Sunday, May 22, 2022

A Week of Small Pleasures


And it all started in Idaho on Monday.  Brittany took me antiquing while Dad stayed home to fix the lawnmower, which I am pretty sure he enjoyed more than shopping.


I found this great Frenchie booth and decided to go home and put one together at my mall. Pictures to come.
We saw this furry horse and took a picture of it for our Darby.  What kind of horse is that?

Next it was off to get our toenails done, because, well my last pedi was on the cruise in January, and red and flesh ombre is just not a thing for toenails.

My pedicurist was so fun, I thought he was in his early 30's ... try 55!!

Nice, eh?

We went to pick Charlie up at school then went to her ballet class.


Such a cutie.

Because Charlie then had a piano lesson, and then a tap dance class, we took care of ourselves for a bit and went out to our favorite restaurant.


On Tuesday, Eleanor had her Wax Museum project, and went, appropriately, as Eleanor Roosevelt. We were so sorry to miss it.

On Tuesday Britt's dog Missie, went, well, Missing.  We drove around the neighborhood and found ducks, though, so charming.  Britt posted on her neighborhood board on Facebook, and her neighbor called, thankfully.

Before we left town we went to lunch in a hip neighborhood where Britt is selling a house.

We had patio seating.

This store was across the street and we checked it out.  It was charming.


This charming house was half hidden by this tree.  The plaque tells when and by whom it was planted in the 1800's.


Back at home on Wednesday, I did a post of the little bedroom, in all its touched up glory.  

Dad finished the last strip of wallpaper on this wall last week.


 
I just loved how my holdover from my Roseville collection, matches the wall paper, not only in color but in being rather art nouveauish too. 

Just love this flat ware with the transferware pattern I got in Texas last trip. I've never seen anything like it.

Dad was off to Mosida that day where they finished up the shade covers. I, of course, headed of to work at Treasures. He went back on Friday to move 40 handcarts to the handcart site.


There was a Hoedown that night in Eagle Mountain.  I loved this themed table and small loaves of bread and jam.  This man's wife made all the little loaves, one of the other Mosidaites, told her she would win the prize for refreshments, if there was one.  Mostly they serve donuts.  This couple was super fun, we're excited that they will be on one of our treks.

First thing on Thursday, Dad saw that Amber Whiting, who we met last Sunday, has been called to coach women's basketball at BYU!!

I got on line that morning and got busy buying this apron.  Then after work (I got off a bit early for the Hoedown in Delta) I ran and bought another apron and a vest for Dad, as well as my first pioneer dress from White Elegance.  I can't believe we're 10 days away from our first trek.  (Trevor and Nell gave me a Sunbonnet, and another apron for my birthday, so I'll be well outfitted.)

At the Hoedown that night, Dad met up with a former work associate from his days at Maceys. Russell Wright.

Afterwards there was dinner,

At the Mi Rancherito there.

Charlie's ballet lessons are clearly keeping her on her toes.





I got a huge kick out of Emily's post this week.
And how fun is this collage Dad made of Davin and his family posed at the same spot hiking, over several years.
On Saturday I did some garaging and bought these short pickets from the Ekins' Garage sale.

Then it was off to the Park Cafe by Liberty Park for a belated Birthday lunch for me.

Lots of fun pics.


We were quite a crowd, though we missed Brady who was not feeling well, and Ashley's family who were otherwise engaged.

I love Eleanore's dinosaur purse.  It was shimmery and caught the light when she moved.

The cafe served breakfast and lunch  and we had Yippy Hippy Vegan Hash ... yeah, we're cool and old school like that.

J. Scott and I hold hands to show of our bracelets, his was made by Penny and mine was made by Eleanor.

The adult table.

The cutest kids table ever.  Something about it reminds me of a scene from Dan in Real Life. So love these guys.

After lunch we got to do some home time with these littles.

Such a long day.

Loved these before and after pics of a gardening project Briahnna and Dave recently did.




Today we drove up to Draper to see Addey Blasser as she returned home from her mission.  She is shown with me in the lower right picture.  She was one of the missionaries that had the same name as one of our grand kids.  If you recall at one time there was a missionary with the same name (Either first or middle)  as each of our kids or grands. The top pic is Dad, Nick Larson, Kate Petersen, and Spencer Woolley.  The lower left is Alyssa Plant.

We got home and did some dinner prep for company who were coming, and I ran off at 12;00 to attend a Relief Society Activities committee meeting.

Then the Jaynes family came to dinner at 1:00  They have been in the ward for four years, and we have loved them, regretting that we weren't here for a year and a half of their time.  They will be moving back to Virginia this summer, which wounds me, because he is an amazing Sunday School teacher, and those are few and far between in my experience.  The really good one before him passed away a couple of years ago, and the great one before that moved with his family to Texas., something like 10 years ago. Arrrrgggg. Something about wanting his sons to be born in Texas so they could be Texas Rangers, or something.

Sister Howse, next to me, is a widow in our ward who they have befriended. Such a wonderful family. 

Their kids were good for a house tour, and this young man tried out the fainting couch, just like my friend Keith.

Their daughter Emma loved Emily's swing.  They were all amazed to know that my 12 year old daughter saw a need and built it.


And speaking of that former 12 year old, I loved this post she made of Bennie nurturing in the nursery.

We have had so much fun this week.  Thanks to all of you who had a part in making it a delight.  In particular Brittany for hosting our quickie trip to Idaho, and Darby for planning my birthday lunch yesterday.  Dad always reminds me that I have amazing children, and yes, I truly do, thank you all for a wonderful birthday season.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment