Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Week the Balcony Railing Got Done!


It was another slow week for us.  We took it easy on Monday.  Dad spent a lot of the day organizing his shed.  He found that he had four sets of those little drawers for screws and the like and was able to fill all of them.  This is a picture of the little drawer that he used to gather all his brackets, pretty amazing.

That night we drove to SLC to take this kid to dinner for his birthday, which was last week.  Of course we loved that.
Literally read all day Tuesday.  I for one reason or another have four books out from our library, that are due this week.  I was also behind on my Book of Mormon reading schedule, which meant I need to be to page 90 by the end of July, and was only on page 50.  Then Carolyn brought me the book for our book club to be held Thursday, and I tried to read it quickly (500 pages) to get it to another member.  arrggg.  I did end up finishing The Shell Seekers, which I loved, by that night.  I love Rosamund Piltcher.  She tucks in such cool details of life in England.  You should look up what a 'Wendy House' is, I did.
I did take out time to watch Dan in Real Life, with Dad, one of our favorites, that evening.

 On Wednesday I posted a couple of left overs from the garage sale last week, and then I
 took several other things into work, like this tree surround.
and while in the yard, I took pictures of red and rusty stuff, to do a collage for #fjnine on Instagram.  One of my favorite nines.



After work I hurried to our ward pioneer day party at the Benjamin Park.  We had a great time getting to know more members of the ward, and are definitely feeling more connected.


On Thursday I got up and made myself a Finnish breakfast.  The meal was introduced to us at a Young Single Adult dinner.  A poached egg, and avacado and tomatoes on toast.  I did WW toast, but otherwise it was pretty authentic.  I ground on lots of Finnish lemon-pepper, and was a little sad, because its almost gone, and the Ground Lemon-pepper from Trader Joe's isn't as yummy.

I attended a ward book club that day, (Dad was at the temple) and got to meet a few more ward members.  It was fun.  I invited one sister, who said she loves to read, to my Elk Ridge Book Club that night, that I was hosting.
 Here she is on the left,
We had a ball, as always.


On Friday, I watered my flowers and garden, as always, but thought my Squash box looked great and snapped a pic.  The vines going up the structure are morning glory, I can't wait for them to bloom.
On Friday, Dad did the impossible by repairing my fancy mail box.  He was about to toss it in the garbage, and thought of a way to fix it.  It had a fancy cast iron post before, but after being hit by a car one too many times, it no longer held together.  Dad used a great black PVC pipe here, Isn's he a smarty pants?
While I was at work on Saturday, he got sod and filled in the grass areas out on the park strips on both streets.  Don't they look good?



He also worked with our neighbor Bryan in getting the fencing and posts up to the balcony off our room, that he is installing.

This had happened some earlier in the week too, but I caught the second to the last of the fence sections going up here.
 We are so excited.  This shows it with three of the four fence sections Saturday night.

On Sunday I went to church and got a calling.  I am so excited.  I'm now the secretary to the Young Women.

When we got home we knew that Bryan, whose not active in the church, would want to finish the railing off.  We talked about it and decided that we shouldn't dictate our values to him.
 So here it is, signed, sealed and delivered.
Thanks Bryan, you did a fabulous job.  We love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment