Sunday, January 2, 2022

Wintersporting and Movies too.


On Monday Ann and I enjoyed what would be our only exercise outing for the week.

With two day old snow we figured the trails up the canyon would be groomed.  Not so, but there was a single track on the trail, so we followed that.

and here I am with all my Finland acquired bundle-up wear.

And as if there was not enough ice already, I got to eat my first ice from the pebble ice maker ...

and enjoyed it.  Besides getting the icemaker going, Dad also cut a hole in the base of the cabinet which now houses the microwave, to accommodate the chord.  It was a pretty low key day, with an episode of  Fixer-Upper, and a Hallmark Christmas movie  to finish off the day.

Tuesday morning we met with Barb and Randy for breakfast as we started off her birthday celebration, with movies from one end to the other.

Somehow 60 looks younger and younger, don't you think?

We started with Westside Story,

Then Ghost Busters and A Journal for Jordan
Then we met with some of the group at Five Guys, who do not have a Veg Burger, but has a veggie sandwich, which I actually liked a lot.


Last of all we saw American Underdog, which was probably my favorite of the day.

I headed to work the next day, while Dad did errands of all kinds.  He took the funeral potatoes I had made to the funeral, and he took the ministering gifts, I had made, to my ladies, isn't he the best? 

Trevor and Nell and the younger girls stopped by the store to exchange the van for their truck.  They showed us some pictures from the humanitarian Christmas trip to Mexico and told some stories.   Someone bought some California Raisins just about then, and Trevor asked if one had a surfboard.  He loved California Raisins when he was in elementary school, and I even took him out of school to go see them perform in SLC once.  For his birthday one year he had one with a surfboard on his birthday cake.  He said he remembers Ben stabbing him with the little surfboard California Raisin.  Ah yes, the fond memories. 

Dad had loaded their Christmas basket into the truck, so they got to go through it there at the mall.  That was fun too.

Dad came back after work and picked me up to go to a wedding reception in SLC.  This cute bride and groom, both Returned Finnish Missionaries, supplant the two on right as the newest of our newly weds.  

Here are the majority of the missionaries who attended.  

Then the Smiths came.

It really was a beautiful wedding. 

We went with the Smiths to the Olive Garden afterward to catch up!

I thought this picture that Ashley used to promote some ladies disc golf leagues she is promoting, was adorable.

At work again on Thursday, I brought in my snow man collection.  I haven't displayed them for 6 or 7 years, so I thought it was time to kiss them goodbye.  I did save out my favorite, but I thought they'd make a great January display.

Jeff and Robin traveled down into New Mexico, and planned this photo of Jeff as Qui-gon, before Jeff gives up his scruffy Covid beard.  I love it.  These are white sands, so cool.

Dad picked me up at 4, and we headed to Idaho for our Holiday visit with Britt's family. The weather was frightful, with one snowy mountain pass that kept our speed around 40, and another that was socked in with fog, and where  Dad counted a dozen slide offs between the emergency vehicles and flairs.  We made the trip that is usually 6 hours in under 7 so that was good.

The next morning Dad and I went junking for several hours, and I had great success.

Tom and Edi were there as well and Tom picked out Flower Drum Song, a Rogers and Hammerstein musical for our viewing pleasure that evening. 

I'm not sure I ever knew what musical the song "I feel pretty, oh so pretty ...." was from.  It was super cool because Tom and Edi knew a lot of the back story of the production. Jack Soo, who played the club owner in the movie and also played a detective in the TV detective show Barney Miller was a friend  Edi's father, who knew Jack in California, before they were both sent to the Topaz Japanese internment camp in Utah during World War II. 

Here they are watching the show.

Britt started to put out the spread for New Years.

Including this amazing Sushi Charcuterie board, or should I say Sushcuterie board.



Toasting at Midnight.


I loved this picture of a new years celebration that Sister Kervinen posted.

Happy New Years

Here we are, last thing, snuggling Missy before heading to bed.
On Saturday morning, they all got bundled up.

and ready to go skiing and snowboarding.

Here they are all ready to go.




This is Charlie having a ski lesson.


They had a great day snow boarding and skiing at Bogus Basin.
Afterwards we got Kai to go out for Mexican 

We watched the final few minutes of the Utah games.  These pics are of cousins and an Uncle who were at the game. The upper right pic is of Uncle Ross with the director of the parade.  Whoa.
Today we went to church and just took it easy.  Dad posted this collage for our 47th anniversary.

He also posted these shoes that have now been replaced, as he ran 800 miles this year.


And he wanted to share his top 9 from Insta-gram.

and while we are here in Utah and Idaho enjoying winter sports and plenty of snow, the Talleys in Texas were walking barefoot in a water feature at the zoo this week. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment