Sunday, July 13, 2014

Down the Rabbit Hole

 What a week, and it kicked off with one of the busiest days I have ever had, and a Monday no less....

I got up early to clean house for the tea party.  You may recall I had set the table the day before, which left me to get the crafts ready that we were doing to decorate our tree for festival of trees, as well as the cleaning bits.  sigh ...  The ladies of We-Can joined us at 10 ... we started with a couple of hours crafting then migrated to the hottest tea party ever ..." note to self ... summer out door teas should be held under trees!"
 I loved this picture of the white queen ... 
 As soon as I had send them all back up the rabbit hole .... the Stevensons arrived for lunch and a little antiqueing.  Phil had brought Rami to town, to live with some of his distant cousins, just like Rui did with us.  We went to Cracker Barrel and then to Treasures to find some antiques to help decorate the restaurant Phil and his wife are starting, an Amercan themed, Navajo Taco restaurant.  I remember thinking I was introducing Rui to Navajo tacos at one time .... LOL .... The Japanese are crazy about American culture, so I think their restaurant will be a hit!  Emily is very jealous of our visit, and she should be!  But she can visit Rami when she comes in September.

We were supposed to take Eszie to a movie matinee later that afternoon, but she got called into work, which gave Dad and me a couple of hours to breath deeply, which we needed badly.
 That evening it was off to the Kews for our family home evening group BBQ ... which was a lot of fun, of course.
 On Tuesday morning when I got up to walk with Ginny, I saw that our next door neighbors had lost their third branch off their apricot tree in as many weeks, how convenient, a self trimming tree ...

Also on Tuesday, I ran to Salt Lake to meet Arlene for a session at the temple and lunch, and while I was still in Salt Lake, Dad got in touch to say he'd lost his transmission .... arrrggg .... and the place in Provo who has replaced it the last THREE times, said the warranty holder is insisting he go to a dealership.  Becca drove up to get him and take him to the dealer ship, after waiting 3 hours for the AAA contractor to tow his car there ... the contractor, interestingly, said they would not charge AAA for the tow ... in other words, "Don't tell AAA we didn't come for 3 hours, we don't want to loose that contract!"  AARRGG ... Later Becca took him to work, and then I junked for a couple of hours before picking him up and taking him home!

 On Wednesday, I walked with Jenny and then was off to work ...  I had checked my sales from my various booths, and the booth above had the lowest sales, so I took the time to redo it in pink... what do you think?

On Thursday, Ginny cancelled walking, so I had time to give the 'organ desk' its second coat of paint!

 Then at work, Rosemarie and I realized we were matchy matchy, so I thought I would save the moment for posterity!!  That night there was more prep for flea.o.logy, Dad's been awesome to help me for this sale as we try to make mucho boo-kos to help pay off the over runs on the roof remodel ... which has been interesting, as I am sure remodels always are.

 On Friday it was set up day for flea.o.logy ... this is Brandon, one of my favorite and most talented dealers.  I was chatting with him and his Aunt Tonya who work together under the name of "Two Pitts of a Pear" ... it occurred to me this time, that he reminds me a lot of Ben.  He also has Ben's amazing generosity and charm ... so now I am wondering if Ben has an artistic side he's never explored ...
 My friend Kelli stopped by when she saw Brandon and Tonya unpacking ... so there was more chatting ... Really, flea.o.logy is like a two day party ... I love it!
 That evening, I turned over the dealer map to Denise, a trusted dealer, so I could run off to party hardy!!  Nell came to take over the reigns, just an hour later, so I didn't worry a bit.

The party was for past dealers of Fleattitude, the indoor sale that Cathie and Jenn do in Pleasant Grove.  Cathie and Jenn are parting ways as owners of Fleattitude, with Cathie taking it to Salt Lake ... Jenn will keep the PG venue changing the name to her personal business name, 3 dotters!

These are some of the dealers who attended, all of whom I know, except the man in plum, he's a neighbor's of Cathie's and it was my first time to meet him..  The husband of the couple in the middle is a new bishop ... and he was nailed to his phone when we first got there ... he had noticed a tree down, in his ward, as they headed out of town, and was arranging to have it 'taken care of'.  By the end of the party he said, the rescue had occurred .... gotta love it! Besides, I love to hear him talk, he has some sort of British accent!

 We played that funky white elephant game where you steal prizes from each other ... thought it was funny that she chose frames ... don't you?!
 Then it was back to the late night set up ... I had made the junk sign, which sold by the way ... Nell's Mom had found the yellow and red letters and shared them with Nell ... by 3 in the morning, it all felt pretty much like crazy junk and I was exhausted.  I left Trevor to watch over the goods and hit the sack! Dad had, wisely, retired 5 hours earlier.  

 Dad got up early Saturday, as did I, of course, but he ran away from home.  Not that I can blame him, it was going to be a hectic day.  Fortunately for me, he repented and came back, after a nine mile run, and helped put up the pop up shades.  And then  the sale begins ...  My booth is above ... and to the right the most interesting find of the day, don't you think?  I guess the this gal's daughter just redid her room, and is a fabulous pianist!!
 All the usual suspects were there .... Trevor found the arm in the garage and was just sure Spencer would need it for his display ... well shut my mouth!
 The Scottish festival was being help in town that day, which is why, on Nell's suggestion, we chose the date.   Unfortunately, they printed their address on their fliers as 250 N. Main (we are 218 N. Main) and the park where the festival is held is 250 S Main ... we had a lot of confused looking men in kilts wandering around our sale ... which was fun too, of course we redirected them after a while.

Nell ran into a gal that was in her BYU ward and had a chance to visit.
 ... and later ward members, Mary and Richard Rodriguez were driving by and saw a carved rooster they had to have ... it was their first time at flea.o.logy and it was fun to chat ... Scott home teaches them, and they moved into the ward the same time we did.  They are like family, so that is fun!
 Becca and the kids came down too, I wish I had a picture of Titan's cute painted face ...

After the sale, Dad and I got all the left overs loaded into the van so I can take them into work this week.  Then we headed out for High Mexican, before coming home to crash.  I am pretty sure I was asleep by 8:30!

Then this morning, it was an easy one, with no high council for dad, and no lesson to give, for me.  In Relief Society we had a lesson on the covenant of baptism ... I thought our teacher's notes very concisely put what we receive on the left and what we do on the right.  And really the fourth one on the right is redundant, so we really only do three things in exchange for pretty much every thing we receive, best deal ever, eh?

Then after church, Emily called to face time with us, so we could get lots of kisses from Becki, and told us this funny story.  During the sacrament, Becki was being fussy, so Emily got out her phone and went to pictures on ... when Becki saw this one she said, "Knock, Knock", then started singing "Do you wanna build a snow man?"  I am still cracking up over that!!

So that was our crazy, crazy week.  Hope yours was crazy fun as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment