Sunday, December 10, 2023

Party, Party, Party


Monday of Party week started with me setting my table for one of them.


I did a couple of added decor bits too.

Like moving Aunt Julie's Santa from the far right where it usually resides this time of year, to the middle, because, well, symmetry.  Yes, he is hanging from a wire. 

Then the Crumps picked us up for a former Mosida Missionary party in SLC.  Here are Lavern and I with Leslie, who we served with last year. 

Here we are with the Pingles who were mission directors several years back.  We've heard their names ever since we knew there was a Mosida. 

Dad and Ron

Brother Pingle shining up Elder Munro's, head. 

The Munros with LaVern.

The Jordan's.

Then it was back to my house to start our Book Club Luncheon, I made it at 4:01.
Ann, Brittany, Sandy, and Joyce, just out of view is Heather.

Stephanie, KD, Suzanne, Carolynn and Ann.

No pictures but we did things on Tuesday, Dad hung the east doors in the carriage house (one was actually hung backwards - a little frustrating for Dad), while I drew our Christmas Letter, and ran to have it printed, before our friend Aubrey joined us for dinner. 

On Wednesday, at work, a couple came in with a dining room drop leaf table, with leaves and four chairs that were just like Grandma Connie's.  I didn't have room in my booth, and said they should list it on KSL, they said they just wanted $20 for it.  Well, I hauled it in, figuring I'd have to list it, but put a price of 125 on it by the front door temporarily.  Then a props master from Hale Center Theater in SLC, who are doing Fiddler on the Roof in January, came in looking for wood chairs for 25 each and she bought the chairs from me for that, as well as these chairs.  Now I want to see the production to see the chairs.  (The end of the day on Thursday I moved the table to my back booth and put a small dresser on top to make room.)

When I got home Dad had replaced most of the broken and missing windows.  We were shocked at the price tag of the windows, though. 

Andy's birthday dawned bright and early on Thursday, making him 49, yikes.

But it was Charlie who celebrated by making Gingerbread houses with her friends. 

Aren't they cute!

Yum!

On Friday I headed out to do errands, which lasted all day.  Here I am having my shutter's color read, for matching paint, at Home Depot. 

My friend the Grinch was there, and we had to get a picture together. Do you know the Grinch was just a black line drawing in the book, and it wasn't until they animated it for TV that someone made the choice to make him green.

Here are my errands for the day:

X Mail 15 Christmas cards
X get window glass recut
X get paint for carriage doors
X check Springville DI for frame for hunting painting for lodge.
X check American Fork DI for frame ...
X pick up Paycheck at The Grove
X Check Provo DI for frame ...

By the time I got home this had happened.  Isn't it beautiful?

And after Dad posted his rock fireplace online, these girls sent him pictures of the kind of fun they'd been having in Texas.

That night we headed to Cafe Rio, where we noticed that Kevin Bacon is in the P of Payson, as a nod to Footloose.  We're still wondering if he will make it to Prom in the Spring, before they tear down the High School where Bacon filmed much of the movie Footloose. 
Brittney turned 35 on Saturday.  Hurray!!  They spent the day skiing to celebrate, all four of them.

We got down to painting the carriage house that day.  By 1pm Dad had done half the north wall, and I had done one of the four carriage doors. 
At two we ran over to Spanish Fork to see Elias perform in a fun Christmas variety show. 

He's got some moves, alright.




We really enjoyed the whole program, one of the numbers has a huge number of carolers being invited into the home of a family watching TV, they won't stop singing, and leave, even after being offered Figgy Pudding, which they had insisted on.  In the end the family had to pay them $600 to leave.  It was pretty funny. 

Davin and Bri were dressed up nice as they had dinner plans in SLC.

Bri had tailored her own dress for Adi, as we would be taking the kids to a Luau.  Here she is with a friend after the program.

How cute are they all!!

Davin noticed the wicked witch plate on this car, so we got dad to move our van next to it for this picture. Elphaba and Wicked Witch.

Dave and Bri drove north to meet up with Darby and Dallas, and another couple with whom they are friends. 


This picture reminds me of the WWII era restaurant photographer pictures one sees. 

These guys dined a little more casually with us at our ward Christmas dinner, with a Hawaiian theme. 

Sister Harmon and Brooks,

The Christensens,

The Fletchers

The Perkins

Moses Fletcher and Elias, both have amazing hair.  At church I have told Moses that I have a grandson who also has amazing hair. 

Here are the before and after pictures of the West carriage doors plus the Pebble Cream walls. Dad used the first gallon to paint about 80% of the sheetrock walls. 

Elias and the girls came and helped me paint mushrooms, after I finished painting the doors. 

 Elias shared some of his art.  I loved this one, because with the antler head dress it reminded me of Norsemen.  He's pretty into mythology and fantasy.  He is so creative. 

Here we all are painting mushrooms. 

Sunday morning Dave and Bri came and picked them up, before we headed to church.  We had a nice set of meetings and came home to work on the blog, which unbelievably is done by 4!

We hope your holidays are packed with Holiday Fun as well. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment