morning we got to go and see Eva and Scott in their Primary Program ... Eva and Elle both wore the skirts I had gotten them at the doll house festival, which was sort of fun.



 Scott and Eva both had their parts memorized perfectly and at least Scott did a great job singing.  We were on the far side from where Eva sat, so we couldn't see her during the songs. :-( ...

Next year we will have three more Primary aged grandchildren, though Scott will have moved on to Mutual, so hard to believe.  But we should be able to see Titan, Eleanor and Elias being adorable up on the stand too!  Something to look forward to!
 
 We headed home and got things ready for family dinner that night.  Becca came early to visit, which we always love, and Reagan got her Persnickety skirt, she seems to approve of the brand on the tag, don't you think ...
 And here we all are eating our Navajo tacos ... yum


 
... and I love the fascination the 'three year olds' have with the garden house,  above are Elias and Eleanor.  :-)

Spencer and Brittney had spent the day in Bountiful at her grandmother's to take advantage of her parents being in town before they headed home, so we just saw them at the end of the family dinner.  They came up after everyone had left and visited for a bit, which we always love ... thanks you guys!!

1 comment: