Sunday, February 5, 2023

Missionaries, Movies, Memories and Memorabilia.


We started our week as we often do with a day out a Mosida.   We are meeting new couples, some who are investigating the opportunity, 

Here are two of the couples who are  investigating, with the Smiths to the right.
The whole gang.

The Crumps have been the best recruiters.  Two couples they invited have already been set apart and and one of the two couples are bring two more couples aboard.  We were worried initially as our contingent was down to just four couples, and we really need at least 9. 

On Tuesday we were down in the basement sorting out boxings of storage (Fabric, holiday, costumes, suitcases, tax records. and memorabilia.)  Fabric goes up to be sorted, costumes as well, most holiday stuff stayed but is now organized by holiday/season.  

I thought I must have sold this metal fireplace plaque.  I was so happy to find it and a pair of 1880's candleabras in the same container.  Ever since I painted the room the robin's egg blue, I have wished that I hadn't sold it.  My friend Stacy had coveted for years, and I figured I must have sold it to her.  But, it was lost in my storage room.

How perfect does that look.

We met up with the Moes and Heuers that evening in Orem,

Then we all went together to see 'Missing', which I really liked. 

 Then Robin noticed Abraham Lincoln just wandering the corridors.  I talked to him for a bit, and he said he didn't realize that as he aged, he was beginning to look like Abe.  It wasn't until he was doing some political canvasing and a man answered the door, and said it was quite a thing to have Abraham Lincoln come calling. He said he hires out for events now.  I wish you could see his profile.  Its perfectly Abe.

On Wednesday  and Thursday I took in a lot of basement things, including a pair of these candleabras to the antique mall.  They are from the 1860's to the 1880's and on line are priced from 800 to 1200 bucks.  There was one set for sale on Ebay for only 450, but shipping was another couple of hundred.  I also measured, rolled and priced fabric I will never use.  I did one box of fabric each day, and it seems to be selling well.  I have 4 or 5 more boxes to take in. While sorting in the evenings, this week,  I sent the 'keeper' fabric up to the Princess room .
Where Dad had taken out all the fabrics on the side shelves, as well as the hanging bar, and the hanging clothing to refill the closet with more shelves for fabric.  Now if I want to look for fabric, everything I kept is now visible. 

I didn't get it done until Friday, when we worked on the house all day.

On Thursday I got to go the Dave and Bri's kids spelling bee.  The contestants had all been first or second place in their respective class, and it included third graders to eighth graders.  The three winners school spelling bee winners were all eighth graders, but the kids had a ball.  How perfect that they were all alphabetical by last name, so they got to sit together.  I'm betting they were the only group of 3 siblings who had all won in their class rooms.

Bri's step dad and Davin's mom came to cheer them on.


I loved this pic with Adi and a favorite teacher.

And while I was sorting and shelving fabric, Dad was going through a couple of boxes that were stacked in the garage with Grandpa Carlo's stuff and found the photo albums, I couldn't find when I was searching for them to send childhood pictures to Trevor to add to the video he did for Dad's birthday. Just 5 days too late.

He saved out a few here, and put the rest in the top of the big library closet, for me to sort another day.  I even took pics he was going to throw away, to take to the antique mall to sell, as people use random photos for crafting.

This is Leeman and Carlo as children.

And this one is Milt as a child, Carlo's Dad.

We had food from our Indian Guy (Dave's neighbor) for dinner that night.  Yum.
But after a day of working on the house sorting, etc.  We had these rice bowls for dinner on Friday.  Emily introduced us in Texas to sushi bowls.  This one is a Mexi bowl, but on Saturday night we had a more Asian bowl.

Speaking of Emily, how cute is this family portrait on the porch her Sister in Law took of them. It was also Jonathan Clark Talley's blessing day.

I also ran across an old post of what the corner of our bedroom looked like when it was new, back in January of 2016.

Now 7 years later this is what it looks likes.

Also ran into this artist.  She is actually a collage artist from Germany, but I adore her work. I do think she works digitally though.

A posting on Insta.

And a picture of Becca getting another award.  I think this one is for Business Culture.

We got new Temple recommends today.  I took the pic of the note for getting our appointment with the Stake Presidency, but thought, heck, how cute is our first counselor in the Bishopric.  He is Tyrel Salisbury, and he teaches at Pleasant Grove Highschool, but Dad asked him, and he does have Eva this year.

Last of all, the Kews are in town, and look what they got when they wanted a truck to haul stuff to the dump for their rental car ... so, so, them don't you think.

And just for fun, a picture of Steve rendering unto Caesar. 

and just one more thing.  We had a meeting with the Thanksgiving Point Stake as a kick off for their trek the first week of June.  Mike Russell recognized Dad from when he went into our UCCU in Orem years ago, when Ben worked there.  He came up and said to Dad "Hey do you have a son named Ben?" Its been 4 1/2 years and this is the first time it has happened.  He worked with Ben at that UCCU, and was obviously upset at hearing of his death.  Mike is a seminary teacher at American Fork High School, and he and two of his four daughters will be attending trek.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment