Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grandmama and Grandpapa's Slow Week Ends with a Bang!


Yep that was us, not much happening around here.  Just recovering from our wonderful week in Hawaii.

Monday was President's day and I went into Treasures and reworked a display I am in charge of, while Dad stayed home and did 'Dad things' like reversing the door on my antique stove door (See Friday), he took his car in for an oil change, and fixed the sticky handle on the main floor bathroom toilet, thank you very much.
That night he couldn't sleep and stayed up all night reading the second volume of the LDS historical set of book we are both reading (Traitor by Sandra Grey)

On Tuesday the sleep deprived one worked a full shift and then did his shift at the temple, while I prayed he would not fall asleep driving home.

I was invited down to Emily's apartment where I got to hold Becky for one minute before the upper back pain started paining me.  She is so fun and can sit up now for quite a long time.  Emily also introduced me to the Colbert Report.  That was fun.

Wednesday I went into work and spent the better part of the day, when I wasn't clerking, tearing off wall paper from one of my booths while asking myself what I was thinking when I put it up in the first place.

Dad finished the Spanish Fork floor plan then he came home to read because he was so into the book. 

I had book club that night so I did not interfere with his reading, lucky for him.

On Thursday I worked agian, and being into booth renovation, pulled out a huge cupboard from one display that takes a ton of space wihtout creating a ton of display.  Its amazing how one move like that creates a chain reaction which kept me busy at work all day.

Dad went around to stores to finish up details from previous remodels. Then he took his Dad to dinner after having a chat with Uncle Kelly.  On his way home he learned that Richard Roderiquez, the father of one of his home teaching families, was in the hospital, so he found another priesthood holder and went by the hospital and gave him a priesthood blessing, staying for visit for more than an hour. (Richard thought he was having another heart attack, but it turned out to be bloodclots in his lungs .... he is out of the ICU now.)

While Dad was gone, I was busy reading the book he had just finished. (V2)

On Friday I got to work on the shadow  box I had been planning for the stove door and frame I got in a junk exchange last December, it took me about four hours, and then of course I blogged about it so that I could post it on  Tatertots and Jello a popular blog by a woman in Salt Lake.  BTW, the title of the blog post was a direct quote from Dad when I asked him how he like the finished project.

Dad took the van that day so he could pick up shelving for the Provo store.  We went to dinner at the Cafe Rio in Provo that night.

On Saturday Dad went food storage shopping and then rearranged the basement to make room for it all.  Meanwhile I picked up Robin who is also a member of JASNA (Jane Austen Society of North America) and we and other members attended the play Emma at the Pioneer Memorial Theater.   I love that theater, but didn't realize that they hire Broadway actors for most of the leads in their plays, then fill in with locals and U of U drama students.  I guess that's why their tickets are a bit spendy. (W learned this because we stayed for the discussion after the matinee.)

That night Dad and I hooked up with the Kews for dinner at a new Mexican place in Spanish and then a movie at their house.


Today we went to Trevor and Nell's for our bi-weekly family dinner.  We had tostadas and a pinata, a really fun evening.



This is Eva with the Pinata House her Dad made, to the right is Darby and her friend Phillip.
Spencer brought Seth, and both of them are sitting on Trevor's knees, is Trevor feeling the pain? Seth did a great job taking pictures for me too!

Spencer takes a shot at the pinata as the first of the adults and uses a blindfold.  Trevor had really over thought construction and had used duct tape under the pretty colored paper.  It took a long time to break, which just made for a lot more laughs.



All of the grand kids gave it their best shot, including baby Becky with the help of her parents.
In the end it took the maker to be the destroyer.  Candy was all over the floor, and the fact that the pinata took such a beating meant that a lot of the suckers were pulverized, leaving candy bits and empty sticks in the candy pile
The kids had a ball gathering the goodies, and Titan had such a good time hitting, watching or just looking at the thing, that Becca said she is definitely going to have a pinata for his next birthday party.

So that was our week, it started slow but ended with a bang!!

3 comments:

  1. Meant to give you this when you first got it, lol!

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NEW-OLD-STOCK-CHIMNEY-FIREPLACE-CLEANOUT-MADE-USA-ADAMS-DUBUQUE-IOWA-/220875123874

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, it occurs to me, after looking at the ebay auction, that mine also might be a coalshoot door.

      Delete
  2. No reason why not, lol! Though I'm not sure why they'd have to be metal: coal is cold. . . . Have zero memory of what ours at Hartford Street looked like, though I do remember the coal guy delivering. And looking into the furnace when it was working.

    ReplyDelete