Sunday, July 8, 2018

Fishing and Birthday Wishing (America and Adi)




What a week ... more fun with parties, holidays and fishing.

It started on Monday with a tea party in the garden house ... Bekie had been lobbying for one since we were in Texas.

Grandpa made the brownies.
 Dad got ready for his fishing trip with Sam the next day, buying his first fishing license in five years.



That night we carried out the plans we'd made at Becca's house after Mac's blessing to go to dinner and to see the new Jurassic world.

Here we are at an Italian place before the movie ...




I surprisingly (spoiler alert) loved the movie, especially the part where dinosaurs are romping though a huge historic house.



On Tuesday I went with Emily and the kids up Payson's main street.  A stopped at a picture sale at a framing place, while the kids sat outside the Barbershop Dad where Dad gets his haircuts.

Bekie shows off her dollar from the tooth fairy ... notice the 'peoples' in her teeth, or is it spelled Peep Holes.
 There was icecream at Eli's in Payson's original library building, where I got to talk to the former husband of the building owner, who had worked with her on renovating it.  She showed me through the whole amazing building soon after the divorce, when she wanted me to bring fleaology there to set up a store.  Now one of their boys runs the ice cream parlor, while another runs the game store downstairs.  So fun.



Then we spent time playing at the park.




Next we walked to the library where we ran into Jill Wilson from the ward.
 Then back home again, where Bekie is shown gifting some flag art to Abby.  She's such an artist.  I love having artistic grandchildren.




Meanwhile up at Payson Lakes Dad and Sam were bonding over fishing poles.  They had great luck, or as Sam would say 'skill and power bait'.

People all around watched them catch fish after fish. Sam caught nine and Dad caught three, but none were big enough to be keepers.  (On Monday Sam and Emily took the kids and they brought me home some big ones.)





On Wednesday, the Fourth of July, the fisher boys met up with Spencer at 5 A.M. to go fishing in the Uintahs.  Spencer caught the only two fish, but they got in a lot of hiking and Dad got to relive his childhood, fishing in the Uintahs with his Dad and Gramps.

Sam said he'd never heard Dad talk so much, as he reminisced about his child hood trips.

I was off to work, at Treasure's, so Emily and the kids were left to go shopping for our small gathering for a BBQ and fireworks that night.
Good times make good memories.





Sam had fun lighting off all the fireworks after the BBQ that night.  I had Madi on my lap much of the time, and she kept pointing to the surrounding fireworks.  The weather was warm and we had a great evening.



I dropped Dad off at the temple on Thursday, so he could do a double shift and I could pick him up after my day of work. 

Emily's family packed up and headed to Idaho. Thursday was also Adi sixth birthday.  She is so fun, and we went shopping for her birthday on Friday, along with getting things for Tami's nee' Heuer's baby shower.
 We also got really cheap flowers, which I need to fill in my garden area as I am hosting a tea party and garden tour in a couple of weeks.  Yikes.  Dad and I walked Friday morning and came home to spend a couple of hours in the garden.  Don't you love how my new kitchen run matches the flowers I was buying?
 After all that fun, its not surprising that Dad caught me napping after dinner.



Meanwhile, our corner has been torn up all week.  We've had huge tractors in front of the house, and trenching going on across 2nd north, thankfully.  The flooding hasn't been fun.  The new huge cement pipes will be able to do what the much smaller pvc pipes have never managed.

On Saturday Dad got in a run, before we spent four hours working in the garden.  Its nice that its mostly shaded.  Its been fun spending that time together. 

Then I was off to Tami's baby shower, while Dad added a fan to our attic vent ... go, go, go Dad!
 How cute is the decor for Tami's baby shower.  I loved it.
 Tami has been so sick that she has to have a feeding tube.  She's had lots of issues with this pregnancy, and Robert has been wonderful,




How fun is this poutie selfie... This is Tami's youngest step daughter, her older sister is next to Tami in the upper picture.  Barb tried to get her to smile but she kept doing this funny pout, so we followed suite.
Ginger made the cute diaper cake that Robin is holding, then there's Teri, Tami Barb and me.

Today I spent the morning working on a birthday gift for one of the grands, then it was off to church.  It seems like between homecomings, trips and a baby blessing (yeah Mac) that we have only attended our ward about once a month since we've been home.  It is fun to get to know people, but it still feels like I know so few of them.  After Relief Society I had a girl greet me and tell me that she knows me better than I know her.  Her name is Becky Bagly and she says that she went to school with Becca and Emily AND she knows Sister Nordeen, who is one of our missionaries who lived in our building, and had dinner at our apartment a few times.  How fun is that?

Well its been a great week, and we are looking forward to cousin camp this week.  Emily said she's afraid I've bitten off more than I can chew and has offered to come help.  Wish me well.


No comments:

Post a Comment