Sunday, April 28, 2024

Moving Doors and Fleaology Chores


How cute is this little Bee that Reagan made.  So adorable. 

On Monday I worked all day on furniture for the sale we were expecting to do on Saturday.

Dad got the fire door into place ...

Here it is on the inside, still awaiting trim. 
I ran over and added stock to my booth in Pleasant Grove.

I do amazingly well there for all that my booth is actually a closet. 

That night Dad and I met up with the Heuers and Moes to see the Hello Girls, a new play at the Hale in Orem.  We all liked it and ...

I met this lady, thinking she looked familiar, only to find out that we have seen Barta Heiner in movies in the past.  In fact, when Dad posted on social media about meeting her, Todd Neilson, our former Bishop, recognized her as an actress in a 1970's Church Movie, called Blind Love. 
On Tuesday I did some junking, and in the midst of it got a call from Dad saying he'd locked himself out of the car in Provo. He'd gone to the bank that the chorus is using to find out who the signers were on the account and had left his keys on the seat.  I ran to the rescue, and he rewarded me with lunch before I headed back north to pick up some teapots, I had purchased on Facebook Marketplace.   On Tuesday I did some junking, and in the midst of it got a call from Dad saying he'd locked himself out of the car in Provo. He'd gone to the bank that the chorus is using to find out who the signers were on the account and had left his keys on the seat.  I ran to the rescue, and he rewarded me with lunch before I headed back north to pick up some teapots, I had purchased on Facebook Marketplace.  We saw her last week in Escape from Germany ... if you go to see it, she is the lady on the train with the pill. 

Here are all six of us in a row. 

On Wednesday I went to work and was able to adjust this booth after selling a dining room table. The locked case Dad fixed up for me is now sitting on a largish nightstand. 

On Wednesday he moved the old door, or should I say the antique door to the north side of the carriage house. 

which means we are ready for stucco.  Way to go Dad.

My friend Shirley came by to see me on Thursday, and it was fun to visit, as always. 

Dad took off after his temple shift that day and headed to Cheyenne, Wyoming for the Rocky Mountain District spring (Barbershop) Convention and a chance for some good coaching.

This is Mischief. 

Coaching time.

Mischief and 

more Mischief, they did a great job.

and more coaching too.  Dad drove over with another guy which made it a fun trip. 

And here is our Kai, young and full of life and still hiking the Application trail. 

I love these pictures of him on McAfee Nob.

This one has real perspective.

After work Thursday, because Dad was gone, I stopped at DI on the way home, and was rewarded with a view of my favorite kind of clouds ...

Aren't they beautiful?  We saw the same type for the first time the day Dad and I and the Moes and Heuers did our tour of the Saratoga Springs temple. 

Friday was about finishing up the furniture's repairs I'd been working on all week. This table had so much damage to the top that the painting of roses was nearly entirely obscured.  I was so thrilled with how it turned out. 

This little smoking stand also needed the top redone. 

Some nice oil based red paint did the trick for this bed tray and small table. 

And another side table that needed its top redone. 

Here it is in the van, all ready to go .... except there was nowhere to go, because while I was at work at the Grove Friday, Katie, my fleaology friend called to say she had decided to do a rain delay of a week.  Sigh.  I am glad she did, it took a lot of pressure off. 


This little blue table needed it's fun turned legs reglued, and I sat it upside down to dry in the parlor, with the caged fairy on top to make the legs go in as far as possible.  But then I loved how they looked together, so I tweaked my decor in there a bit.

Darby and Dallas, meanwhile, on Saturday were up on the middle Provo River doing some fly fishing when they saw this mother and child Moose. 

Darby was being cautious, but Dallas has some experience with wildlife, having grown up fishing in Idaho and Montana, and knows the drill. 

With fleaology cancelled, I took an easy day, I started with an antique sale at one of the dealer's homes who had planned to sell at fleaology and found lots of goodies.  Then I went shopping for some cruise clothes and went to dinner with a book-club friend, KD.  I then stayed up until after midnight reading.


Ths also happened Saturday. When Dad cleaned out the car for the trip, he brought in all the odds and ends that have been in the car for a while. I found this cute book in a fancy bag with patterned tissue paper.  When I saw it, my blood ran cold, as I didn't even remember who gave it to me.  I was berating myself, thinking who knows me so well that they would give me such a perfect gift ... then I saw the sales receipt in the bottom and realized I had bought it for myself at an upscale boutiquey place.   Hahaha ... yep, I am that old. 

I got to teach Primary on my own today.  The Lesson was on King Benjamin, so the kids got to color these 'service crowns', I cut them out and glued on jewels at home to make things go smoothly at Primary.  I love King Benjamin, I told the kids he was an upside-down kind of King, Not making others work for him, but working for them.  Not taking their money but doing his own work to support his family.  I said he kind of reminds me of our Heavenly King, aka Heavenly Father. 

Dad got home in the afternoon, which was nice. I had made falafel and we had falafel pitas for dinner while watching a movie with the two great dames of Britain. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment