Sunday, March 7, 2021

Stars Upon Thars and Rainbows too.


First thing Monday, we played golf with the Smiths, which is always fun.
Then we took our third oldest daughter out to lunch for having no cavities at her last check up ... it was sort of a joke.  She'd posted on FB, that being a Mom sucked when it came to going to the dentist.  Her kids got lunch out for having perfect checkups. So Dad stepped up and made it happen.

We had a great lunch and a lot of fun over-tipping our wait staff.  Yep, when your kids wait tables, that just what you do.

And just for reference, here we are at the same restaurant for her birthday, while we were in the MTC, note Dad's Missionary name badge.

Afterwards, we stoped by the old stomping grounds, where Dad used to manage, and where Ashley worked in the Bakery for years.  We picked up some goodies for Aunt Cheryl there ...

because our next stop was visiting Aunt Cheryl.

On the way home from Ashley's we stopped at the dollar store to get goodies to make up Dr. Suess Birthday Parties in a bag for our local grands. The bags all had stars upon thars, to quote everyone's favorite Sneetches story.


On the way to lunch with Dad's triple cousins in Springville for more Mexican food, we stopped at Dave and Bri's to drop off their party bag.  Fortunately for them they were all up at the Children's museum at Thanksgiving Point for Addie's Class.

Dad and these two cousins were all born within three weeks of each other. Karen still lives in Mapleton, and Jerry, coincidentally, lives in our ward now.  We've been getting together for the last fivish years.

Here Dad is at Ashley's for delivery.

Ashley showed us this Suess quote she keeps in her living room. 

She also posted this Suess cake she'd made to celebrate his birthday.


Next on the list was a run to the church office building to deliver Finnish chocolate to the travel people we have worked with, and who have done such miracles, literally, for us in these times of covid. I thought this pose perfectly illustrates, how Dad holds my whole world in his hands.

Here were are with Sister Marsh, she will make sure the two others who are working from home will get their well earned chocolate.

I bought a print of this painting by LDS painter Rose Datocdall, a few weeks ago, how fun to see this huge print.  I've followed her on IG for years.  Such a talented woman.

Afterwards we walked over around the reconstruction site, and saw this old photo,

and took this equally fun new photo of the current scaffoldings. 

Next Spencer got their party bag.

  
Mr. Mac wasn't too sure about their party bag ... but I loved that he was wearing a Dr. Suess shirt.

Eleanor took possession of their family's party.

Of course as we talked about Suess, and dropped the bags off, everyone had something to say about the Suess Foundation's decision to stop printing four of his books, which have been deemed offensive to minorities.  None of the so called 'banned books' are favorites, and they are earlier books, when the culture he lived in was different.  This is the only one of the books that we actually own.  I only have it because its his first book.

I asked everyone to share pictures of their families as they did the activities in the bag. So I thought I would share them here, since this is my journal. The Summers.

Titan's Cat in the Hat.  Well done.

Reagan with another Suess character.

Madi's/

Silly putty noses, what could be more Suessish?

Reagan's makeover.

At Trevor's house.

Penny Perkins P Page.

Way to go Lu!

The silly putty egg works too.

Is that a wart on your Silly Putty nose Lu?

Van appears to be impressed with his funky sucker.

Here he is seriously working on his work book, with his pixie stick beside him, contents in the cat (in the hat?) bowl.

On Wednesday I was off to work.  A mother-in-law with her D-I-L came in and the younger woman bought the crown for her.  I thought that was the sweetest thing. They were so nice to take a picture of me wearing it.
I took this picture for an IG page, which evidently caught the attention of an international fisher.  I had bought it in Finland and had no idea what it meant, I just knew it wasn't Finnish.  Well this person, claimed to be a woman living in NJ, and said its Hungarian and said 'she' was from there living in the USA and wanted to buy it.  I sent my Paypal addy, and an hour later got an alert that someone had entered my account from a different place.  I could click here to change my password, to protect my account.  It really looked legit.  But I went into Paypal from another way, and found nothing had been touched.  Nice try spammer.  Anyway it really was Hungarian, so I messaged my friend Gyula in Finland, and he told me it means fourth floor.  I thought that was kind of cool.

While I was having fun at work on Wednesday and Thursday, Dad was having fun at Darby's, where he got the closets for both of the basement bedrooms framed.


On Friday we went to the Optometrist to get me a prescription so I can see the speaker at the stand in church.  Here I am trying on Dad's glasses.

I've been working on a sour dough starter for almost two weeks, and finally made a loaf of bread.  It didn't raise too high, but it was chewy and sour, just like we like it.  There will be future attempts.

On Saturday Dad had an idea to move the queen mattress that is sometimes used on the bed in the apartment, out of the way.  No matter where we have moved it, it has blocked access to something.  Isn't he clever, even though he did say it was probably a hillbilly way of handling it. Now we just hope the roof won't leak, right?

A big even happened on Saturday when Reagan got baptized.  Here she is waiting for the last guest to arrive.  I thought it was cute how her Dad is running his fingers through her hair.  She looks so content. And how adorable is Madi?


Eva sat by me, with her family behind.  That was fun.


Look at this great black and white picture.



Here is everyone who came to support Reagan, except the Bishop who is taking the pictures, and well, one small run away.
Who me?

Here we are with all of Trevor and Nell's kids.

We drove two of Becca's kids home, so Becca and Brady could drive a couple of Reagan's friends home after the baptism.  I loved how her primary class had celebrated with her, making her rainbow pictures. (After the baptism song about seeing rainbows after rain)

and notes on cards that were attached.  Here we see Titan reading a few of them.

I guess I have grands that are as sun shy as I am.

How beautiful is she?

Titan spins one of the pin wheels as Reagan reads her notes.

Becca took us over to see their newest renovation.  Their latest rental is in a nearby neighborhood, which will make things easier.

Dad spoiled me by dropping by DI on the way home, where I ran into my friend Lyn.  

That day I saw a post with Sister Peterson from our first mission and thought it was Sister Pluim from our second mission.  Silly me, so I did this side by so I could see they don't look that much alike.

But these two, Sister Hancock, and one of the newest missionaries, look so much alike I get seriously confused, though I have not met the second missionary.  She didn't arrive until after we left.

and speaking of missionaries, look who dropped by to see us that night.  Bridger Kimball and Amy Gilliat just added the frosting to the cake for a perfect day.

Here they are out on the balcony.  We had such a fun chat, they had driven down to Payson to see the grotto, and had hiked a bit in the canyon.  They knew we lived on Main Street and just drove around until they found us.  How fun is that?

After church I grabbed a photo of me with some very special friends in the ward, Tyla, Melia and Cheryl.

Here's Dad with dinner ... (See Spencer, I told you we eat our Brussels sprouts the same way.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment