Sunday, July 30, 2023

Our Week by the Numbers


So, our blog approach this week is looking at the numbers ... starting with the fact that our trek for this week was cancelled, leaving us with 0 treks.  In other words, there was no time spent at Mosida this week. 


We did have a chance to celebrate as 1 member of our family who won the Teacher of the Year award for region 10 in Texas.




Going Kayaking with Dad on Tuesday and Ann on Friday made for 2 Kayaking trips for me, and a lot of fun.  Ann and I pick up garbage when we're on the pond, and this is a beach ball she found out floating. 

My friend Craig from work (and also Hannah's folks' neighbor) went fishing on Hobblecreek and brought 3 fish he had caught into the antique mall to share.

Here are two smaller ones, I was amazed by the polka dots, especially the red polka dots. 

Dad ate the two big ones ...  I cooked them just the way Craig suggested, and Dad said they were better tasting than any he remembered.

Dad went running 4 times this week, as usual.  On Saturday he runs past the Payson Temple.  (He also did his shift at the temple on Thursday.)


We're sure you'll be thrilled to know that we fit in 5 episodes of Midsomer Murders, which we are enjoying.  They are like Agatha Christie novels, which focus more on figuring out who done it, than about the evil of the murders themselves.

On Thursday after work I hosted book club ...

And there were 6 of us who could attend.  We talked about Sir Walter Scott, as the book was about his romance with his wife.  He's such an interesting man.  I volunteered to host because what a perfect excuse for a tea party, with Scottish scones and Scottish shortbread. 

We all had a blast.


I managed to go to 7 garage sales this week.  In fact, the one above is at the Hale Center Theater that I went to twice.  So perfectly colorful. 

The others were all around Payson.  I thought this one was kind of funny.

There were huge four by four-foot square boxes, and as you see, one couldn't reach the bottom without someone doing an inside job.


There were at least 8 connections with art this week ... starting with the first piece here, which is by Kristen Tye, I noticed it at Trevor's in the living room.  She is the gal who is the niece of the Lehtinen's who are now the mission leaders Finland. Ulla gave me her name and when I checked out her work, I loved it ... see picture 5 for the one I would like to own. I had no idea that Trevor and Nell had purchased her work a few years ago. 

Number two is the turkey plate I found this week for a friend who is buying for her turkey collecting friend.  Number 3 is an artist I like.  I found a children's book with her illustrations this week.

4 is a bunny I screen shotted because I want to paint him.  The wall collection in number 6 shows the unframed sketch, by an artist Trevor and Nell like that we gave them, and how great it looks framed, and in this collection of the artists art. It's on the far right.

The elf is another screen shot I hope to use in making handmade cards to sell at the mall. 

And the last is a picture of Penny with her first quilt.  Her mom bound it and she did the rest.  What an adorable little artist.

You can tell by our 8 snippet that we spent some time at Trevor's and in case you are curious it was to put together this hanging garage storage rack.

I think they had a lot of fun.


This is the 9 pictures Ashley posted of her garden.  Pretty amazing and beautiful.  Well Done!!



There were 10 trips to thrift stores and antique stores for me this week.  Working three days at two stores, covers these two shots.  The first is of a display of jewelry I put into Treasures, the second is of me with my friend Joanne Bettos who lives just up second north from me ... who came into The Grove during the one day I work there each month. At the time of this picture, I was trying to see if these mother-of-pearl antique readers would work for me ... They worked well, but after seeing this picture I scratched the idea, you'll be happy to know.

We also got to attend 2 Finnish missionary wedding receptions.  Between the two weddings we were able to see 11 different missionaries, who served in Finland with us. This is Jackson Howe who we served with on our first mission.

The groom is Aaron Paige and his wife Samm Griffith.

At Spencer Woolley's reception we ran into McKenna Terry, James Phelps, Bryatt Stoker, Alyssa Plant, and Max Fennimore.

Here we are with Spencer and his Bride, Samantha Elton.

Harlan Stevens and his bride of a year, Elena. 

Additional missionaries are Anna Petersen in the black and Adam Sellers in the blue shirt. 

Last of all meet the Prop Master for the current popular show about 12 apostles and, well, it's called The Chosen.  The three black items on the left are Swedish Bank Stamps from the 1800s that I found at a flea market in Helsinki.  He's using them for details on a desk in an upcoming episode he's filming.  

He also bought this Bauer Arts and Crafts ringware ewer from me.  It's from the 40's, but has the copper details, as well as having leather wrapping the handle which is kind of biblical looking.  He said every house has a washing station for washing feet near the front door.  I thought that was totally cool, because I get it. 

So, to add a few details to our week, here are Jeff and Robin as we stopped by to drop off something at almost 10 Saturday night ... after the wedding receptions.  Always so fun, and we got to visit with Matt a bit just as he moves to Alaska to live in a dry cabin. 

I also wanted to include a few more pictures of Barbie Movie visitors ... like Becca

and her girls.

As well as fellow crafter Trina, far right, who bought matching t-shirts for her girlfriends when they saw the movie. 

But my favorite is our Ian, second from the left as he and his friends, dressed for the big event, head to the movie after a stop at In and Out Burger, because girls are not the only ones who appreciate Barbie, evidently.
And Dad wanted you all to know that the water heater is due to be replaced as he works on our sauna room...

and that he got the east wall framing started on our Carriage house cum gathering room. 

And last of all a fun picture I found of Minerva Teichert. 

We just hope you all had a number of fun experiences this week, making memories. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment