Sunday, February 11, 2024

Liticia, Barb, Ismo and Julie, Julie, Julie.


On Monday Dad worked on the basement, digging more trenches for the shower drainage.  I took off and did some junking before meeting up with this collector of silhouettes in Saratoga Springs. Her name was Liticia and she had called the mall last week looking for a buyer for some china. Since I am doing my tea shop booth, I jumped at the chance to get more cups and saucers.

She had very lovely and shabby chic decor.  Lots and lots of decorative dishes, which is why I was there.  

After we decided on a price of $200 for about 225 items, including 25 sets of cups and saucers, she told me she had no packaging, she thought I would bring it.  So, I headed back to DI where I bought a couple of plastic bins and a couple of bed skirts to tear up for packaging.  

After that I headed to Barb's where she helped me finish up the history book for Mosida, Year 2023 and order it.  She's so knowledgeable from doing so many of these books, she was able to get the price on each book down from $180 each to $35 each, whoa!

On Tuesday we headed to the church's meat packing plant behind the Macey's in Spanish.  I thought it would be annoying to have to wear a hairnet on your face.

Here we are with another couple all ready to go.

It was fun to see that our Elder Marrott at Mosida is also a missionary here.


The rooms are kept in the 40's as we are packing meat.  Our assignments were for me to add the label to the boxes after 4 guys loaded the tubes of burger into the boxes.  Then Dad took them from my scale and loaded the pallets.


I worked Wednesday and Thursday while Dad continued to dig in the basement.  At work I took this collage of pictures to match the black, red and white post Julie Eggleston did on Instagram. 


After work on Thursday, I brought up the little old man by the fireplace bookend I'd just found and took pics of all my book readers.  Of course, I also posted it on IG.

Charley is shown with her collection of Valentines' candy.  Who could resist this salesman?

Friday Dad and I met up with Darby to go and see the Finnish Comedian, ISMO, at the Wise Guys at Jordan Landing. 

We so appreciate Darby, who loves comedy and thus gets notifications, for finding out about the show and sharing that with us.  She so enriches our lives; we just love her. 

We got there early enough to get front row seats.  We had dinner there, while waiting for the show to start. The show was great, though far more vulgar than any of the stuff he posts online.  Funny, funny guy. It was fun for us because we caught the unspoken nuances of Finnish life, as he represented it. 

This cute Finnish couple also caught those nuances, Abe and Milli Silvennoinen. As it turns out they lived in Espoo when we did, on our second mission.  They are here finishing up schooling, along with three kids.  He is a first cousin to a gal we knew very well in Finland and said that he recognized Dad. 

ISMO signing Dad's ISMO sweatshirt.



Aren't they the cutest?

from the comedy show to the antique show and a day of junking in Ogden.  Here I am with my friend Shirley who came with her husband.

Also Bruce Alison, who has moved back to Utah and is going to do Fleaology with us. 

And here are my shopping friends, Sharon Poulson, who used to live in Doug and Shirley's ward, she is also a sister of Julie Smith's, shown on my other side.  The fourth of our junking quartet is Heather, Julie's daughter. 

Here they are all checked out at one of the thrift stores, waiting for me to finish.  Of course they shop for themselves, and I shop for resell, so it takes me longer in the checkout line. 

And who'd have thought that Queen Elizabeth would be in this car in the parking lot?

Sharon lives in Kaysville, and was dropped of first, then it was on to Heather's in Draper.  She had so many super cute displays, and this horse is just amazing.  

As I was dropping Julie at the parking lot of the aquarium, my nephew Scott called so I could talk to his Mom, my sister Julie.  She has difficulty speaking much now, as she has been diagnosed with COPD, and is on oxygen.  But we had a nice talk and a bit of our initial plans to visit them in Maryland in April.  

While I was out junking at the Acorn Show, Trevor's family, on a whim, picked up some nicely priced tickets to see U2 in Las Vegas at the last minute.  Yeah, for spontaneity. 

So that was our week, pretty low key for us, but lots of fun too.  Please remember to pray for Aunt Julie, that she will be as comfortable as possible.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment