Sunday, April 11, 2021

Antiquing from Texas to Idaho


On Monday we waited until Emily's kids had gone to school before heading home. I found a couple of  antique stores to check out on the way home.

This was the third store and the only one where I bought anything.

They had great displays, and were housed in an amazing historic building.

I found a yellowware bowl with green glaze, for which I had looked for the whole time I was in Texas.

I loved this horse, but it was a little spendy for my budget.

This is the outside of the Nat Antique store,   It was built in the 1920s as a swimming pool, then later a dance floor was put over the pool, and it became a dance hall.  I loved the place and will definitely stop in Amarillo on future trips to see Emily.

Next we met up with the Summers at the Cadillac Ranch, just west of Amarillo, they were on their way to Texas as we left Texas.  We got there just as this Cadillac shed its inch thick layer of paints.

Here's the gang.


The Summers sign is my handiwork.

The layers of paint looked like stalactites. 

The kids even got into the fun of spray painting. 


The paint was so thick it had become sculptural, adding dimension, like it does here on the hubcap.



My classic, Paula Loves Scott More. though I have to admit that Dad altered it before we left.

How cute is this!


I thought this looked like one of those pictures they take at the height of a ride at Disneyland.

Here is Reagan inside of one of the Caddies.



Then it was time to say goodbye, Maddie wanted one last picture with us.  I think the kids will always remember this weird encounter in the middle of the desert in Texas. 

This gas station sign made me laugh.

We got home Tuesday Evening and Dad headed up to work at Darby's house. I did various chores and errands, and then I was able to go to Robin's soon to be daughter-in-law's wedding shower on Wednesday evening.

Here's Robin with her Mom behind.

and Teri Quigg with Robin's daughters-in-law, Melody and Ginger behind.

This is Christopher and Ginger's daughter Lily.  Her mom had fixed her hair the way it will be at the wedding this weekend.  She's eleven, and is such a little lady,

On Thursday morning I went walking with my friend Tina, and we saw this owl at the cemetery.

Then we ran into other ladies from the ward who had been walking earlier, and had come back to take pictures of the owl.

At work that day I saw this cute bear dressed in an antique baby dress.  That night Dad and I were able to take two lovely widows in the ward out for Mexican food.  The one sister is fairly new to the ward, and we are trying to help her meet others.  It was really fun, and we want to do it again.

Friday Dad ran up to Salt Lake to do some Handyman stuff for our favorite realtor, who was out of town, as you know, and had a client who needed promised handyman services, while her regular guy was tied up. 

We left at 5 A.M. on Saturday and headed to Idaho, where we met up in Pocatello to see Charlie's dance competition.

Here she dances her personal program to the music of the old classic, Sugar Shack.

Here she is dancing in a team piece called queen bee.

I thought it was fun when we saw a Darby street there in Pocatello too.

Charlie isn't the only one who got to wear a crown either.  I love these old face boards.  This one was in an antique store I visited after the performances, before heading to Boise. 

I love the displays at Vain and Vintage, this was our second time to visit.

On our way out of town I saw this fun store, but we didn't have time to stop. 

On Sunday, Mike's birthday, he made a nice breakfast for all of us.  The kids loved it.



Happy Birthday Chef Mike!
Then we all went to the river walk along the Boise River, which was beautiful.

Charlie got to ride most of the walk, but the dog walked most of the way, and loved it.

I thought this sculptural chair was fun.

It was so fun to get to know the boys a little better.  We were awestruck with how old 18 year old Kai looks.

How cute is this?



Sunday afternoon I went with Brittany while Charlie  had a private lesson. 


When we got home Mike had fixed us amazing curry for dinner.  He's really getting into cooking, evidently, and it was fun to see how his kids love working with him.  

It was a lovely week, and we got to see three sets of grandchildren, including both sets of our out of state grands. It can't get much better than that?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment