Monday, January 1, 2024

The Worker Bee Does a Spa Vacation.

Happy Monday-Christmas morning.  I had made this sugar free whole wheat lemon blueberry cake to fulfill my dream.  I copied the one I had seen on a poster at the German Festival at 'This is the Place' park last year.  Obviously, no one but me would actually want to eat it (It was yummy with a sugar free lemon sauce), but I think it made the perfect centerpiece to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.


Madi admired it anyway,

I also used the pineapple slicer I got from my friend Sherri Oldham last year. Everyone loved the fresh pineapple and I think it will be a regular on our Christmas Brunch table for evermore. 

The buffet seemed to be a success.

It was fun to have the matching Summers and Abish too.

I loved this scene of Davin having an important discussion with Mac about his soft stuffed storm trooper. 

Of course, the adults lap ate, while the grands filled the table space. Still, we didn't have the numbers (or the heat) to justify holding the festivities in the Carriage House. 



Here's our sweet kewpie doll, complete with the side glancing eyes, sometimes called flirty eyes.

We were sad to miss Briahnna and Nenna, who were not feeling well. 


It was nice that Hannah was able to slip away from the celebration at Scott's and her house, to visit.  Here she found the secret to the puzzle box, then put it back together for Scott to open later.

Trevor face timed during our brunch time, so we were able to actually see some of the work they were doing to build the house.  The connection was sometimes iffy, but I thought these screen shots were sort of artistic. 

Here are some more informative screen shots, the lady in the blue, is I believe, the mom of the family the house is for.  The man in the red hat is the dad.  Trevor looks like a bandito, and Eleanor, Penny and Eva are seen hard at work. 




It was great to be a small part of this wonderful, life changing project, that Trevor et all participate in each Christmas time.

Since we also had sickness at Ashley and Andy's house, I thought I would share a couple of favorite shots of Kim and Ian from past years.  You can tell how old this picture is by noting that she is holding Van, who is now 5.

Another favorite from the same year. 



On Tuesday we met up with some assorted Moes for Barb's birthday movie day.  We started at The Original House of Pancakes for breakfast.

Our first movie, Wish, was very pretty to look at, but was missing a plot.

Our second movie, which I was happily surprised by, was Wonka.

Dad bought a new popcorn refill bucket for 2024 .. and a refillable mug, we're all set for another year of movies.

I ran off to go junking and missed this one, according to Dad I made the right choice.  Yay Kylie, I had planned to miss the other animated movie, which I mildly liked, vs this one, which Dad said I would have hated, it was Kylie's suggestion. 

Dinner at Zupas, always a good one for me. 
Last of all we saw the musical of the Color Purple, which I did not expect to like, but being a musical somehow made the tragedies of the plot more palatable. You know, the spoonful of sugar principle. 

And somewhere in the ins and outs of the day, we decided to join our friends on this cruise.  We're grateful to have Lillian to house sit for us, which is extra nice when you have a very old house that doesn't always behave itself when one is absent.

I managed to work a couple of days in the midst of the fun ... On Wednesday I met this Grinch obsessed lady.

And on Thursday a gal with a different obsession. 


Dad spent his Wednesday and Thursday working on a few details of the Carriage house.  He said painting the outside of this window was pretty miserable as the previous painting job was poorly done. 

On Friday we headed to Idaho to meet up with one of our favorite servers. 

Charley and I did a little drawing while waiting for dinner to arrive.   Then I had some of the most wonderful falafel ever. 
Here we all are after dinner. 

Back at the Italian Villa, the lady of the house draws an informative air map, pointing out places of interest with her lovely paring knife, which I found entertaining. 

And here is the worker bee, doing what he does best.  He took care of the electrical necessary to install the hot tub!
 
Then he cuts a hole in the wall to facilitate installing of the bidet that Santa brought Mike for Christmas. 

Fun store I have been wanting to visit, there were several here in Nampa.

The girl herself with some Tupperware cups she found out junking with me, that reminded her of a fond childhood memory.

And I loved this display of orphan cups and saucers, I can't wait to get back to the mall and make a similar display. 

and how fun is this mushroom stool, I wonder if Ross' Julie would teach me to weld. 

And a charming set of small books, too rich for my pocketbook, but it was fun to see. 

And this is the first time I have seen one of these 50's store display Santa's in real life. They made and sold him in about a 15inch size, of whom I've seen and owned several. 


That night we went to see SIX, a Broadway 'play', only in the broadest sense.  Dad liked it, as he could appreciate the quality of the singing voices.

  Britt ran into a friend, as she always does.

Here we are in our seats.  Britt had seen the play with a friend a couple of days prior and loved it.
And the obligatory broadway play picture. 


On Sunday we headed to a late church, and then came home and did our 'Follow Him' podcast, before being introduced to the joys of Mike's amazing massage chair.  It really was wonderful.

When it was dark enough, the four of us went to the Sentsy headquarters to see and interact with the lights, at Charley's suggestion.  She was right, it was beautiful. 

This round lighted tunnel, behind the girls, was so fun. 


There is a basin in the midst of the campus, and its evidently traditional for kids to roll down the hill.  Here Charley gets ready for her descent. 

Back at Home Charley Jammies up in her new Froggie PJs a Christmas gift from her brothers. They probably felt great after her many rolls in the oh so cold grass. 

Dad and I warmed up as well, and Dad got to enjoy the fruits of his labors with a soak in the hot tub.

Look at our cutie!!

We were halfway through watching the New Year's movie, when the time arrived. 


Cheers!

Mikey and the Froggie.

We go to meet Ava, Alex's friend, while the kids toasted the New Year.



and a Happy New Year to all.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment