Monday, November 18, 2013

A Week With the Lonely Widow Woman

On Monday my husband left me and headed south... So it was a lonely week for moi. 

I had a few things on the docket that kept me busy, fortunately, as it could have been a very, very long week.

Monday morning, after walking I headed to my 'we can' group, where we wrapped packs of cards and game pads for stuffing into socks with otherbgoodies that will be sent to deployed  service people.
Here are some of the girls at lunch, which I had to pass on as I had a date with Becca and Ashley. 


I met them at the Cafe Rio in Spanish Fork, after they had visited grandpa Carlo.
That night I hosted our family home evening group ... I thought it would be fun to light up the jacks one last time to greet the group members....

On Tuesday I spent the day getting projects ready, photographed and collaged for the Reclaimologiststs instasale on Instagram the next day.
This cute little box was an old shop project and was dated 1928, so that with painting, decopaging and some distressing it was ready to go.

Then I took pictures of the box and a tall jar full of vintage ornaments and put together collages so I would be ready to post them on Instagram the next a day.

That evening dad called and asked me to run up and pick up the rent from the Orem renters.  I did some junking on the way home, not surprisingly.

On Wednesday I worked at the antique mall and listed my instagrams in the midst of a working day. 

Thursday morning while walking, I saw these fun pumpkins and had to take a picture of them too.

On Friday I puttered around the house in the morning, then headed to Lindon for a buying appointment.  The lady had traveled a lot and the goods were pretty pricy, but I did buy some bird cages, so that was fun.
 
Dad made a point of getting home early enough so that we could go to see Austenland again...fun as always.

On Saturday dad headed off to meetings for stake conference, and an interview with two members of the seventy who were here to install a new stake presidency, unfortunately our  Primary activity, where the kids were going on missions to Finland and India, was at the same time as his interview, so I got to tell the kids about Finland.  

To the right are two cute little missionaries, off to teach ...
Spencer and Brittney were investigators.

That night dad and Spencer sang in the stake choir at the adult meeting of stake conference.  We had elders Snow and Munday of the seventy.  Elder Snow is the lawyer that aunt Wendy worked for, and Elder Munday is English. Both did a great job, but elder Munday was so funny, and so British that he made me want to be a groupie. 


On Sunday Brittney and I went early and got seats up front.  Of course our boys sang in the choir again.

Our new Presidency is President Simmons who is the principal of the Salem High School seminary. The second couselor is the guy that has the tire place in town that dad uses, and the second counselor is the just released bishop of the singles ward that meets across the street from us.  I didn't know any of them, but dad knows them all.

When we got home in the afternoon I redid my dining room mantel so I could take pics and blog about it for Monday. 

So that was our week, and I was so glad to have dad back from points south, I really dislike it when he's gone, but being raised by a widowed mother, I am always sure to thank Heavenly Father that he is still here playing the grandpa to my grandma.  

No comments:

Post a Comment