Monday, June 25, 2018

Bee Crafting, Yard Projects and Missionaries

Monday started slow, I walked with LaVern, so our study time started late, and we didn't go down for breakfast until 11.  We spent most of the day shopping, which we always put off until we have a deadline.  With craft day the next day I had to get things at hobby lobby to complete the banner kits I was putting together for everyone.
 Our craft was pots covered with rope to look like bee skeps.  

This is mine.
Meanwhile Dad was at home leveling the corner of the lot.  We've always hated the little rise, that was mostly the shards of the stone left from when the house was built, covered with a little dirt.  Yeah Dad.

 On my way home from craft group I stopped at DI, and found these sweet school chairs in the colors of our little family room.  They will be perfect during cousin camp when we watch movies.


On Wednesday after walking with Ginny, she sent me home with a giant lettuce.  The funny thing is that I stopped and talked to both Leslie Petty and later Dana DeWitt, and neither of them said a thing.  Too funny.
 Meanwhile Britt and Mike's family were doing a river run.

At work, that day, I made up my bee  banner kit.
Dad, meanwhile was helping a crew out of Santequin take the cedar tree in the front yard that was leaning towards the house.  Yeah!!

On Thursday I looked up this graphic so I could redo my former 'fleology' sign...

So, you see, my garden house is beeing taken over …..  bbbbzzzz
Dad had his third big project for the week … he added antique fence sections to the surround that was covered by chicken wire at the entrance to the apartment. 

 Trevor et al went to see Scott play tennis. 
 Sooo, on Friday, we washed and hung out the sheets on the big guest room bed in anticipation of Emily and Sam's visit this coming week.  Yes, I'm loving my clothes line.
Also that day, I headed to the antique mall to finish moving out of the north mall completely.  Then Patti and Lauri picked me up and we went out for Mexican.





That night we drove up to Morgan for Juhannus (mid summer celebration) at the London's.  It was fun to visit and catch up with our mission friends and to meet Finns we hadn't previously known.


 On Saturday we had invited the local returned missionaries for a BBQ, and managed to get three of the twelve from out of town.  Yeah  
Here we are with the Vests


Here's the crew.


On Sunday we packed our bags for our week in Tahoe, then drove to Heber for Sister Olsen's homecoming.

After the homecoming we got in the car and drove to Tahoe arriving a little after 10:00!  Randy came out to greet us, we were the last too arrive.  All three couples had driven
separately, and both beat us there by hours.  We were so wide eyed and busy tailed that we all played a game before falling into bed.

and that was our week … crafting …. projects ….. missionaries.



No comments:

Post a Comment