Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Perfect Week With Prince Charming at Home!


... and another week begins. On Monday dad was off to work locally, of which I totally approve.

I got to meet the girls for lunch in American Fork at the Olive Garden for Briahnna's baby shower.   Darby put it together and Becca, who had been visiting grandpa Carlo, decided to bring him along.


Bri  seemed pretty happy with the cute things for her baby who will be born later this month.  

That night dad and I made dinner and ate in our room while we watched the last regular Downtown Abbey episode ... Good times ... (Btw, I purposely misspelled downtown abbey so no one will pick it up off google and read our blog ... :-). 


On Tuesday I played with setting a thanksgiving dinner table to enter a FB page contest.  I later used the pics for  a blog post.  


I worked on Wednesday and Thursday.  After work on Wednesday I made this flea bits sign for my booth of small crafting stuff, part of which is shown above.   

On Thursday dad surprised me by coming by with lunch. As he was leaving my coworker Richard calls after him and say "you are making the rest of us look bad, you know!"  So true.

 Then after work on Thursday I headed off to the ward book club with my friend Ginny. Emily had  read the book, The Book Thief, and I knew she had an opinion about it, so we called her in Texas and She told us what she thought, that was pretty fun. 
Dad took the day off on Friday so that we could get the garage in shape for the winter, when we don't want to park in the driveway.  In the early afternoon I ran up to PG to pick up Trevor and Nell's children as Nell was headed to Arizona for a family visit.  


The girls got in some art time before we headed to Spanish where we saw Dispicable Me at the dollar movies.

When we got back Eva said she didn't want to sleep in the library because that portrait of her grandpa in the library was like the ones in the haunted mansion at Disneyland, and she would worry about it changing like they do. Mi ended up taking it off the wall and turning it around. Funny girl.

Saturday morning dad made the kids waffles and then took them to BYU where they met up with Trevor and they all watched the game with Idaho State.

I, mean while, met my friend Wendy at the fleattitude sale in Pleasant Grove.  Above Amy, one of our former flea.o.logy dealers shows off a cool arrow she found.

Two Pitts of a Pear's Brandon made this awesome reinvented conservatory, which I loved.

Brandon also made this super cool 'mantel'.  Wendy and I spent a couple of hours at the sale before heading to a craft retreat we had signed up for.

It was hosted by Marci who does the Fallow Field Farm sale in the fall. This is the first time I have attended one of her craft retreats.

Here we are inside the building at Lindon park... The collected goodies to the right are the raw materials for the Christmas advent calendar I made.
This is the nice Texan I met with the advent she made.

Here are some of the new ladies I met.  I also ran into a gal named Becky who lives in our ward in Orem... I recognized her face and she recognized my name ... So funny. She lived just west of Barb's old house, but moved there just a year before we moved to Payson, so after Barb Moved.  She wasn't active when we lived there but has an autistic son who decided he wanted to go to church every week, and she didn't like him going alone.

Long story short, she was just released as Young Women's President, and was in during the time Kim was going to Young Women's and went to camp.  She said Kim is adorable, and I had to agree.

After the retreat I met dad at the Hale Theater and we saw a play called 'The Heights' which we both liked .

On Sunday we went to church, and then dad came home early from his second set of meetings so we could go and see grandpa, who was positively grumpy!!

It was fun to have Spencer and Brittney along.

When we got home I put together my gratitude stand that I had made at the craft event so that I could blog about it that night. 


Here are the other pages I got done.

Then dad and I put together dinner, and the Kews and downstairs Perkins joined us, which was lovely. Brittney said it was fun to get to know the Kews better.

So that does it for our week.  It was so nice to have dad around.

No comments:

Post a Comment