Sunday, September 22, 2013

Good Bye Emily and Sam and minor events


 This was a week to recover from a busy week last week.  I worked Monday, so I could have Wednesday off, and brought home these two old boxes to house skeletons and to use my 'coffin labels' on, in decorating my dining room mantel.

We discovered some art work left by some adorable 3 year olds on our monitor that day too ... some hairspray took it right off, but then Dad was sad, as he had wanted to leave it on as a reminder of our cute little grandkids.

 Tuesday evening, while Dad was at the temple, I went over to 'help' Emily and Sam in the loading of their container.  As it turned out, I took Becki for a walk in the stroller that lasted two and a half hours.  It made me sort of sad, because I kept thinking that in a year, she won't even know who I am ... of course Emily reminded me that we would face time ...

To the right Emily and Sam double team Liam to get his diaper changed!

 On Wednesday I went to the Haunted Star Mill event I had taken the day off to enjoy.  LaVern came with me, and we heard stories of ghost spotted at the Mill, as well as a lot of history of the mill that was fun.

That afternoon I went to Emily's to visit, but her friend Katie was there helping to touch up paint, and I fell asleep on the couch.  Emily took a picture of me sleeping that could be used as blackmail some time ... LOL

That night Dad and I went over to visit with them for the last time ... as they were leaving very early the next morning.





 


 Good bye dear daughter, our prayers and hearts have gone with you.

When I got home, I hurried and put these three Halloween décor items I had made on Tuesday on my Reclaimologists Instagram page, and they sold within minutes ... and then I made arrangements for pick up ... I am loving this group!!

Then I worked Thursday and did more work on my new whites booth ... which of course I love.  Then the gal that bought the Halloween décor stuff came in and gave me $60 for the three of them ... good times

I stopped on the way home and bought groceries for the Down Abbey Tea Party I was hosting in Jenn Walker's honor the next day.


 Not everyone dressed up, but look what awesome looking service they all received!!  Don't I have the best and most supportive husband ever?  Yes, I think so too, and thanks to Becca for coming and serving us all!!
 



 Above are Robin, Barb and Ann, to the right are Michelle Vercimak, Jenn Walker and Michelle's mother Doreen.  Michelle was up from Arizona to do a triathlon at Thanksgiving point ... she has lost 150 pounds over the last couple of years, pretty amazing, eh?

Chelsea, Jenn's daughter with whom Becca is friends, was there with her week old baby, whom Jennifer delivered last week ... the joys of having a nurse mid-wife for a mom!
 
 
Then on Saturday, while Dad and Spencer were wrestling the tub out of the upstairs bathroom at Payson Cottage, I was off to yet another fall event, the Fallow Field Farm show that I actually sold at last year.  Ann, good sport that she is, came along for the fun, and we are shown here with one of my favorite flea.o.logy venders.

That evening though, Dad got to go the the BYU game, while I stayed home and watched Grandpa.


Today, Sunday, Dad got to sing in our tiny ward choir while I sat with Spencer and Brittney.  Then half way through Sunday School they all left so that Brittney could speak with Dad for his High Counsel assignment.  I wanted to go too, but had agreed to help in Relief Society.  When we all got home Brittney told me about her talk, and honestly, it sounded amazing.

After they went downstairs, and Dad headed off to his next block of meetings I worked on this blog post for about an hour before laying down with a book ... for a few minutes .... that turned into two hours,  zzzzzzzzzzzz, and from which I was awakened by a policewomen at the door .... ooops.

"Yes, we do have an elderly gentleman who lives here ".... grandpa had taken a walk in his socks, fortunately Jill Wilson's renter had seen him and had called the police, then followed him to up by Doug Lamb's house, of course Doug had seen Grandpa at church and knew who he was ...

Well, we did manage to keep him home with no long solo walks for 13 months, so that's pretty good, right?

Spencer and Brittney made us dinner, so when Dad got home from doing Inventory in Spanish Fork we all had a lovely dinner of the amazing veggie nachos that we had had at Spencer and Brit's groom's dinner.  Very yummy, and we had a great visit as well.

So now that we have had a week, that turned out to be no less calm than the week before, I guess we can see how this coming week rounds out ... it might be restful, right?

1 comment: