Sunday, January 1, 2023

The Week Between.


On Monday I spent the morning cleaning up and decorating a bit.  I had a naked mannequin in my craft room, and next to it, in a bag of put aways, was this Victorian skirt. Then in looking in the costume closet for my Victorian beaded jacket, which I couldn't find, but I found this retro look topper instead.  Yay.
Then it was time to set the table. 
There was some cooking too, since I was having a couple of friends for one last Christmas get together. 


Here is my friend Mary and her friend who is visiting from California for a couple of weeks. Mary is showing her around town and wanted her to see our house ... all the makings of a party in that situation.  It was a lovely day and Mary brought amazing desserts to share.

Up early on Tuesday to meet up with the Moes and celebrate Barb's birthday with 5 movies.  We started with Puss in  Boots, then we saw Matilda, which we both liked a lot. Randy got piles of tickets.

                                               



throughout the day Barb's family and friends came, variously grouped. 


Our 3rd movie was Fablemans. Then we went to dinner at Cubby's before returning to see I Wanna Dance With Somebody.  

It was so fun to see that Kamryn is now taller than her grandmother and mother. 

But I found a floor where they can all be the same height, Our last movie was Avatar 2 and it lasted until 1:30 in the morning! 

On Wednesday I was off to work, while Dad headed up to do some more demo work ala Chip Gaines at Darby's.


Dad and I met at Dave and Bri's to see Disenchanted. Adi and Nenna found out I wanted to see it when they spent the night last time, and yeah it happened.  Thanks girls.

We got to see one of Eli's new earring too.

And we got to see Nenna touching her toes to her nose. 

Davin is recording the feat for history.

Then they opened their Christmas basket from us.


Nenna liked the colorful book she got, because it matched her outfit perfectly. 

They missed getting their Christmas basket on Christmas ....

Because their family spent their Christmas at the beach ...

In Oregon.  They all had a blast!!

And here is my top nine on Instagram for the year. 

On Thursday I headed to work and Dad headed to do his temple shift.  We met at home and packed and headed to Idaho for a few days. 

Where we were greeted with fresh flowers in Brittany's guest room.

We watched lots of movies while at Britt's house, and went out to dinner a few times too.

Here we are at the restaurant where Alex works, it is called Sa-Wad-Dee Thai Restaurant  


Here's Alex !

Amazing faux chicken Thai Curry, so yummy!

Every night at Britt's we watched Christmas movies as well as watching both of the Top Gun movies. 
Saturday morning and they're off ....

On Saturday Kai and Dad,

and Britt and 

and miss Charley all went skiing.

Papa and Charley



Alex and I went to the Antique World mall. 


That night Mike made yummy goodies like stuffed mushrooms, whole wheat bruschetta pizza, and a wonderful clam chowder that would make Market Street Grill jealous.

Charley seems to be becoming an artist, like many of her cousins. 


Mike made us an amazing breakfast too.  He's such an amazing cook. 

Dad and I headed off to go to church for a couple of hours and came home to some amazing Cajun Shrimp. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment