Thursday, February 21, 2019

Having Heart Before Italy

The partial week before we headed to Italy seemed to be all about Valentines, as we would be out of the country for Valentines.  First thing Monday I went to Carol's house with our We Can group to make Valentines for nursing homes. This is Sandy and Carol, hard at work. 


 Here are some of the hundred Valentines that would be made to distribute. I had to leave before lunch, because we were to meet ...
for lunch with some senior missionaries with whom we served.  The sister next to me served in the office before we got there.

This is Vivian Sullivan and Rowene Vest, the Sullivans were in the Temple, when we were there.

Here we all are.  The Ericksons were in town from Virginia, which occasioned our get together.

 On Tuesday Morning I put together these pots of mushrooms.  I'd see a set of them that Mary Engelbreit had put on Instagram and loved them. Of course I had the elements, so it was quick and easy.

 I also made some Valentines for my ministering sisters.
 and put them in goody bags, including one for my partner, and one for one of Dad's ministering sisters, that we visited later in the week when I passed out my goody bags.
I got off in time to go to the temple with Arlene, for whom I had also made a goody bag.  Here we are at Zuppas. It was, sadly, my first time to go to the temple since the recent changes, which was nice for me.

 Afterward I hit some second hand stores and ran into my friend Kim.
 ... and while I was having so much fun, Dad was serving others.  Yep, sounds like Dad, huh.  He put in these can lights for Spencer and Brit.
He also worked on tearing up carpet and tearing out this free standing closet in the entry area of their new condo.
He worked on that until it was time to go and babysit for Becca.

 Where I joined him last thing that day.
 I worked on Wednesday, and like how this display of plates came together.  Not sure anyone else will love these tomato plates, but I do.
Here's my large Asian salad I made for lunch.  It sort of surprises me how much I am liking these designer salads.
Dad spent another day working at Spencer's house.

I was off to work again on Thursday.  I put together this collage of Treasures dealers, which was kind of fun.  Dad worked his normal temple shift, and then we delivered my valentines bags, and visiter his ministering sister.  There was plenty of time that night because we stayed up all night and packed.

So that was the week before .... we flew out early in the morning on Friday, and I will be blogging the trip in two posts.  You won't believe how many pictures there are ... well, you know me, so maybe you do.  XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment