Sunday, April 3, 2022

Seeing Double

Monday started with a couple of ministering visits including lunch with the McCauleys.

Our waitress looked so much like Kim that even she was surprised when I showed her the pic on the left.

The antique newspaper reworked the ad I'd made, and I sent it out that day day to our dealers and posted in on social media.

My friend Wendy listed a couple of things on line I liked so I ran up to Lehi to pick them up and got a free concert thrown in.  Her husband is so talented.

Dad worked on the ceiling in the library on Tuesday and we met up with the Crumps for dinner.

On Wednesday we went out to Mosida for a make up training session, and when we got home Dad installed the library light fixture.

On Thursday, I sorted through the buttons I had bought from Wendy, and found ten unusual pearl buttons. It was a great deal for me.

Then one of our dealers, who I had not met, brought in a sailboat for his booth, and I thought it was Steve Kew.

See what I mean?

Zach came to stay for the weekend on Friday.  Dad was busy replacing the bent top rail of the fence on Main Street.  We looked it up and the huge branch fell on it in 2018.

I was impressed when he used a cargo tie down with a ratchet to bring the chain link back up to the new rail.

Yep, there's the old rail.

That night we went to an art show in Provo that was a benefit for Ukraine.

We happily ran into Elder Tyler Hooper, and his brand new fiance, Kadee Allred, at the show.

The painting over Colby Sanford's back, we thought looked like Trevor and Penny.  He's done commissions for them, so we asked.  Turns out it was a self portrait of him and his daughter.

Here's Dad with the portrait of his daughter that we bought.

Pretty precious.

Then we bought a painting from Brian Kershisnik.

Its very whimsical ... the artist being eaten by a monster.  I always love repeating themes.  And how great that all the money went to war refugees.  The Kews came along and bought a couple of things too.  I am not sure that Zach really has an inner artist, but he was sure a good sport.  We ate at La Dolce Vita.

On the way back, when Zach's face was kind of side lit, and he is so big now, and sounds like Ian, it felt like Ian was sitting next to me.

On Saturday Dad had wild hair, and I thought it would be fun to save it for posterity.

Our neighbor, far right, came over to talk about a project he's doing next to our fence.  He brought his friend to translate, and the friend, John Bird, turns out to be fairly closely related to Dad through Perry and Warren lines in Mapleton. 



Then we decided to go to Cubby's in Spanish where Ian used to work.  

While watching afternoon conference, I put together my spring basket for exchange at my art group luncheon on Monday.

Here's the Back.
We watched the rest of conference today, and got to visit with Ashley when she came to pick up Zach.  She and Andy had a fun weekend at a disc-golf tournament in Ogden.  It was great to catch up.

We hope many of you enjoyed conference.  I thought the first session was amazing, but was feeling crummy and achy today.  Thankfully I can rewatch them.  It was cool to find out that with the 17 temples announced today, President Nelson has announced 100 new temples since being called prophet. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment