Sunday, July 11, 2021

Here and There and Everywhere

This week our family was scattered to the four winds, while we made connections that included Finland, California, Wyoming, India, Alaska, Japan, Africa, Hawaii, Mexico, Idaho, Florida and Texas. 

And what a way to start a week.  Dad got picked up at 6 A.M. to run the Freedom Festival race.  He is shown here with Mark Caron, who is married to one of the Barnett girls here in town.  She was walking the race with one of her children, who happened to be gimpy, so Dad never saw her.
My friend Cheryl, who gave Dad the bib to run, took a video of him running, and here's a screen shot.

It took some doing for me to get to the place to pick him up after the race, as 9th East was closed for the parade.  It was fun to see how close we were getting to each other on my Find Me ap as we walked toward each other.


Dad worked on filling the garbage can with trimmings from the wisteria that is attempting to take over the world.  We got no blooms this year, and trimming it is supposed to help.  It had climbed the antenna wire to the top of the roof, and had gotten so heavy it had fallen off, blocking the door to the back of the family room.  That was fun.  Go Scott Go.

My projects included repainting my patio chairs.  The things are so heavy neither Dad nor I wanted to haul them down to the grass to paint, so I flipped the rug over, and hung a sheet on the railing to protect it, and it worked. Voila!!

I also painted a small dresser that in going into the antique mall soon.


I stole cute pics from social media all week, of my grands doing fun things.  Here are Van and Cam with their other grandparents in Wyoming.


This was a memory that came up on my phone from 2 years ago.  These three little boys were my three youngest grands at the time, now of course Cam holds that title.

My Finnish Friend Stina stopped by the antique mall, though I didn't get to see them there, here are her two oldest daughters Sonja and Sophie in front of my booth, which includes the Finnish sweater with sailboats.

I had some friends over on Tuesday, who had seen my pictures from my craft group last week, who wanted to make the same craft.  Since it was impromptu, and I had promised to do a craft with Addie this summer, she came to craft with us.  Here she is clowning with her 'hat'.

This is her finished project.

Two of my friends, Wendy and Ann finished their projects, but not until after Dad had left to take Addie home.

These are the pictures Dad printed off for us to use, you can see which one I chose.

Nancy, didn't manage to finish hers, she is shown on the right here, but we all had fun chatting and sharing a pot luck lunch. Another friend, Denise, had cancelled at the last minute.  

When Dad was taking Addie home, or rather to meet up with her family at the library, his car wouldn't start afterward.  Briahnna jumped Dad and he drove directly to Napa auto parts in Payson, where he took out his battery, and they tested it for him.  He bought a new one and installed it right there ... He said that we are so blessed when we have car problems, because they always seem to happen where we can get help (Briahnna) and take care of the problem safely. 

That night, after Dad took off for his presidency meeting, I got to watch the Pecks opening their mission call. Stan is the one who sheet rocked our master suite because Dad had just had shoulder surgery.

So did some 70 other people.  They have lots of friends ... they were called to go to Sierra Leone in West Africa.  They had asked to go to Africa, so they were super excited. The man upper left said that he was born there, and he was also very excited.

Cute pictures posted of Van in Wyoming that his Aunt Angela posted.

He's in the middle here with cousins from Brittney's side.

These cute kids are having fun in both Disneys this month.



This is what Davin's family did this week.

On Wednesday I was off to work, while Dad headed to Darby's for a day of playing Bob the Builder.  I thought this young man was super cute, and asked if I could take a picture of him checking out swords.

This woman and her husband sponsor Geezerfest in Springville.  She had seen the dentures here last year, and thought they would make a great prop.  Geezerfest is an event where local bands from the 70's and 80's get back together to play rock and roll ... they started it in their yard ten years ago, and now they have more than 40 bands that come to play.  I love it. I wish I could go, but its the Saturday I'll be off with the girls for a weekend retreat. 

and speaking of Geezers, this guy took me out to dinner after work on Thursday, after his temple shift. 

We love Tadka, our local Indian Restaurant.

Builder Bob talked me into going to Salt Lake with him, so he could work on Darby's place again on Friday.

I, of course, went junking.  I ran into a guy at DI who was wearing a shirt with Darby's name emblazoned on it.  

He said he had no idea what that meant, which I get, he shops at DI, just like me.  I remember as a teenager, my favorite shirt was from a sports team, and I had no idea what it meant until someone told me it was the name of the team at a local Catholic School. 

I didn't spend the whole day junking though.  I tried to get some Bento boxes at Asian City, a store in West Valley City, with no luck, by the way, but heck there were super cute chop sticks.  Then I  hit Trader Joe's and went to visit with Nina in Cottonwood Heights.  That was fun.  Look at the beautiful quilt she won in a raffle!!

I stopped when I saw that the round buildings of Brighton High have been torn down and a more traditional school is being built.  Spencer was our only child to attend there, and he just went for one trimester. 

On my way back to Darby's house I checked out this cute store called House to Home.

I loved their fun decor, they had great horse paintings, and lots of bunny decor, I did adopt a bunny. 

We all headed to Market Street Grill to see our favorite waitress.  They are short staffed, like everywhere, with half the wait staff they normally have, so they were turning away people without a reservation.  Luckily for us we knew someone.


Ashley thought it was hilarious that I was taking her picture.

One thing I miss about being veganish, (OK, Ian, I mean pescatarian) is that I miss eating horse radish on prime rib.  I know they serve PR there and asked Ashley for some horseradish, it was amazing on the broiled salmon.  I am super excited. 




These folks finished up their time in Hawaii.  I admit, I am sort of jealous.

On Saturday Dad got up early again to go fly fishing with Dallas and Darby.  Even though they were up above Midway on the Provo river,  it was still pretty hot.  They walked in over three miles, and I had been sorely tempted to go, but my friend Bruce was having an antique sale, then I hit a few others, and ended up with a van full.  When I stopped to dropped off some metal furniture pieces for my outside booth at the antique mall, I talked to the manager about opening another booth there.  The only one available, (and only to a dealer already in the mall) was the 'store' booth, one owned by the mall and filled with misplaced, or abandoned items from dealers who have left.  Not the best stuff, and they figured they can make more off it collecting rent.  There just has not been anyone willing to deal with the merchandise in it and the display pieces ... so guess what Dad and I will be doing this coming week.  Hopefully I'll have some good before and after shots for next week.

After a full day of fishing, they headed to Lupita's Valley in Midway for Mexican food.  Dad git a vegetarian fajita.  Yum, 

Here we are today in Highland at Samara Worthen's homecoming.  Note that Dad is wearing his Marimekko tie, in the colors of the Finnish flag.


We went to the band concert in the park, and they were having guest conductors.  I thought this little girl was just adorable.

Here she is with the concert spokesman, Kenton Phillips, they are about to bow together.  He is the High Priest Group Leader in our ward, so this is who Dad serves with as the secretary of the Elders Quorum.

I also recognized my sister-in-law Nina's sister LeNae, who lives here in Payson, she is in the turquoise shirt, and to the right in the tan pants is her brother Doug.  I thought that was fun.

We  hope you are all enjoying spending time with friends and family as well. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment