Sunday, March 17, 2024

The Week That Started with a Friday and so on.

It must be spring, as Dad saw the first returning Turkey Buzzard on Monday, when he got home from his run.
That afternoon we met up with some Moe's and relatives to see Barb's granddaughter Kami as she performed in this production at the Hale Youth Theater. 

Here's a shot from online of the cast members at the end of the play. 

We had dinner later at Rumbi Island Grill.

Kami and her Grammy.

Always a good time.

On Tuesday Sister Pittman came by with a thank gift for the Mosida Year Book we handed out a couple of weeks ago.

On Tuesday I headed into the mall to bring in an 18 slot demitasse cup and saucer display.  I brought in the rest of my demi collection to go with it, and when I counted I have just about a hundred sets of cup and saucers in the booth now.  I also brought in a pennant banner I'd made earlier in the day.  See, I do sometimes use my craft supplies. 
The sign says "Accoutrements for Tea"

Here's the new little shelf.


We were sorry to hear that Charley had to go to the Emergency room to help out with some stomach pain the poor girl has been suffering from.  We love you Charley, so sorry. 

More Pics of Kai on the trail.  Doesn't he look happy?

Here he is at one of the shelters.  It makes me want to go hike this trail.

At work on Wednesday, a bus full of art students from Eagle Mountain came in to shop.  They had been to the Springville Art museum.  This gal asked if we had anything tatted.  I gave her this tatted doily, the last of a dozen I've sold over the years.  She shows on her phone a picture of one she made, as her Dad has taught her to tat.  He learned from his mother when elementary school age.  Now he does it to relax.  I love it. 

This young man was interested in this old Sax. 

Many, many of the students bought rings.  When this gal bought two I asked her if she'd like me to bag them, as I didn't think she could fit them on her fingers, which she then did, by rearranging the rings.  She is wearing a total of 17.

Dad ran into Dane Rigby at the temple on Wednesday, Dane was one of the Wade missionaries who came after Dad left. They have since met up at reunions. 

Dad saved his name paper, because of the birthdate .. it was in 380 AD, you don't see that much, but another worker told him he done one, a Chinese name, that was from 825 BC, whoa. 
Here is some handiwork from Patchwork Perkins getting ready for tile at Ashley's after he got done with his session at the temple. 

More Patchwork.

There is the shower pan in place. 


Thursday was Pie Day, so after I got home from work, and Dad completed his session working at the temple, we went to the ward Pie Party. This funny device spatted about one in 7 kids with whipped cream ... yep, she got it. 


There were coloring pages.


and the find the gummy bear in the whipped cream contests. 

On Friday I worked on the craft room again, and Dad worked on fixing up one of the sets of carriage doors in the carriage house, reinforcing it so it didn't drag on the ground.  Then we went out and saw Cabrini, one of those movies that has been released by Angel Studios.  We both felt so uplifted by the movie and shed not a few tears.

Dinner was at Los Hermanos in Lindon.  Yum.


They seated Dad in the correct seat. 

On Saturday I met up with these friends, Lilly, Ann, Mary, Me and Raelene DeWitt, my neighbor, to attend a Tea Party at Moon's Historic Book store in the Riverwoods in Provo. 

This gal is from the company that made reproduction fabrics from a 200 year old quilt made by Jane Austen and her mom and sister.  I actually found the central printed piece for not too much money last year online.  I used it to cover the tea cart at my last Austen Tea Party. 

Here are four of the five of us.  Raelene was so excited about the fabrics that she headed up front before we could take a group shot. 

There were several young women wearing more authentic clothes. 

Reid Moon has 5 of Jane's 6 novels in the first edition.  Here is Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, as all her books originally came out in three volume sets. 

The tea things matched perfectly. 


Here I am with the repro quilt and a candle stick Jane Austen owned, its valued at $75,000.

This gal approached me and asked my Instagram.  She's a follower I met 7 or 8 years ago when she came into the store looking for corbels, as Nat Reed was building her a She Shed.  She is on IG as hummingbird.cottage.vintage 

After the tea I went to Farmhouse Peddlers in Orem to do a Scavenger hunt with Rhyming riddles in the store.  A bit frustrating, but I managed to complete the challenge. 

When I got to PG to join Dad who was already hanging out with Trevor and Nell's kids, look who I found hanging out in Eva's car. 

I got Penny and Eleanor to go with me to put new stock into my booth at The Grove, then we stopped for some junking at DI and Pizza.

That night we watched a couple of movies with Penny and J. Scott. We watched the live action Little Mermaid with Penny, then Dan in Real Life with J. Scott. Darling Penny made us Popcorn, and their sweet little dog, Rosie kept us company. 

How pretty and spring like are these two, all ready for church wearing floral dresses with green included for St. Patrick's Day protection. 

Here's our adorable Eva Jean, she went to a school dance with friends Saturday night, and had friends over today ... did I think to get a picture,  No indeed I did not.  But she was a good sport and posed on the stairs.

When Eleanor got done with giving me a pedicure, she gave Rosie a bath.  What a sweetheart. 

And here is Dad's and my nod to our Irishness ... he has me beat by one percent ... 

After church with the two younger girls, we headed to Payson to teach our Primary Class for the first time.  All went well.  Then it was back for an afternoon with the kids at Trev's, before heading to Nell's Mom's house for a lovely dinner.  Here are our table mates ... Nell's sister Alexis and her family.

Nells grandma, Her Mom, Penny, Eleanor and their cousin.

Last, but not least, are those dressed in white ... the Scotties and the not a Scotty dog. 

So that was our week.  We had a lot of fun, and had a little bit of time to serve too.  We loved our time with the kids, both those in our Primary class and our grands.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment