Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Broadstone's Threat and the Cistern Comes Down

It's been another full week. 



But of course I did manage to style some photos for Instagram. This is the mantel in Cheryl's room. I've done nothing to it since she moved in, almost four years ago. Definitely time for a change 


Then I was off to my We Can group where we did note books for refugees and birthday kits for the food bank. 

We enjoyed dinner at Cafe Rio after. 




Emily sent me this cute picture of  Sam and William building a new rabbit hutch.  Is that the cutest thing ever?!


On Teal Tuesday I redid the mantle in the dining room for another IG post. 

Then Hannah came to help me work in the garden. I raked out the daffodil bed, and they look so happy now.  

Dad, of course did his temple shift that evening.  But he got home in time to watch more Downton.  

On Wednesday day I made a visit to the eye doctor and still have no tearing despite the continued side flashes. I'll visit one more time before our mission just to be sure. 

He did tell me one interesting thing, though, he said being light sensitive is related to migraines, which makes sense, since I've always been sun shy, and Ben was the most sunshy of the children.  But, then, I have no explanation for Brittany's migraines. 


Wednesday night Dad and I went to the city counsel meeting where Udot presented a couple of options for a new Payson interchange.  One of the options includes widening Main Street which would include tearing down all the houses on the east side of main, including ours. 

So now we are in the fray, as you see above.  According to the project manager, who will choose this fall, public input in mass is all that can save it.
   

Nell sent me this new flier for Fleaology that day too, and It's been getting rave reviews. 



On Thursday I worked and found  this great old typewriter for a good deal for Brittany, who'd asked me to keep an eye out for her. 



After work Dad and ran up to the Draper temple to join the Heuers as Benjamin took out his endowments. 



On Friday Dad and I babysat for Becca for a couple of hours. 



Titan and I made a book about him. 



That night we babysat for Dave and Bri, which was fun. The kids were so cute. Then we got to see the latest BBC Jane Eyre, which I've not seen. Everyone else was bored silly, but I liked it!!  



First thing Saturday I was off to the Reclaimologist Vintage Show. The girls with this booth did Fleaology a few times. Their stuff is wonderful. 


My friend Kim bought this set from another Fleaology dealer. I was drooling. In all there were about 8 of our dealers selling at this hugely successful show. 


Chelsea Ekins, as was, makes paper bouquets now. I bought this one and can now display my favorite vase all the time. 


Afterwards I hurried to Salt Lake to meet Nell at cousin Jack's wife, Jane's baby shower!!  Here she is with Brooke. 



Here are Megan, Aunt Shirley and Aunt Nina.  Aunt Nina said that Uncle Emory is just not himself anymore. She said he never leaves home now. We're so very sad. 



Here are Aunt Dianne and Catherine. 


I went in on the gift with Bri and Becca, and got 4 sets of matching outfits, but could resist not matching the super hero onsies. Turns out it was a good choice as they fit in with an inside family joke. . 


With two of everything Jane ended up with quite a pile. She is one of four girls in her family and has two sisters who already have twins!! 


Here I am with my darling sister-in-law Jo. 


When I was bringing Nell home, I saw someone over in the cemetery flying kites, and thought, what a good Dad. Turns out that good Dad was Trevor. 


It caught a gust as Nell took control to put it away!!  This picture with their house in the back ground is a wonderful memory. 


I headed home to meet up with Dad, who'd taken someone's afternoon temple shift, when I got home I saw the cistern cut in two and lying on the ground!  He'd done feared and undoable task by himself. He's a rock star. I'm just glad I wasn't there to see him toss them from that 3rd story roof. I was so worried he'd fall. 

He'd also put up the shutters I painted this week!! 



Then we headed to Orem and had dinner with Wendy and Steve, since the last minute shower invitation had nixed  Wendy's and my plans to see the antique show and have lunch to celebrate her birthday. She's  just one month and 8 days older than me!  

Today Dad was off for his last time to attend the care center branch meetings. He showed up toward the end fast and testimony meeting. I was never so happy to scoot over and make room.   No more widow Perkins for me!! 

That afternoon we had our final bishop's interview. 



Then later we headed to  Trevor and Nell's for curry. Yum.   Trevor also made naan, everyone loved it. 




Then Nell helped Scott set up a 'pass the pigs' tournament. 



Everyone had fun and our finalists were Davin, Trevor, Addie and Titan!  So much fun. 

and guess who turned one that day, in far away Texas!  That's right it was Abigail. 


So that was our busy week, hope yours was full and fun and fabulous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment