Wednesday, August 10, 2016

SLC to San Antonio to SLC to Pasadena

This week was a gap week, spent mainly preparing for our tri-yearly family reunion. 

On Monday I had my check up after my knee and ankle procedure a couple of weeks ago.  I did some junking in Salt Lake and ...
Finished up the day with our annual BBQ at Kews for ....
Our family home evening group. 
On Tuesday I worked ... It was one of three days, the result of day trades to free up our reunion week.   My friend Jann stopped by, which was fun. I negotiated better prices for these suitcases that she's using for a festival if trees tree. 


Wednesday morning I walked alone as Ginny had grands sleeping over. I walked to the park hoping to capture Pokemon. I found they were setting up for the Tour of Utah bike race. How do I look as a cyclist. 
Then I worked the day while Ashley was busy driving  Dad to the airport to fly down to Texas and drive back with Emily and her kids. (Sam's back won't allow long drives)  here's how Abbie managed the long trip.  Dad arrived in San Antonio at 5:30 and Emily and the kids picked him up at the airport and headed straight back to Utah, non stop. 
I worked again Thursday. Dad and Emily and crew got back in the afternoon, but I went straight to PG to pick up Eva for the Hale play. 
Becca's kids were there too, as she was helping them with some small projects they needed so their buyers could get the house with an FHA loan. 

We saw Peter Pan. 
Here Eva with Wendy!! 
And me argging with my favorite of the Pirates. 
On Friday Dad and I went to Margaret Sevy's funeral. 
We picked up Dad's car from Ashley's house and got this picture of Ian!  He so tall!! And handsome!! 
That night we went went to the Salmon Super.  

Bekie and I caught Pokemon. I asked Bekie if I could get a picture with the pony (Pointa) on her head. She said yes and put up her plastic horse she was carrying.  Do many things we ask kids to do seem rediculous and they do them anyway?  
The governor came to the Salmon Super ...
I talked to his wife about the UDOT proposal to tear down our house .... 
We ran into the Roderigues ... And talked about their son's  mission!! 
That night Bekie got to sleep in the red polkadot bed she'd  been talking about since her Skyped house tour. 
On Saturday we (me, Dad, Darby, Ben, Hannah and Cheryl headed to St George where we dropped Cheryl with Rick and Wendi for the duration of our mission.   

Cheryl hugged me and said she'd miss us and she loves us and she's thankful for how good we've been to her.  It made me cry. 
In California now, at Panda Express, my first time!!  We stayed near Pasadena, as we planned to go to the flea market at Pasadena City College the next morning. 
Here we are at the flea, dressed for church immediately  after. 
I met this nice lace seller.  I'd worn this red dress that's not to flattering because it travels well and I figured we wouldn't see anyone I know at Church. 
Then it was off to church where, of course, we ran into Luisa and Patrick. He was visiting the Ward we attended, as the New Stake President. How fun is that?? 
They invited us to their cool New England style craftsman home, built by a New England sea captain around 1920. Dinner was fun and their home is enchanting.   

After that we headed to the beach to reclaim Ben and Hannah, whom Briahnna had picked up for a day at the beach. She also picked up Darby who decided to stay on and go to Disneyland with everone on Monday.  
Here are Trevor's and Brittany's kids at the beach. 
We got a chance to see these grands at Chronic Taco where we picked Ben and Hannah  up. 
Cute boy!! 
We also got texts from Ginny and Steve Kew  with info on our new Ward boundaries ...  Here it is. We are  mostly 2 blocks by 9 blocks, about a third of the Ward we knew is chopped off and we were added to a new ward. Lots of new people to meet, a new bishop, but with a mission looming we won't get new callings, sadly.   

So that was our week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment