Sunday, August 22, 2021

The Week that Started Slowly


It was definitely back to school week for our grandchildren this week.  Davin and Bri's kids started last week.  We assume that Zach went back this week as well, but since there wasn't a post ... you know, like a tree falling in the forest.
Britt's family drove Kai up to college at the University of Idaho this week in Moscow.  Here are some pictures of the event.

Trevor and Nell's girls.

Emily and Sam's kids.

Becca and Brady's kids too.

Meanwhile, my garden house continues to go back to nature.

With more vines creeping in to get out of the sun, I assume.

Its really rather pretty.


And speaking of pretty we continue to get kids coming in dressed in the style of former decades at the antique mall.  These two represented the 50's nicely, I thought.

Another customer told us about how she had been set up by her husband.  He purchased a 1200 dollar pyrex experimental dish.  Its super sized and there are only 12 known to exist.  He bought it for his wife, then got one of our dealers to put it in the store in a display case, took her shopping for her birthday and waited for her to find it and drool and wish over it.  Then she asked to have the case opened and when she handled it and turned it over, it had a note saying it was her gift from him.  

Here's the whisky barrel wine rack I bought to use to display rolling pins.  When I got home I realized it was broken, and Dad fixed it for me.  

Here's my Halloween display.  I've been saving items for 3 months, and was surprised to see how little I had.  I made up the small 'poison' bottle Wednesday night.

On Friday our fun filled weekend began. It started with a hike in Spanish Fork canyon for me,with Ann.  Dad of course ran his regular route.  Then I dropped Dad off to work at Darby's for his second day this week, while I met my sister Joyce at my favorite DI for some junking.  After that we went to an early lunch at the Paradise Buffet on State Street.  I ate mainly sushi and salad.

Because I was meeting Arlene for a late lunch at Zupas.  It was our first lunch date since our mission, so its been way too long.

Dad finished up another couple of windows to go with the one he had installed on Wednesday.

Then we headed to Vineyard for Becca's Real Estate Business Anniversary.  Which was a lot of fun.

We got to visit with some of our favorite people, the Browns and the Moes, including little Emry, who reminds me a bit of my brother Emory.

We just loved meeting three of Hannah's friend Scott's kids.

Such cute cookies don't you think?

My niece Sarah and her look alike friend. Actually when I met her, she was wearing sun glasses and look much more like Sarah, then she does with her glasses off.

The kids got glitter tattoos, and I liked that all Becca's kids got branded with her logo.


And this is the story of the prize drawings.  We got four tickets, we each got one for each of the houses Becca has sold for us.  We put in one for the grand prize, money for airfare and a weeks stay at their airbnb in Florida and a few others, including one for a DNA kit, which I hoped to win because at lunch last Sunday Doug said he'd only do a DNA test if it was free.  I figured if I won it, it would be free.  The picture above is of all the tickets people put in for the DNA test.  Perfect!!

We finished up our crazy day at Elder Roylance's wedding reception in Lehi.

Here are the missionaries (and one boy friend far right) who were still there when we arrived at the end. (Izzy Zentner, Keeley Watts, Olivia Pluim and Eli Walton.) As always it was good to visit and catch up.

On Saturday these cuties came to hang out, while their parents had a get away.

I was cleaning and clearing the back patio and both Nenna and Elias picked black berries, some of which we put into cookies and muffins that we all made for our picnic lunch.

Dad caught me playing when I was supposed to be sweeping up leaves ... hahaha

When the cleanup was done, and Dad had repaired the long neglected grill, we took our lunch on a hike up to the grotto falls in Payson Canyon.

Nenna was so friendly, she's such a dog lover.


Not a lot of water running in the creek though, but it was still pretty.



lunch time.

Of course we had to stop and have a selfie with Smokey.



How do you like to go up in a swing
Up in the air so blue.
Oh I do think its the pleasantest thing,
That ever a child can do.

They let me read them all three stanzas of the Robert Louis Stevenson poem. Best kids ever!!

Then we were off to Robin's birthday party in American Fork at her mom's club house and pool.  It was fun to have them to hang out with their 2nd cousin once removed, Eric Moe, and their 3rd Cousin Lilly Heuer. 
It was so romantic when Jeff sang Robin a song he had written about how grateful he was that they had chosen each other, as they celebrated her 60th birthday.

Aunt Lori, the youngest sibling of the sisters who respectively became grandmothers to the Heuer, (Luceil) Moe (Velta) and this Perkins (Loah) clans, takes pictures of the kids, presumably to share with her sister Loah.

I liked this picture of Robin and Jeff's shared moment, better that her puffy cheek, blowing out candles picture.  We had a lovely time with our Heuer connections. 

This morning, after the kids headed home, we had our breakfast on the balcony for our second time this week.

And I thought this picture of Robin's granddaughter Lucie, whose birthday was today, was a keeper.  I asked her mom Tami, for an explanation.  It turns out that she asked her sisters to tape her to the wall.  I love it.

Today was Rolle's last time to attend our church.  Since we are back to masks, it was fun to get a picture them together in their Finland masks, even better as we walked into the chapel, the organist was playing Finlandia ... (Be Still My Soul)  we thought it was a great send off for Rolle.

At church we got a new bishop.  Dad had called it perfectly.  He said it would be either the first counselor or the high councilman from our ward. Turned out it was the first counselor, and the High Coucilman replaced him as first counselor.  Good job Dad. We shall miss our wonderful Bishop Bridenbough. 

After church we set up for the barbecue, using our potting bench as a buffet, as we were hosting our first family dinner since being home.

I used my barrel stave charcuterie board for the burger and hot dog accouterments. 

Below are pictures from our get together.






                                                All the grandkids wanted to sit by Hannah
We talked Rolle into joining us.



Behind Brittney you can see Dad and his sister Cheryl, who he went and picked up and then took home later.

Davin and Bri brought a fun bean bag toss game to share.


I love that some of the middle kids used the garden house to gather and chat.


Becca was babysitting her kids toys, when she got a real baby to watch too.

Check out the look on Van's face ... 'girls, girls, girls?'/ Maybe? Thanks for the great photo Nell.

We had a great week, and though it started slowly, it definitely finished up with a bang. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment