Sunday, May 8, 2022

May the Fours be with You!

Monday found us at Mosida, I was sanding handcarts along with Max, the grandson of another Mosida missionary. There were four sisters there, along with a boy and a man, working on sanding handcarts, on both Monday and Tuesday.  We have 40 hand carts in this warehouse we're working on finishing.

And look, out of 80 handcarts, (1/2 of 4 x40) I got to work on this one that day.

On their ends, its easy to sand the bed of the cart top and bottom.  I mostly do wheels,  and this position the best four that.

We got ten more done by Tuesday.  Here we are with half of our forty.  Four-tunately some Young adults were coming on Saturday to work on them too.

Dad was working sinking telephones poles they are using to make shade areas.  They have done four poles each four four different shade areas.

Tuesday night we went Kaysville to do another Hoedown.  Dad wanted to go, though we weren't assigned, because the Mottishaws, who are serving in Finland, have grandkids who were going to be there.  Here they are with their mom, the Mottishaw's daughter.  

Afterwards we stopped by to see Doug and Shirley, intending to stay about 15 minutes, but we stayed four time that long.  We just love them, and always enjoy our visits.

Dad stayed home from Mosida on Wednesday, the fourth, to attend the funeral of a four-mer employee at Associated Foods, Robert Lambson.

Here he is with the two brothers that he worked with at The Store. Including the brothers he ran into a total of 3 four-mer associates.  Its wasn't until Friday that he ran into one of our missionaries which made for four individual reunions for the week.


Also, on Wednesday night, May fourth, Elias and Titan did the Hope of America program at the Marriot Center.

Briahnna circled the two of them in purple.  Eleanor had done the Hope of American program on Tuesday night.

Their families even sat together, how fun is that, so they were cheered on by four adults and four children.

Here's Titan's shot.  Thanks four the pictures Briahnna.
Charlie had a piano recital, and is doing very well.  Its was fun to listen to the video on line to see just what four hands can do.

Wednesday was also 'May the Fourth be with you day'... Robin and Jeff were at Disneyland, the perfect place to celebrate.

Of course its also our personal family holiday, as these four celebrate Spencer and Brittany's ninth anniversary.

My friend Tina and I walked the cemetery on Thursday morning.  I was so surprised to notice so many unusual 'head stones'.  Here are four of my favorites.

I worked on Thursday and took a couple of pictures of other workers, here is Nikki.

Keith and Clint move out a cupboard for a customer who spent more that $4,000 bucks ... yep it was a good day.  If I had known I would be doing a 'four' blog, I would have gotten a picture of one more coworker.

I took all of my bee decor, that was in the garden house, that I am changing out for a Mad Hatter Hat Shop for my Alice in Wonderland garden, and put together a display with it all.  I had way more than four beehives, but its fun to think these bee items have been displayed together Bee-Four.  Hahahaha.

I love this picture of Charley, as she balances on two of her four appendages.

On Friday it was off to Sushi-Ya to celebrate Darby's graduation day.  It may have been late in the week by then, but this was the first of the four times we would eat out.  

Dallas said it was his first sushi post Covid.  And the four on our side of the table ate plenty.
Adi demonstrated almost the whole alphabet in sign language with just a bit of help from her mom.  So fun!!  She made the other four in her family so proud, not to mention the four of us on the otherside of the table.

When the students came into the UVU Events Center we could not spot Darby, but the Payson pipe band was hard to miss.  It brought tears to my eyes. Maybe they played Stars and Stripes Four Ever!!

The indoor fireworks at the end were spectacular, the whole ceremony seemed pretty patriotic.

Here are four graduates, as we saw Darby as she exited, however.

A shot during commencement.  Of course the four sided Jumbotron helped with closeup.  There were there were almost 12,000 graduates, (3x4000) up from the previous record of last years 8,000. (4000x2) The group was so diverse, it just brought me joy. The youngest was 16, (4 time 4) and the oldest was nearly 80 (2 times 40)
Here we are with our 4th Utah graduate. (Britt graduated in Idaho)
Its always fun to run into one of our missionaries too.  This Tyler Hooper, his sister also graduated from UVU. Of course he was the fourth of Dad mini reunions.  I love the quote I found about such instances. "I love bumping into an old friend - Its as if the universe has a gift-wrapped moment."


This cute mom had four kids, who scattered when I asked to take her picture, except the youngest, but she reminds me of me, when I graduated at 32, (4x2x4) when I was pregnant with my 8th child (2x4)
Then we met up with Hanna and Scott and Becca's family for dinner at Mi Ranchito in American Four-k.

The gang.

Four funny faces.

On Saturday, Dad carefully cut away the old metal arch so as to not have to cut down the wisteria to replace it with a new metal arch that he got me for Mother's day. Its took a lot of fours for him to carefully leave the live vines in tact.

He even  cut  out some dead wood, and the wisteria is now happily growing over the archway. 

Isn't it four-tunate, four us, that in the four-seeable future, Dad's four-thought and four-thright labors will Four-ther four-malize our four-mal garden?
While he was doing that I was out Four-aging at Garage sales.  I found an amazing sale in Spanish Four-k and even bought some wonderful Indian food. I knew Davin lived somewhere in the general area, but had come from a different direstion than normal, so didn't know just how far away.  aAlso knowing that they love Indian food I thought they appreciate the news. I got on the list for future orders, (Yes it was amazing, and the two meals we bought will make four meals), as these folks make it every other Thursday.  I figured I would four-ward the info to Dave when I got an email from them.

As I was leaving the sale, I realized that they lived right next door to Dave and Bri, but since their house faces one street and Dave's faces another I hadn't noticed.  Now Dad is laughing his head off.

When Dave and the kids (4 people) came to deliver my beautiful Mother's day, and birthday gifts, he laughed at me too. Dad calls me directionally challenged.

Four families came together with  Moes, Heuers, and Donelle Gearheart and us,  four dinner at Thai Village in AF, what lovely plates they make.

Dinner was a ruse to be away from the house so that when Barb and Randy returned home,there would be a house full of friends to celebrate Randy's birthday and retirement, which was originally planned for early February.

Four members of our family came to honor the guest of honor.

Here I am with Kylie, Barb's fourth child.

and here I am hold Barb's youngest grandchild, who is a month old and the daughter of Ryan and Tia.  

Garaging that day I found a baby outfit for my soon to be newest grandbaby, in October.  What ever the baby is he/she get a red outfit, be it checks or polkadots. Of course that will be grand baby twenty four (6x4)

After church we stopped by the Kews four a visit.  I saw this wonderful nativity.  Turns out they bought it at the Springville Art Museum gift shop when we were with them at least four months ago.  I love it and I am trying to figuring out how to get one.  

Then it was off to Becca's to celebrate Mother's Day.  They gifted me a killer knife, hoping it would replace the knife of death.  I am dedicating it to be my sushi knife, and love the four sided wood box Brady made to house it. 

Becca put on the Mother's day video she made when we were on our second mission.  An extra happy thing about the video is that, though Ben had already graduated from life when she made it, she included the video of the kids, including Ben, singing the family song.
Here is the link to see it for old time's sake: https://youtu.be/Zzbi7y6z2YE  

Cam even eventually warmed up to Dad.

It was good to get to hang out with four of my kids families.


Cousin love.

Ta duh!!

Such beautiful blondes.

Brady made a tomato basil pie that he had had at a restaurant, and had then found on line.  It was just amazing. In all he cooked up four different dishes.

Here he is going out the back door with a couple of the pies for his family dinner.  It makes me laugh that, he walks four hundred feet to get to his folks place.

It was great to get messages and phone calls from most of the other kids, so it was a lovely, lovely weekend for us.  Thank you all! May the Fours be with you all four-ever.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment