Sunday, September 18, 2016

Lots of Lasts

Monday started with Dad heading off to Park City for his last reset! Ever! I started by walking a mile and a half with LaVern, almost back to normal!! Yeah. 

I then attended my last WeCan where we colored pages for alphabet books for school kits put together by the church's  Humamitarian Program.  The coloring was very restful, then we had lunch!! 
On the way home I stopped by Salem Pond to catch Pokemon, and saw these guys!  Pretty sure they were just migrating through. 
We finished off the day with our last FHE group, where we very nearly finished off Preach My Gospel after 6 years. I started the group when Dad was ward mission leader six years ago. Really such an amazing manual, I always feel the spirit when I read or discuss it. 
On Tuesday I was off to the Provo City Center Temple to meet Arlene for our last temple and lunch date for a while!! 
That night I went visiting teaching with Dad's cousin Jerry. The last lady set out folding rockers for us in her garage and we very comfortablely watched the lightening and rain, and visited!  It was lovely. 

Of course Dad was doing his shift at the temple during the down pour!! 
On Wednesfay I drove with Joanne to Kim's house in Cottonwood for a farewell tea put on by my art group. 
There was a bee theme, because they think I'm a busy bee, boy did I fool them!  
These cookies were amazing. 
Here Kim pours herb tea for Ann 
Here's everyone but Joanne, who was behind the camera. 
I got back to Orem, almost in time for Becca's new buyer seminar. Oops. But I did get to visit with all these fun people .
And got to eat what I thought were bakery goods ... Yum. ... Evidently made by Becca's administrative assistant who used to be a professional baker. Yep. Ashley!! 
And see other people whom I love ... 
Very much!! 

On Thursday I worked all day. 

After work I went to a get to know you Relief Society meeting. 
We're all "speed friending" here. 
Then on Friday my little boy was off to his last day of work, ever!  And his first day wearing hearing aids !  Pretty transitional day!! 
I was off to the Payson rental house to vacuum before the carpet cleaners came!! 
Then I stopped by Peteetneet ....
To check out the quilt show!  
And ran into Iris Madson, who was recently cropped off our Ward!! 
Meanwhile the store in Park City baked Dad a retirement cake and then his big bosses came by and took him to lunch. 
That night Dad and I went to the Springville Art museum for Andrew McGowan's wedding reception. 
He married a native Chinese girl he met when they were both working at Yellowstone.   They were sealed in the Provo City Center  temple that morning, and here they are participating in elements of a traditional Chinese ceremony. It was beaituful! 
Here's the whole McGowan/Walker family. It was fun to catch up. 
After the wedding we went to dinner with Adam and Megan Anderson. He was our 'skyping tutor'.  It was fun to get to know them in person. 
On Saturday Dad headed off to the viewing for Jack Swift, a man he used to home teach in Salt Lake.  Then we met at Becca's to do endorsement videos done by her satisfied real estate customers. 
Afterwards I met Barb at a park and ride, then drove to Tooelle for Melody Heuer's baby shower. 
Here I am with Barb and Robin. 

After the shower I had to put in two hours at work, after a trade went bad hhhmmm before ....
Meeting up with the Heuers and Moes at Sizzler, where we all went to dinner almost 25 years ago for our first joint date night. After dinner we went to see See How They Run at Hale Theater!!  It's our last Hale play until we get home. Great play, loads of laughs, I'd forgotten it was set in England ... which made it even more fun. Dad and I loved the old maid character!  She was amazing. 
This morning after our own sacrament meeting we went to Spanish to the farewell of the Vests who are going out on our mission with us.  This is him with Dad. They met in the Provo temple more than 5 years ago and they've worked in the temple ever since. 
Afterwards we stopped by Salem Pond, and then ...

Drove up Payson Canyon to see the colors ...
And last of all stopped to visit Dad's first mission companion who also lives in Payson, Van Devereau. We had a nice hour long visit, and invited them to our farewell next week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment