Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day Fun


 Monday was spent in Idaho helping Britt with her set up for teacher appreciation week.  We also had some one on one with Miss Charlie after all her cousins went home.  She loves Peppa, and I read her several Peppa stories.
 We also got to hear Alex's presentation on the Constitutional amendments. He did a great job.

Then we headed home, leaving about 8 and getting home at 2:00 A.M.
 Dad then got up at 6:00 A.M. and headed over to Spanish Fork to help process meat at the Church's Meat packing plant.  He got home at 9:00 A.M. and did some of this.  Then he went to an appointment with the Payson Temple President to set up a time for his temple shift on Thursdays.

In the afternoon we did some cleanup and grocery shopping, before making curry for dinner and heading to our Finnish Class in Provo.


 On Wednesday I went walking with Ginny for the second time, then walked around my yard when I got home and pulled a few weeds.  I love how this birdhouse looks surrounded by the wild rose, but the wild rose is coming out.
 I worked Wednesday and took a picture of the cupboard I have for sale there, to show you how similar it is to the one we saw last week.


Meanwhile Dad unloaded the chairs we brought back from Idaho and tucked them all in one and bit of a second of the cubbies in the garage.
 Sister Shurtz sent us pictures of the food prep the office did for the Zone Conference.  It made us a bit 'home sick' to see the fun we are missing. We love these faces!
I worked again on Thursday and got my outside booth cleaned up.  I worked so hard on it that my iPhone health program read it as going up 5 flights of stairs.  I thought that was pretty funny. 


And Dad, not to be bested, cleared the most overgrown of our grow boxes, because everyone knows you can plant your garden after Mother's day.

He also did his first shift at the temple.
Friday was divide and conquer day.  Dad went to baby sit for Becca and Brady, while I went to babysit for Trevor and Nell.

 Dad came by after Reagan's dance class because it was pretty close.  Reagan had fun playing with Penny, and was cute and patiently big-sisterish.  I loved watching them.  Meanwhile Maddy was dead asleep on the couch.  We could not get her awake, she had no fever, she was just sleepy.
Mac was happy, but when he got hungry Dad took all the kids home.

Then Davin and Bri came by and brought me Mother's day gifts, and the kids got to hang out for a minute or two.  Penny loved it. 


Back at Becca's Dad had some serious sleepers on his hands.  Maddy continued to sleep until her Dad woke up from his day's sleep (He's on night shift at the moment.)  I'm glad she wasn't sick, Becca said she was back to normal the next day.
When Dad was done with the Summer's kids, he joined me and we enjoyed a great dinner made by Eva.  She made cheese biscuits and breakfast burritos.

Since I didn't get a picture of Penny to go with what she said at dinner that night, Trevor just sent me this one he took tonight (Sunday) of her showing him her owie.


So at dinner that night, Eleanor says speaking of some previous day, "Penny bit me on my stomach.  She bit me right on my belly button."  then Penny turns to grandpa and me and says, "Sometimes people make mistakes."  It took all I had not to laugh at this perfectly true and timely comment.  What a cutie pie.






 Then on Saturday we got the kids all packed up and headed to their grandparents house.  Eva was camera shy at the moment, but I love this stair step picture of these cute kids with the luggage at their Nanna's.
On our way back to get the second car we drove by this amazing arbor full of wisteria.  I thought I'd put it here since my wisteria bloomed this year, better than it ever has.  So pretty.

 That afternoon we headed to the Provo Temple to see Jake Heuer marry his first girl friend, Eden.
 Here is Dad, as we wait to get picture of the whole group, with Barb and Randy.
At the reception in Pleasant Grove, I got to test out my theory that Mac looks like Austin Moe, evidently I am the only one that sees it.

It was fun to see preggers second cousins Kelsey and Tami.

 And just for good measure here is Becca with her same age, distant cousins (Thanks Davin and Bri)

On Sunday, we got to think about Ian having a birthday and turning 17.  Such a handsome boy, we definitely don't get to see enough of him.

As for Dad and I we got to go and speak in the 8th ward.  I was a little surprised to see the Stake President and his first counselor on the stand, again. (They were also both at our home coming, and of course sat behind us when we spoke in stake conference.)  The bishop asked him from the podium, if he like some time at the end, and he said no.  Later after Dad and I each spoke for 15 minutes, President Simmons told us, he would have liked to have spoken, but didn't want to take time from our talks, after our two short previous assignments. (We shared 15 minutes at our homecoming, and twelve minutes at stake conference.)  That made us laugh.
That night we got to meet at Darby's to celebrate Mother's day.  You can see that Zack is following his brother Ian's choice of hair styles.





Here are some pictures of us all enjoying our time together.  Thanks for hosting Darby.




Guess who pulled out her own tooth that very day.  Yep, this girl.
I love this pic of the fun uncle and aunt with Becca's kids ... 

2 comments:

  1. Finally got a minute to sit down and read the Perkies post! I am still laughing so hard about the "Sometimes People Make Mistakes" comment! !!! Hilarious. I actually recorded it on my wall of favorite quotes!!!

    You two lead a full and active retirement! Glad we get to spend time with you in there!!!

    The Cabinets look exactly the same! Austin and Max don't--but I am disabled in that facial recognition thing!

    pretty wisteria!

    See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete