Monday, May 28, 2018

Having a 'Grand' Time in Utah and Texas.



This past week started with a pair of red chairs.  Dad said we should have picked them up last week as they went so well with the two theme, but alas ...

We drove to Salt Lake to pick them up and stopped at DI to look for a metal shelf that I could use in the yard at Treasures, which we actually found.  Dad managed to fit in the two chairs, in big boxes,  a round metal patio table and the 6 foot tall shelf.  He's so good.  When we got home Dad hauled them up to the garret on his own, which was an adventure in itself.  

As soon as they were in place he sat down and promptly fell asleep,  it was hard work.

 That night we met up with Becca and Brady et al at Mi Ranchito in American Fork.  


On Tuesday morning I left Dad behind doing yard work, while I headed to the point of the mountain to meet my crafting group at Kim's house.

This is Jan heading the craft table ... I sat opposite her at the end.
This is the whole group.





This is my patriotic decorative piece that I made that day.   Jann brought Bluebelle Icecream Cartons for our bases, that she bought while vacationing in Texas last year,
 Here are all the projects made by each of the members of the group.

When I got home Dad had cleaned out the other two grow boxes, yeah him.


I worked on Wednesday, and then when I got off work Dad picked me up and we headed to the Pizza Pie Café in Orem to help J. Scott's family celebrate his great grades for his final term of the year.







We all had a great time ....

When we got home, we got busy turning on outside lights so that we could get our two last grow boxes planted.  Dad planted squashes, cilantro, swiss chard and cucumbers.  I filled my box with cutting flower seeds like Giant Zinnias, and Astors, and Bachelor Buttons.  Then I put in two kinds of marigolds plantsaround the edge.

Inside I washed up the tea set I'd brought home from work.  I'd intended to make the crumpets and English Scone, but was just too tired.

The next morning I made up the blueberry scones, and the crumpets, and set the table with the tea set, and  other tea accoutrements. 

At work we had this beautiful organ come into the mall, and Richard was able to pump it and play it all while standing. It was pretty impressive.




This is the beautiful tea set that I've had for sale at the mall for four years.



Here are the ladies of the club...
On the left is Stephanie, whose been serving as an activity days leader and has therefore been missing book club, for years ... so fun.

I cleaned up after the tea party, and put the tea set in the dishwasher to be washed and packed up the the next day for its immigration to Texas.  Dad had gone to Krista and Josh's gender reveal party in Lehi.  Dad had just met Josh's grandfather that day as he worked a substitute shift at the temple.  That was fun for Dad of course ... BTW the baby is a girl.

On Friday we packed up and headed out.  We drove all of Friday and slept in Albuquerque, before driving all day Saturday and arriving in Pottsborro Texas around 6:30. 
 This girl and her siblings greeted us with much excitement and many hugs.
 Here's a little tomfoolery as we got ready for church the next day.

William is our master builder, as you see.


At church Emily played the organ, as she does every other week, so we sat with Sam and the kids.  Then I went with her to Primary where she has just started as the chorister.  She was very fun to watch.



After church the kids combined effort to give Grandpa a world class mauling.

 Then there was popcorn and a movie ... family style.
Then we went outside and watched the trains go by while playing some new trivia game on line that Emily and Sam have been playing.  They first became aware of it when Sam had to negotiate with students who wanted to play it during school.  I guess school teachers end up being hipsters, by association. (Emily is hoping to bring the whole family on board to play for the reunioin.)

A little later we got a call from Becca asking for the location of grandma and grandpa Perkins graves.  She later sent this picture. 

Lasts of all I looked out the back door at twilight, and saw dozens of fireflies.  Emily said it was their first for the summer season, how cool is that? Happy Memorial day weekend to all. 

1 comment:

  1. That was so great of Scott to come to the gender reveal! You guys are the best! How fun that you are in Texas visiting your "away" kids while I am in Ohio with mine! Love the ties on Sunday morning! Can't believe Scott hauled those chairs up by himself! I love fireflies! fun to see Emily's kids!

    ReplyDelete