Sunday, January 7, 2024

From the Ski Slopes to the Sick Bed.


Monday found us at the lodge at Bogus Basin with Britt and her kids, so that Dad could enjoy an afternoon of skiing.

Here he is heading up with Charley, who has made a great leap in skills since last year. You can see the green in the peripheral of the photos. They had the most runs open of any Idaho resort, as they are the only resort with snow making machinery. 


Coming down.

Kai and Alex

Britty all geared up. 

I sat in the lodge and actually put together last week's blog, with my phone as a hot spot.  It took me almost a half an hour to get the pictures on the blog, but then, what else was I going to be doing?

Britt and Alex

Alex has a friend who works at the lodge, that was fun. 

Kai and Charley.

And here she is refueling after they got home. 

We left early on Tuesday, and managed to meet up with The Mottishaws,  Ralph Jamsa and Ilka Aura, all missionaries from Finland at the Sizzler in Provo.  

And a selfie of us all, thanks to the long arm of Ralph.

At home again we had time to work on our Top Nines for last year on Social Media. Here's Dad's Face Book top nine.

Dad's Instagram top nine.

My Instagram top nine.
Here I am back at work on Wednesday, and Dad went out to Mosida to take down the Christmas decor, which took less than an hour.  This picture of me with Jared Abbott, a good friend of Davin's from their days working together at Maceys, was taken when he came into the mall.  He is also the nephew of Sister LeAnn Newman, who was helping Dad and others take down the decor at the lodge, as she is a sister to Jared's mother.  Such a small world.

When Dad got back from Mosida, Dayton was there and managed to get a lot done on the heating system for the Carriage House, which he finished up on Thursday.

After work Wednesday Dad stopped by and picked me, we had some Cafe Rio in Provo on our way to meet the Heuers at the Hale Center Theater. 

Where we saw a charming version of The Foreigner. 

Back at work on Thursday, I rearranged the island display in my front booth.  I pushed back the shelves, after taking out two smaller shelves, that I would use the next day as I completely redid my booth at The Grove Friday. This isle facing display from now on will be my holiday display.  I hope you can tell it's a Valentine's theme. 

This frees up the white table on the far left of the picture to be used as a silver plate silverware display, as I am breaking up several sets that are not selling, and hope this change will sell them better. Young  people are buying up nice patterns as single pieces to use in making jewelry. (I was up to 4 full sets at the at that point.)
Back at home Dad met up with Lee Edward's crew, a friend of Trevor's, in running the new hot water line from the bathroom on the second floor to the attic.  It is to replace the hot water supplied by the water heater which had been taken out that day, after years of malfunction, flooding and a replacement of the bathroom ceiling below, during our first mission.
On Friday Dad was sick with stomach flu, and slept the whole day, While I was working on changing out my booth at The Grove. I pulled out this little dresser that I have been trying to sell for more than 3 years (At fleaology twice, and at Treasures for a year and a half, and now at The Grove since I moved in 15 months ago.  While there, two of the glass knobs were stollen, so I took off the rest of them, and am selling it cheap on Facebook Marketplace.

In looking around at the other booths, I found this book, which made me giggle, as it is the same as the name of a dating site, Plenty of Fish, in fact, I believe it's the site where my sister Julie met her dear friend Edmund, an equity actor, with whom she lived in New York City for a few years. 

Here is my completed redo, after 3 1/2 hours.  The shelves on the left side are those I pulled out of Treasures the day before.

and the left of the redone booth.

My goal was to make it look as if the space had changed residents, nothing like a new dealer to bring closer inspection. 

On Saturday Dad was feeling better, and managed to work on patching the holes resulting in the adding of a hot water line from this room to the attic bathroom above.

It was fun to see him doing some patching of the walls and ceiling. 
Which he always does so well. 

That night we went to Applebees to feast on Impossible burgers, using one of the gift Certificates from one of you, all gifted at Christmas.  We also used Spencer and Brittney's Cafe Rio Gift Certificate on Wednesday.  Thank you for feeding the old people.

Then today it was time to celebrate Trevor's 43rd birthday. Thanks for all the good you do!

And Dad saw this picture of Ace Moyer, a young man we saw growing up from our Cottonwood Heights ward, he was 7 years old when we moved into the ward, (He was famous as a teen for wearing shorts all winter, as we would see him thus garbed at the bus stop headed to Skyline (where Brittany later attended) on snowy days there at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon.)  The picture was from the Church News as he and his wife are to serve as Mission Leaders in the Germany Berlin Mission. 

Dad went to church early this morning to sit in on the counsel that is going to be planning the Handcart Trek, our ward is doing this summer.  Unfortunately, I had to stay home and have my turn with the Stomach Flu. Alas, I was fine again by this afternoon, hurrah!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment