Monday, November 15, 2021

Fun and Games


Another great week is behind us.  It started on Monday with Dad and I both going out to exercise, him for a run,and me for a walk with my friend Carolyn.  After breakfast Dad indulged me in a game of Scrabble.

Then we did chores,  he burned old financial papers.

and I unloaded the goodies I'd bought over the weekend,of course most of them got loaded into the van to go to the antique mall.  Then again I just loved this gal, and added tiny trees to her framework, and put her under the cloche I got from Marci last week.

I love how the corner worked out.

I reworked the dining room table center piece. Then I filled bins with the Halloween decor and Dad hauled it down stairs. I also did some cleaning projects, but no pictures of that mundane stuff.

Ashley posted some pictures of Zach, holy cow!! He's nearly as tall as Kim.


Its fun to see how he's growing.

On Tuesday Ann brought her daughter Hannah along on our hike

and look who else joined us.

On line that day I found this picture of Charley and loved it.  It reminds me of my kids climbing up the hall walls in the Salt Lake house, of course there were no cute leotards involved then.  What a cutie.

A friend of mine, who had brought me some former home crafted Halloween decor items to sell at the Mall for Halloween, told me, when I called to settle up her sales, that she wanted to donate the money to a cause I was participating in.  Since I am not involved with a Festival of Trees tree this year, I told her about Trevor and Nell's Christmas project in Mexico, and she asked me to donate it there.  How fun is that.  Above is one of the pictures Trevor sent me to forward her of previous trips.

Dad worked at Darby's house on Wednesday and Saturday.  I worked Wednesday and Thursday at the mall, and don't have even one decent picture to share. Of course Dad did his temple shift on Thursday as well.

But I made up for the lack of pictures on Friday with loads of pictures.  Ann and I walked, and had to leave ourselves a marker so that on the way back we could pick up the rock I had picked out for my memory wall.  We had left it in the middle of the trail on Tuesday, but missed the correct trail on the way down.  Yep, our own little landmark did the trick.

After walking I got home in time to get ready to go to the temple with Dad for the first session since our mission.
After that, Davin and Bri came over to help Dad install the new double pane windows he had ordered for the parlor and stairs windows.

Aren't they photogenic?

These are the two windows that now are better insulated.

That afternoon the Kews came by to pick us up to go to the Springville Museum of Art's Religious Art exhibit. 


I loved the subtle little lines of text in this painting, the full painting is above.

 I also loved this one, for some reason it reminded me of Penny.

Of course I always love well executed portraits. I actually thought about where I could hang it, but it is huge.

I was surprise to see that Del Parsons is still painting, and this one was for sale. It is stunning.

Here I am with a sculpture done by Jeff Carter, the same man who made the double pane windows for us.


I love Rose Dotoc Dall's work.  This is Heavenly Father and Mother.

We went to the Straptank Restaurant and Pub after the show.  I was so fascinated, 6 or 7 years ago when they built this 1940s ish looking building, but we have never been there.  It looks like an old commercial garage from the outside, and the inside is just as old looking.

I just loved the shop sink in the bathroom.

and best handle ever!

I did not know that the first motorcycles were essentially bikes with add-ons.

Here' another on the wall behind Steve in the blue shirt.

Afterward we went back to the Kew's house and watched A River Runs Through It.  Which I finally realized I had never seen.  The younger son character, played by Brad Pitt, reminded me so much of Ben, that it was a very emotional movie for me.  Steve, who had been thinking about his son Christian, who passed away in late January this year, was also touched.

On Saturday, Dad was off to Darby's again, and I made my first trip to DI of the week.  I was so tempted to buy this 1940s couch and chair, with their indestructible upholstery fabric, which still looks like new.  Unfortunately I had nowhere to put them.

Later Dad face timed me to show me how great the tile work looked. Its just beautiful.

Sunday was a crazy day ... it started in North Ogden with Sister Emmalee Larson's home coming, Sister Nicole Peterson, next to Dad, was the only other missionary who came.  They had been companions.


I had a fun and healthy snack at the Larson's house later.

We headed south, to Kaysville, where we met up with Doug and Shirley for lunch at another Larsen house.  Shirley's sister Arlene joined us as well.

Next we killed some time in the cemetery, hahaha, playing who has the closest relative there.

I always love little head stones with lambs.

Dad won the game, by the way.  He always finds people who are 5th and 6th cousins, with removals.  Mine are usually 10th or so, and always through my grandmother Frisbey's line.  They were early colonizers, from the 1600's, so that's why my connects are so far back.  Dad won with a second cousin 3 or 4 times removed.  He even found a 6th cousin for me.  (Sometimes it will connect you through your spouse)

The next stop was Bountiful where Dad had a meeting at Sister Wade's home, for a few of her missionaries who always help her put together reunions. Two of the sisters were Finnish missionaries with Dad, the other is a friend.

Here's Dad with a couple of other missionaries.  The one in the blue sweater evidently moved into the Bullock's home in my home ward after I was married.  I thought that was funny. I had mentioned that Sister Wade's fireplace looked like my Mom and Dad's, and asked her when her house was built.  Not surprisingly it was about the time ours was built.  She asked where my parent's home was and when I told her two blocks to the north of hers, the other missionary said, I used to live on 3000 south too.  Small world.

She made piirakkas for us, which Dad enjoyed, I was already over calories by then and had to pass.
Next stop was at Trevor's house in Pleasant Grove for a family dinner.  It was a pasta bar and everything was delicious.

Trevor and Nell invited their renter Jenny to join us, she was recently called to be the Young Women's president.  How handy for Eva.

Here's some cool kids.

 
and some other cool kids.
But who can be cooler than this long haired dude who spoke in church today and forgot to invite his parents?  Brittney did give a quick version and it sounded amazing.
I really like his hair though, but he and Trevor don't look much alike anymore.  But then, all my boys are good looking, so no worries there.

These girl's had coordinated owies. (Eva and Penny)

 munchkins munching

another munchkin

This girl always makes me smile.

and this guy too.

The kids had a great time in the back yard playing tag games.






Here's another shot of these cool kids, this time with Hannah's Scott.

Cam gets swung by Uncle Trevor.

Everybody just loves this baby.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment