Monday, May 13, 2013

Working Our Tails Off and Reagan's Blessing!

It was another one of those crazy weeks that seem to be lining up for us lately.

 I spent a ton of time on Monday getting the yard ready for our first flea.o.logy sale of the year here at the house.  Dad worked on projects too, he is shown above making a table top out of Brittany's left over oak flooring that she gave us when they cleared their garage in Salt Lake to sell their house.  I love it when collecting misc junk actually saves us money.

To the right Dad is working with Dana DeWitt and his son, returning the bathtub we used at the wedding reception to their back yard.  So nice to have such great neighbors. (Dana ended up finding a matching foot for his tub at flea.o.logy on Saturday!)
On Tuesday, Dad took the day off so that we could work on the yard.  We spent most of the day clearing out the back patio so that we could use it for food concessions at the flea market. (Emily stepped up and took over the concessions, after the dealer that had asked to do them emailed me the day before to beg off!)  That afternoon dad headed off to the temple and I headed off to the dump where I unloaded all the goodies myself ... made me feel so grown up!
 
 
On Wednesday and Thursday I worked at the antique mall.  I also did more yard clean up and project painting before and after work.  Dad mowed the lawns on Wednesday after work.
 After work on Thursday, I stopped at Walmart for paints and other supplies for flea projects, then met up with Emily at bookclub for our ward.  Its been fun to have her come back and keep participating in this group.
 
On Friday I worked most of the morning finishing up sweeping walks and putting final touches on projects before starting to set up my own both.  One time when I came through the house I saw grandpa tipping back on one of my gold French chairs, reading the Ensign.  It really tickled my fancy.

 Of course we always have issues with customers wanting to come in and shop when we are setting up.  I made this sign and put it in an 'iron man' (knowledge you gain when you have a grocer to tell you stuff.)  Dad hauled it out and set it up by the gate .... still had to be diligent and ask folks to come back the next day, over and over.
Nell and Trevor came with the kids to set up in the evening.  Since Nell is my partner in this business, she had made arrangements to have Trevor spend much of the night on watch.  Dad and I were thrilled to have sleep over guest and to use the hide-a-bed in the library for the first time.  As for the watch posts,  I overlapped with Trevor from midnight to two while I finished setting up my booth, and Dad relieved him at 4:00, so he could go home and get ready for work.  Thanks Trevor, night watch is one of my least favorite things about flea.o.logy.
 

 The day of the sale dawned bright and early.  Nell's friend Liz came and did face painting, above are shown Eva and Scott with their new faces.

To the left is Nell with my friend Stacy who came down for the market.  She later messaged me to tell me what an awesome daughter-in-law I have, not surprises there.  I sure appreciate the talents and resources that Nell brings to the market.  She not only designed our new business cards, she also designed name tags and flea money for our contest prizes.  Thanks Nell.

 Above is my booth at the beginning of the day.  I had a great sales day, and now there is bunches of money  to go toward the remodels we want to do on the house.

To the right is me with a tired little tiger at the end of the day.
 
Sunday came awfully early.  Dad and I were off to our sacrament meeting, then we went home for Dad to help Grandpa get ready, and for me to make the salad for Reagan's baby blessing.  Above I am shown with Ben and the flowers he gave me for mother's day.


 I loved this picture of Briahnna with the flower Ben gave her on her stomach, it reminds me of pictures I have seen of the Lady of Shallot.  It just made me laugh.  To the left are two of my boys with two of my chunky baby granddaughters.  hard to believe that Reagan is 4 months and Adilyn is 10 months.
 Liked this picture of my two daughters-in-law, at least the two who are still in the country.  We are looking forward to posts on this blog by Spencer so we will know what is going on with them in Cambodia.

 More fun family pictures, of course.

 I had grandpa grab Elias, so I could get a picture of him ... he is so good at staying out of range of the camera.  He and Titan started playing a little catch later, which was fun to watch.

Just wanted to share Reagan's pretty party toe nails, after all it was her party, right?!

And of course I left my flowers at Becca's and she came out and waited for us to come back so we wouldn't have to get out of the car.  How sweet is she?
 
 
On our way home we stopped to drop off Ian's birthday gift. Its hard to believe that he is turning 12.  Such a good looking kid.  Here's hoping him a wonderful new year!!  Can you believe he goes to Junior High in the fall?  Whoa!
 
Well, that was our week.  We obviously kept busy.  We hope it was a great week for you too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment