Sunday, April 23, 2023

Take Me Home Country Road




Still in Texas on Monday and its Junquing day.  At an antique store in Sheman, I looked down at items I was carrying and thought they looked pretty  ... Dad messaged me while I was in the store, and said Emily had called and had seen some yummy sushi at Sam's club in Sherman  ...

So he rushed over there and got us some for lunch.  He obviously also had some Johnny time while he was there.


We hit 7 venues that day.  Here are a few displays I like at the Antique Company Mall in McKinney.

Frames are popular in our antique malls here too.

Dad folded up a little tea cart I had bought to get it into the car.

Tuesday morning, and we snapped the kids as they headed off to school.

Papa got some Benny hugs too.

Stopping at an antique store 3 miles toward home but still in Texas, I saw this old instrument case, that sort of looks like it says Randall Moe on it.  I spent twice the money here of any of the others places I had shopped. 

Here we are home on Wednesday and here is my loot shoot from the trip.

This picture shows the bottom shelf of the tea cart you saw Dad holding ealier.

some good Texas chickens.

And pink goodies, most of which went to The Grove Vintage.

I got a pair of these ship pictures, and spent part o the day at work on Thursday taking them apart for cleaning, and securing the backs which had been taped on with duct tape.

They looked much better.  I headed home early so that I could make sushi with a gal in the ward for our Relief Society activity that night, called 'self care'.

I had gotten Aubey to whom I minister to come and demonstrate message techniques. 

Here she is at work.

I'd also lined up Shanna Weight to come and do a Yoga class.  She did two and I participated in both.  Shanna and I got to know each other 6 years ago by being Visiting Teaching partners for 4 years.  

We did facial masks. 

and nails ....

and our Relief Society President, Kiera Carter even dotted my toenails for me.

Sweet eh?

Thanks for coming Shanna.  I sure felt good at work the next day after all that yoga, I even had a customer tell me that I walk really fast.  Noone has said that to me in more than 10 years. 

Up early on Saturday, we met with several of the other Mosida Missionary to tour the Indian Pictographs at the Smith family preserve.  The artifacts from up to 1400 years ago, had been found by Blake Smith, one of our missionaries who lives up  Redwood Road from Mosida, and whose family is the only original family from the Mosida Project organized in 1909, that still own the property.  Being aware of the Indian pictografts, the family agreed to donate over 100 acres of land to a preservation organization based out of Washington DC.  We had a volunteer guide who led our little two hours tour ... (Thats right a 2 hour tour, but not to worry, no boats or desert islands)

Here we are all ready to go, including the Newmans, the Marvins, the Crumps, the Gurrs, brother Smith, and Sister Child, whose husband took this picture. Brother Smith just sent us off with the guide and he has seen these all about a million times.

At one of the sites ...

Our guide, an anthropologist points out interesting items.  She told us there are 4 distinct styles of pictures, indicating four different time periods.


This particular rock was jamed with illustration.  The upisde down man indicates death, above him is an upside down animal ... they don't know what the rainbow means.

This one is interesting, its a woman side ways facing the left.  Here enlarged stomach shows a baby in the lower part with the birth canal below and her leg bent before her.  I'm so glad I never had to squate while giving birth.  This is the a sign in a slight alcove, which would have been handy to squate in while giving birth.


This is the alcove and you cand see the squarish sign behind the round ball cactus, which we hope wasn't growing there when it was in use.

I thought this looked like a turkey looking out a four light window, but alas...

One rock had three of these signs on it on different sides. Evidently an specialized archiologist who does calendars came to look at it during a solstace to determine its usefulness.

Here ae some details of several drawing, except for the lichen in the upper left picture, which also has circles.

Here are other lichen growths.  The spring one in the upper left, and a couple in Halloween colors. 

I found a rock for my memory wall, and Elder Newman carried it most of the way down.  He's showing me how he suffered, you can see the tip of the tock at the bottom of his backpack.

Our survival picture.

We got done after noon, and after a potty stop at the Heuers (Thanks Robin) we went to this sale in Lehi.  This cupboard was 400 bucks and has an amazingly crackled patina.  

Sweet scraped birdhouse.

And this gal gave me a discount on this transactional east lake shelf ... she's also coming out to sell at fleology this coming Saturday.

Next it was to The Grove to add some merchandise.  I just love the flowers in the box under the window.  

Here's a few shots, this one show the three pewterish items I got in Texas,

And several of the pink item I got there as well.

When we got home I checked out the dishes that I had bought from the artist who painted this picture.  Her mother had bought a bunch of factory seconds when in England for 2 euros each.  Since I had bought some transferware at the outlet store in Staffordshire myself,  I know it is hard to find any imperfections.  She was selling 42 pieces, some serving pieces that would have been more, for just $75, less than two bucks each. and you know how I love transferware.

When I was venmoing her I found that she had art behind her name, and I looked her up on Instagram and I am now following her.  I love keeping up on successful local artists.


That night we went to the adult meeting of our Stake Conference.  Here we see our Stake Presidency, with one of the missioin presidency's counselors on the right.

Stake Presidency First Councilor Matt Siufanua,  Stake President Isreal Zepeda,  Second Couselor, Daniel Bradley and Mission Presidency Second Councilor Daniel Garcia.

and last, but certainly not least, its Penny's birthday today.  She is 8 and will be baptized in May. 

We  hope you enjoyed your family time and activities just as much as we did, and we're sure it is so.  We love you all and thanks for reading.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment