Sunday, October 17, 2021

Builder Bob's Grands Build Houses too!

Well, all of the leaves have now turned and will soon be gone, at least those on the house and fences.  We're still waiting on the poplars to change, however.

I actually worked on Monday as a trade for a day we will be in Texas.
Monday was also the first day Builder Bob headed up to work at Darby's.  He pushed himself all week hoping to get it mostly done for the family dinner at her house today, so he can show off his handy work.

He kept busy working there 4 days in all this week.  He hung doors and installed hardware.

He finished the flooring.

He added the handles to the cabinets and doors.


He hung the doors on the laundry closet.

He brought in the vanity Darby bought last week on KSL Classifieds.



On Tuesday I went to lunch with my friend Aubrey at Cafe Rio, a favorite of hers as well.

Then I went to Bountiful to pick up a small display cupboard that I am using at the store.  While I was out, I got a text inviting Dad and me to join in for Lu's birthday dinner, so I called Dad and we decided to meet there from our respective locations.

How cute is our 11 year old as she gets ready to head out to dinner.

Dad and I are at the far end of the table, her Grow grandparents came as well, as did Tami's 90 something year old mother, so Lu's great grandmother.  Grandma George is the youngest 90 something person I know. 

On Wednesday morning, I got up super early, so I could walk with my friend Carolyn, who had been in quarantine for two weeks.  She had been working for several days on their rental duplex with her son, when he came down with covid.  They quarantined for two weeks, and did not get it.  That seems like a miracle to me, as she has two auto immune diseases and they are both in their 70's  Yeah vaccines.

She and I did our walk around Walmart so I could get the food for the Halloween Party I would be throwing for my Grand Littles ... I had made the witches' fingers from green roll dought before heading out to walk.

I worked a half day and I got off early and headed home to finish up the food ... before long I had some spooky guests arrive.

All lovely of course.  Adi is the one in the spider costume above, which she had to take off to eat and decorate her gingerbread haunted house.

Nenna casts a spell on Mr. Skinny Bones.

The table is all set for a spooky dinner.

The menu is set.

Miniature spider cheese balls,

Frankenstein Franks

Spaghetti and Eyeballs ...


Our favorite spooks and goblins.

Then it was time for the grands to build and decorate Gingerbread haunted houses.

This builder is taking his work very seriously.

Working Hard.
I was surprised just how talented my grands are.

I love the candy corn crest on the roof.

Eva the artist at work.

Boy did Mac get his spider mitts sticky.

A puppy hard at work.
I love the look in her eyes.
Good work Adi.
Having fun.

 and all well done.

 
I had a deja vu moment on Thursday morning when I walked into the DI in Springville and found these two pitchers, which I also bought there about 6 months ago, and sold at Treasures about six weeks later.  Now I am selling them again. Yep, its the ultimate recycling.


On Friday I went into the mall and switched out the metal table and chairs I had there,and brought in the small cupboard I had picked up in Bountiful on Tuesday.


I missed hiking with Ann this week, because she has been at her son's destination wedding.

On Saturday I picked the rest of the tomatoes, and then I made baked Green Tomatoes.

I put together a center piece using my cute nail sorter.


That night we got together with the Kews and went to the Adult meeting of our Stake Conference.  Then we headed out to Cafe Rio for dinner.

Today we went to the general session of our stake conference.  It was amazing.  We had an area authority from Brazil who was hilarious.  Dad said I just loved his talk because he spoke on Moroni 7.  Yep, he had me there.

Then this evening we headed north, picking up Aunt Cheryl before landing at Darby's house for family dinner.

Here we see everyone singing happy birthday to Sam on a Marco Polo.

Becca and Nell in the kitchen getting ready for the soup bar dinner.


I got to sit by this cutie.

and this is the cool kids table outside ... how fun is that!?  It always makes me laugh when Madi winks when I am taking group shots and I don't realize it until later.

Darby made an amazing Tiramisu ... yum.

We always love seeing our kids.

Then it was time to head out ... Trevor went around hugging and kissing everyone goodbye. 

Oh how we love all these amazing people.



























 

No comments:

Post a Comment