Sunday, March 17, 2019

Family, Ancestors and Temple Work



What a wonderful picture.  Having just been at the Vatican, and hearing stories about the generosity and humility of the current Pope, its not surprising that he is the first Pope to meet with the President of the LDS church. Its nice to feel a part of this historic moment.  That started off my week on a high note, and it didn't seem to come down from there.

 Dad and I headed north, stopping in Provo because he had an appointment with his eye doctor, so I dropped him off.  Then I headed off to my favorite place and ran into my friend Joanne.  Small world.

We spent the day in Salt Lake and Dad worked on flooring at Spencer and Brit's .

The electricians came, including one named Perkins.  Then I was off to do more junking.

When I got back, look who came to help.
And he brought some cousins along for Van.

 Spencer was off for the day, and got a lot done.
 Cousins
What a great idea for a service FHE!

On Tuesday Dad went back, and got a lot more flooring down, while Spencer and Brit were off to work.
The condo is really shaping up, I can't wait to see it whole piece.  I know it'll be amazing.

I went to my friend Kim's for our art group that day.  Jan is doing well, recovering from her brain surgery, and we're all so grateful that she's back to normal.

Everyone always brings gifties, and here's my loot for the day.

Here's our Shirley.

 Kimi
and Ann, its our first meeting in 6 months, and it felt good to get back at it.

It was fun to check out Kim's latest décor.


I love this sign, on a shabby decorated chest of drawers.  It was the sweet spot for me.

 This is my ward Family History consultant, Ingrid Moyar, who came over to help me get back into family history work.
It was fun to check out the new interpretation of my DNA … I'm more Scandinavian than ever, about 65%! No wonder I ended up with that lovely Scandinavian disease, PMR, which I'm sharing with my brother Doug and my sister Julie … you may all want to check out just how much Scandinavian you are.

On Wednesday I was off to a day of work.  Dad went to lunch with Trevor, and we got this picture of Becca's Garagemahal, with its new trusses in place. Dad went to Barbershop that night.


 On Thursday morning, I made up notes for the mini pies I'd bought at Walmart, and took them around to my ministering ladies.  Dad took his mini pies to his Ministering ladies, after he got out of the temple.
Becca brought me a 'customer appreciation' pie at Treasures, and my friend Keith sampled it for me.  I had two pieces when I got home, Yum.

 I enlarged the motif of the Transferware display, by gathering all my transferware platters and displaying them on top.  

After Dad and I shared some pie that night we parted ways. He headed to the ward's Pie Night.  Here he is with the Kews and our friend Brent Johns.

I went over to Cheryl's house.  She's our YW President and we put together these Temple albums, adding the pictures of the first two temples they have visited in their quest to visit all the Utah temples this year.

We gathered at 5:00 A.M., the next day, and I gave a devotional thought telling Elder Ballard's family story about the mystery of the 3 day old Newspaper from England that was delivered to his great grandfather, who was then able to work for something like 60 family names in the newly dedicated Logan temple.


Here are Dad and I at the Logan Temple.

Here's the whole gang.



The Brigham City temple.

 Some of our girls out in front of the Brigham City Temple.

This is our entire group in front of the Brigham City tabernacle which is across the street from the temple.








Here are Dad and I at the Bountiful Temple.


We drove more than half the girls, which is always fun. 





On Saturday Dad hung the tooth brush holder I got a few weeks back, because I was tired of the tooth paste marks on my glass shelf.  Isn't it perfect?
Emily sent me this picture of her girls with the fairy tale book I gave them … its Bekie's favorite, I guess she's a fairy tale girl like her momma and Mimi.

On Saturday Dad went to help Darby get rid of some trees, while I stayed home and finished my 1,000 page book.  Yeah, that's why I try to stay away from the long ones.  It took a month!!

When he got home we went shopping and listened to Harry Potter, then jumped Ben's car in Springville and took it to Joel for a once-over while Hannah decides its fate.  What a great date.

Davin and Bri had a more exciting date, they celebrated the 12th anniversary of meeting, by going to a rock show!!  Looks like fun.  They saw old fossils, we are old fossils.
Congrats Young Lovers!!


… and look who went skiing for the first time … she had a lesson, and her brothers came along to share the fun.  Britt was not ready to get back on skis after her concussion, but had fun watching her boys and her ski bunny in action.

Today I snagged this picture of my Aunt LaRee and her second husband.  He only lived two years after they were married, dying of turberculosis, leaving his son, Eyrling, his name sake, who is the father of my first cousin once removed, Beki, who lives in California.  LaRee looks so much like my mother.

We had church as always, and did our Come Follow Me study afterwards.  Then Dad was off to a stake choir practice.  When he got home we watched the first of 50 something installments of a TV series about the Joseph Smith Papers.  Its pretty interesting.

So that was our week.  We hope yours was lovely as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment