Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Migrating Fairies and Builder Fairies ... Oh and Wicked too!

 Post flea.o.logy and its time to get back to work ... ha ha ... so I caught up on my blogging and did some house work and laundry.  Dad and I went shopping for new panties for Beckie who is currently getting potty trained.

That night Dad and I picked up Eszie and took her to see Million Dollar Arm, and then stopped at Maui Chill!

On our way home we stopped at Treasures and unloaded all the stuff that hadn't sold at flea.o.logy so Dad could take my van the next day, as his car was still in the shop.

 On Tuesday I worked for another dealer who needed a day off, and redid our front display.  As you can see the organ desk Dad made plays a starring role.

To the left is the set of Haviland dishes that I got Texas, loved the idea of the stacked dishes under the cloche.

Dad worked then did his shift at the temple, and I had a quiet evening reading at home.
 Wednesday morning I noticed a new fairy in my indoor fairy garden ... hmmm, I had never seen her before, but she was clearly made by the same maker as my fairy ... I FB  messaged my sisters, I emailed my sisters and left a phone message, all to no avail ...
Then, because I was off that day, I took pictures of my pink dresser that had been left over from flea.o.logy ... and listed it on our ROCC listing day ... and guess what?  It sold based on the preview on Instagram, I hadn't even had a chance to finish the listing on FB

 Then, I took the worst selfie ever, (actually about 20 of them) with the package of panties I was sending to help motivate Beckie in her potty training adventures.  I wanted her to know who had send them, and included the selfie with the package!
 On Thursday, I worked again, and bought these two awesome chairs from a customer.  The 'new' chairs required moving some things around and this wire plant stand lost its space on the floor, so it was fun to reinvent it as a desert stand, with crochet thread cakes!!

Joyce came in to shop that day, and when I mentioned the new fairy, admitted to only reading her emails about monthly ... and I know she rarely picks up phone messages.  But the mystery was solved once and for all, she had snuck her into the fairy garden during flea.o.logy four days before.  Shows how unobservant I am, doesn't it.

 After work I went to the ward pioneer BBQ, Dad was in charge of a blood drive that afternoon and evening, but took off just long enough to join me ... here I am in another bad selfie with my neighbor and fairy soul mate ReLene.

Above other ward members include, the bishop to the far left, the Ekins and Heather, Jolene's daughter.
 On Friday I was up early to do a little garaging, just around Payson.  Then I stopped the Restore in Spanish on my way to the grocery store.  Then ...
 Dad and I got together and met the Moes at the Park and Ride in Highland later that afternoon, then met the Gearhearts by Trolley Square for dinner before we all headed to the Capitol theater to see Wicked!!
Jerry Gearheart took this pictures of Scott and I doing a selfie, and it was better than the selfie itself, so it gets placement here.

 Amazingly Dad remembered to remind me to get our opera glasses, though we had very good seats at the front of the mezzanine, it was nice to get face closeups, especially since we were mainly there, because Robin Heuer's next door neighbor's daughter, Nikki Bohne, was playing Glenda!!  She is the understudy, but I guess every understudy is given a shot!  She did an amazing job!  I saw no difference at all  between her performance and that of the many Glenda's I have seen perform (this was Dad's and my 6th time to see the play!)
 Afterwards we waited by the stage door with about a hundred other people for Nikki to appear!

All the actors came out and grabbed bikes from the hooks and peddled away, which was perfect for the Wizard, after all he was a Peddler, right?
 Here Nikki gets her picture with Brittany Gearheart, who lives across the street from Barb and Randy (and is also Barb's niece) ... she grew up with Nikki, so great photo op, eh?
Then I met someone who changed my life, and I never knew it.  This is Kitty Tenney, the Broadway groupie in Barb's ward who suggested to Barb that we see Wicked when we went to New York in 2004.  She had seen the second ever preview performance in 2003, and has video of herself chilling with Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth after the performance.

Here we are with the Moes after the performance.  The Heuers were there too, and sat right next to us, while Barb and Randy sat elsewhere, but weirdly we did not get a picture of them at all, since they came up in a second car and missed the dinner part of the evening. What an awesome and memorable night!!  

 Then on Saturday Morning, Dad had to go off to Orem to fix the swamp cooler in our rental house there.  Since I had junked the day before I planned a quiet day catching up at home, but while reading facebook a friend mentioned that he was doing a school fund raiser sale in Springville, and since I knew that a couple of my flea.o.logy dealers were doing a vintage market there in town too, I thought it best to head out to support my peeps.

Strangely after stopping at the fund raiser, I noticed a garage sale just up the street, and thought I would stop on my way to the vintage market.  And who's sale would it be but a good friend/shopper, (she bought my extra iron fence on the day I cut off and reattached my finger tip!)

She was selling at her daughter's house, and I had to get a photo, when I noticed she was wearing an apron she bought from me at Treasures.  Then I went to her house and bought lots of awesome vintage she had to sell. She has such amazing stuff.

 She also has a fairy garden ... talk about Kindred Spirits.

 Then I was off to the new shop, R House, in Springville ... I knew that one of the dealers who started it was Stephanie who had been a dealer at Treasures, and was also a dealer, once, at flea.o.logy.  But I didn't know that the other owner, also Stephanie, is the one who custom ordered a baby pennant banner from me last year.  That was kind of fun.  It was also fun to see their shop, and then to visit with some local dealers who were selling at the vintage market.  Boy, there are sure getting to be a lot of vintage markets, kind of makes me laugh, since I started my flea market  in 2006 because there was no such thing in Utah!

 Then when I got home, that afternoon, and was watering my fairy garden, I noticed that someone had added a new, twisted vine archway.  How funny is that.  I still don't know who, so perhaps the fairies become unenchanted at midnight, or something, and were able to do a little work in the garden.  Such a mystery.

On Sunday, we had a nice meeting with Dad being our visiting High Counsel speaker.  He did a great job, as always, and told all the old family stories, like about when Darby was run over, and how our Home Teachers were at the hospital, just a half an hour after we got there and were able to help Dad give her a blessing.  He also told of other miracles that have resulted in priesthood blessings he has given ... including the one where he was inspired to go and give Kim Dicou a blessing of comfort after her third miscarriage when she had just the two little boys.  He blessed her she would yet be the mother of daughters, a great desire of hers.  Whoa ... he said that one made him nervous at the time.  But then after having another son (which also made him nervous) she went on to have two more children, both daughters.

In Sunday school I got to teach again.  This time we talked about how Jeroboam was foretold by the prophet Ahijah, that he would be king of the 10 northern tribes, Ahijah made an impression on him by taking off Jeroboem's new cloak and 'rending it in 12 pieces' ... the lesson suggested tearing a piece of cloth, or cutting up a picture of clothing.  I decided to go for the interest factor that Ahijah must have had in the original incident, and asked Dad to wear an old tie he was thinking of tossing.  I then, while telling the story of Jeroboem, walked over and cut off this tie below the knot, making three pieces of it.  Then cut each piece into four ... lets just say, Big Impact ... I had everyone attention, besides it was fun!

Then after church and a nap, and picking up grandkids in north county, it was time for another family dinner.  It poured down rain, and some of the grands were nervous (Note Zach looking up at the noisy roof over his head)  about all the noise that made on our metal patio roof, but other than those who wanted to get wet, we all stayed relatively dry.

Since Darby has started working at IM Flash with Brady, though not actually with Brady as they always work opposite shifts, she seems much closer to Becca's kids ... Reagan, who is sometimes picky about who gets to hold her, seems right at home in her arms here.

 It was super fun to have Brittany in town for another wedding, but this is evidently the last ... we may not see as much of her anymore.

Here she is with Brittney and Charlie.
 The grandkids, except the crazy one, all hunkered down in the garden house during part of the storm ...
 The crazy one, however, worked at getting as wet as possible.
 It was fun to have Kim there to chat with the girls, and its amazing to believe that she is actually going to high school in the fall, AND she just finished up Drivers Ed!!
 Eszie seemed to enjoy seeing us all together, and wanted to see the house and  pictures of her mom growing up, so I had her check out the pictures in the upstairs hall.  She was very impressed, when she saw the stairs in the library, that we would have a third floor!  Otherwise, she seemed a little bored, I am sorry to say.
 Kai and Ian check out a game on Ian's Ipad in the garden house here.
... and last of all we got to sing Happy Birthday to Spencer, its kind of hard to believe that my last child is actually 24!!

No comments:

Post a Comment