Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Working Full Time...

Here we go for a new week, starting off with celebrating Sam's 38 birthday. Of course this is Dad's collage for Facebook.



It was an interesting week for me.  With all the trading I needed to do to free the time for our visit to Texas, I ended up working 5 days.  I am not sure that has happened in the over 20 years I have worked at the antique mall.  Anyway, here's a picture I took on Monday.  I asked the gal if she was doing an unusual Halloween, given the spider and bat, and she said no.  She said that she just believes there is no art greater than what God has made.  I actually loved the naturalist look of it all and agreed.  The horn vase was mine, so that made me even more happy.
Also that day, a man bought an antique hay fork machine, and brought his own fork lift to load it into his pick up truck.  I thought that was doubly interesting.

Here are a few things that other family members were doing at some time during the week.  Ashley was painting pumpkins.  Soooo cute...

Spencer and Brittney went on a Disney Cruise with her family.  This is Cam with Brittney's adorable parents.

Hannah was doing acroyoga with her friend Scott.


Ashley was also playing disc golf, can we assume a hole in one!

I worked again on Tuesday, but had to get off on the dot, because I was in charge of our ward's Relief Society temple night.
Afterward about half of the sisters came by for some pie ala'mode.  Yum and fun.

Jill Terry, Janis Howse, Nichole Cook, Kira Carter, Becky Christenson and Cristie Peterson 

It was work again on Wednesday, and I wore my Halloween dress to work.  I stopped on the way home at the grocery store to pick up what I needed to make Green Tomato Curry and ran into my favorite checker, Hannah Bibler.  I was canning it for the Relief Society the next evening.  I am on the committee. 

After work on Thursday I hurried to the church to set up for the 'Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without' activity.  These magnets with our theme on them were made by Kathy.

I used this picture I had taken at the mall, it is a repaired antique bowl to show the extent that people used to go to in making do.  Tiny holes were drilled and wire pieces inserted, but it looks like staples.  I've also seen glass repaired in the same way.

This darned bed spread was one that sold at the mall, the darn was about three inches across.  I used this picture as part of my darning tutorial. Yep I stood and darned a sock while I talked, and not, it was not nearly this pretty.



This gal taught food drying techniques. 


Everyone brought food that they had either canned or made from their gardens.  


Sister Erikson shows off her pie.


These grand people were waiting for me after.  Their folks were gone for the weekend.

Back from the Mexican food store where we got onions for making more green tomato curry.

Another of our grands.

Went to a buying appointment in Springville and had to stop to take a picture of this cute display.

After loading my car with my purchases from the nice people in Springville, I headed to the mall I just joined in PG.  This is a window display from Rosebud antiques.  The Grove, was participating in a shop hop, and since I was driving by one of the other PG antique stores, four in all, I thought I'd support the hop.  Giggled when I saw the china head doll with the skeleton in the window.

Put out this pancake set at the Grove.

And ran into a Treasures dealer, John, who was there shopping.

Love the wallpaper in the restroom at the Grove too.

a few other additions at the Grove.

Then back home to watch Pollyanna with these cute little princesses.


Beautiful sunrise on Saturday.

And I put up this sign I had gotten from the folks in Springville, before heading to my fifth day of work for the week.

This gal bought herself a guitar, and mentioned she is taking lessons.  Another dealer requested a concert.  That was fun.

We drove to Farmington for Paul Bredthhauer and his wife's homecoming talks.  I grew up with Paul, in a ward that had a ton of youth.  I was one of 18 girls my age, and he was one of fourth young men.

He told me that Debbie Nelson, as was, was in his ward.  She was one of the four Debbies in our ward.  It was fun to visit.  She is the daughter of the man who beat our mortician Stake President with a clip board, when said President Russon played a prank on  him.  I'm sure you've heard the story.  But oddly Debbie had not.  Since its one of my favorites, I got a kick out of telling her.


Here are the fruits, or should I say vegtables, of our labors this week. It was a trick to eek out the time to do it, but once I had made my first batch of curry for the relief society activity, it got me in the mood.  The tomatoes were easy, and Dad made the pico that I came home from work and canned in the evening one night.  

Funny story.  We couldn't figure out why the front bottle of curry was so green.  We laughed when I remembered that one of the jars was blue.

In our month with the most birthdays, we celebrate Cam's second birthday.  

Dad's work for the week including affixing the rest of the pumpkins to the fence.  The last two are on this arch now.

Dad installed the pulley system for our kayaks.

and last of all we mailed our ballets in before leaving town.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment