Monday, September 21, 2015

Trina Party x 2 + Zupas x 2 + a New Kitchen = Great Week


Monday, Monday, so good to me .... I hurried and distributed pumpkins on the piano, then gathered supplies for ornament making and made chicken soup .... 
Because I was off to We Can. Here you see Carol lying beside the Garland we're making for our Peter Pan tree for Festival of Trees to find out how long it is. Funny girl!  
Here's the Garland bundled for travel. 
This is everyone but me ... 

Afterwards I ran up to the hobby Lobby in AF to see if they had another couple of the wire baskets I'd gotten Saturday. Not, but I did run into Jill Peterson at the AF DI.   She grew up in our Salt Lake ward and I even lined her up with my brother Ross at one time.  Fun reunion. 
That night I started taking pics of our nearly complete kitchen for a Pollyanna blog post. 

On Tuesday I met Arlene at the Timpanogos temple for a session.  Of course we followed that with lunch at Zupas. 
I headed south, then to get Becki's package mailed, as it was actually her birthday that day!  
Here's a pic Emily took on her birthday. It made me so sad when I saw it, because she looks so much older, that I can almost feel her growing up without me. Silly I guess. 

Dad had his temple shift that night, but I stopped by the Stauffers Outlet and cooked a lasagna for when he got home.  
I worked Wednesday, and Laurie came in to load her booth and was wearing black and white, which always calls for a matchy matchy  pic, right? 

Nell posted this sweet picture on IG this week, and I just had to steal it for keepers!  
I took the day off in Thursday after getting an invitation to Trina's for lunch. She's a local Blogger I met at another blogger's luncheon this past summer.  
Everything was lovely, and the food was good too! 
Such a fun afternoon! 
That evening I met up with the girls for a shower dinner for Becca at Zupas. Yum. 
Here's the girls!! 
On Friday Emily posted pics of William buying McD for himself and Bekie, after a nice lady whom he'd held a door for, handed him the five and told him to buy himself lunch at McD   How nice is that? 
I borrowed this picture of Kim and her friend Joshua playing in the rain from her IG account.  We did get plenty of rain this week! 

Dad and I ran to St George to pick up his car that had been repaired. I did junking in Cedar City before hitting St G. Then we rushed home to get to Salt Lake 
Because some of our Fleaology vendors were opening a store, and had an open house.  Here Dad is shown with other flea market friends Joanie and Steve. He's holding the MCM lamp I'd bought at the DI in Cedar City as a 'store warming' gift!  (Their shop is Mid-century Modern) 
Here I am with Jacqueline and the lamp in question! 
Next we headed south for Trina's birthday party. Unfortunately we got a call from our SL renters saying the washer plumbing had flooded the basement ... And we were headed to SLC again. 
On Saturday I got this sweet picture of Emily  and Abbie.   Their family went to the beach!  
On Saturday Dad was off to Sugar House again for a 5K his work was supporting. It was his third trip to SLC in 15 hours.  He also picked up the rug doctor he'd used the night before at the rental house, and returned it, along with fixing the dishwasher water supply line, Good times! 
I, meanwhile, was at work. We had a nice young father and a couple of teen kids show us this small emigrant trunk they'd found at a Payson yard sale for $5. (They were looking for a key to fit it) It's probably worth $1,000. It's from 1825. 

We got chatting and I found out he is is Jared Abbot's brother. Small world.  



Of course I was happy to see that Dad was keeping busy at home!!   

 I taught Relief Society today so I was up early getting my lesson marked and making reading assignment slips and visual aids.  

After church I skipped a nap and started dinner. 

It's always a treat when the kids and grands come. 
Penny is growing up so fast. 
Darby even got off work early to come!!  Scott interviewed Dad and me for his genealogy merit badge. That was fun. 
I tried a new recipe, cilantro-lime chicken, which everyone seemed to like. I wouldn't know as I'm doing colonoscopy prep tonight I got to skip dinner. 

Of course we enjoyed the kids who came, but missed Ashley, Ben and Becca and their families. 

Hope your week was perfect!! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute Garland! Love the kitchen! Scott is so talented! Thanks for coming over for the party...sorry you had to go take care of a mess. Sounds like Scott is on top of it! Becca just helped us write an offer for a lot and new build. Now she can have her baby! (she said another client wants to go out tomorrow, so maybe Thursday?!)

    ReplyDelete