Sunday, February 21, 2021

The cutest Grand Kids and More

And this is how our week started, a bit like being in Finland.  We met with the Smiths to play games, 10 A.M. for us and 7 P.M. for them.  You may note all the Pioneer Womanish dishes that I have laid out on the dining room table, ready for pricing, that didn't happen until Saturday. 

Afterwards Dad went out to get the mail and saw that we had been Heart Attacked, probably on Saturday or Sunday, but we go out through the garage, so didn't notice.  How nice is that?

Then I dropped Dad off to work with Darby on her basement.  I snapped this great shot of myself, with a wrinkle star on my neck when I was making a one year congrats video to our friend Tom in Finland on the occasion of the first anniversary of his baptism.  I was sitting in a thrift store parking lot at the time. Its hard to believe its been a year, but his was the last baptism we attended before Covid made them all private affairs.

Then I headed to Capitol City Antiques down town, this is my friend and former fleaology associate, Cathie's booth there, I heard that she now works a day or two a week.  She is just so talented.
While I was shopping Phil Lewis called, to say he had gotten a book I had sent him when I was using up all my stamps in Finland.  We had a nice chat, and when he asked to facetime, and saw that I was shopping, he ended the conversation.  But it was super fun to talk to him about our hopes to drive up one day this summer, and spend a couple of nights with Britt in Boise, before heading to British Columbia after the borders are open for a nice visit.  We are looking forward to seeing the Butchart Gardens in BC that we missed when we went to pick up Spencer. 

I thought this dealer's robots were a lot of fun,

I also really liked this display of chef salt and pepper shakers.  I was so tempted to buy the COOK letters, and paint them red and put them up on the brick wall over the window in the kitchen, but I resisted.  I really am trying to not go too over the top.

Then I hurried to meet Dad and Darby at IKEA to have dinner there.  I had the veggie meat balls, Darby had the other kind of meat balls.

We hope this coming week to op at IKEA on our way home from a day of Darby helping, to buy ourselves new pans ... I know, I know, I have loved my cast aluminum pans so much I gave back a beautiful set of pans once ... now I am convinced that aluminum pan cooking may contribute to Alzheimer's. ... I may be slow, but I can be taught.

Next we headed to Becca's which would be our home away from home for most of the week. This is their new kitchen.

We would be watching these munchkins while their parents attended a Keller-Williams Real Estate conference in Moab.

Darby who is missing human contact as she works and does schooling on line, came by for some munchkin snuggling.

The munchkins seemed to enjoy it too.


On Tuesday, Dad and I ran down to the house to work on some projects there, after we came back we fed the kids, played with paper airplanes, and told Sarditart stories.

As well as some group hugging.  Man Mac's hair has a mind of its own.

I thought the girls Minni shirts deserved a picture of their own.

On Wednesday I had my first day back at work.  It was so crazy, and sort of tiring, since I am not used to the routine.  Many things about the routine there have changed, like taking my temperature and texting a picture of it to the boss.  We also wear masks all day, and require them of customers.  We sanitize continually, and keep space between ourselves and our customers. 

 
Dad finished up putting a floor in the bottom of the sink cabinet in the basement apartment, since that is one thing the restorationists missed. It took Dad the better part of two days to get it all done.

The next day he got the new cupboard doors on the storage spaces in our bedroom painted, since we had used the doors from our above sink cabinet in the kitchen for this use.  Then needed them to cover the new draining cupboard.  Fortunately we had this set of new cabinet doors, that had been left behind by renters at some point, kicking around the garage ... see sometimes it pays to save junk.

We were also keeping in contact with Emily and Sam in Texas during the historic snow storms there. They did loose power, so that it got down to the mid forties in their house.  They kept water running, and when they did have power they boiled water to flush into the septic system.  Fortunately for them, Sam's folks live next door and they have a propane tank, so the two families spent a lot of time together.  

Its kind of funny that when Emily came to Utah, when we came home, she brought all her sweaters and her usual coat, which she actually left here, because she never needed anything but a sweater.  Then she went home, with not coat, to this craziness.  Fortunately she had never tossed her fur coat she got when she lived in Russia, yeah that!!

Their munchkins have not idea that this is a crisis.  All they know is they get school off, and Dad's home, and there's lots of snow time, and grandparent time.  Sam's one brother had pipes freeze, and burst. His PG wife walked out to potty at 1 AM one day, and found four inches of water in the play room.  Oops.  Their water is off, and they are drinking bottled water, while melting snow to flush the toilets.  Dang.

Meanwhile back in Utah, Madi is all dressed to go to school ... then the Nanny comes to watch Mac and Dad and I head south.  I worked again Thursday and Dad caught up on more chores in Payson.

Becca and Brady, meanwhile, enjoy the conference classes, camaraderie and weather in Moab. Dad picked me up on Thursday from work, and since Becca and Brady had come home a bit early, that was the end of our babysitting in Highland for the week.

On Friday, we took the old rolling cupboard that was in the kitchen before the change, to the mall, along with a few other things.  I had to do some real rearranging to fit them in, but I was pretty pleased with the effect.  Still a lot more things to take in, but its looking up.  On the way to lunch we stopped at DI to find some black flats to replace the shoes that were to heavy to bring home ... I found them, by the way, AND Judy Riemschissel too... she painted her own mask.  Is that so cute?  If she had used a flesh colored mask she would look like a cartoon character.  So fun.  Judy was a regular dealer at Fleaology, back in the day.

Lunch was built around the fact that our oldest grandson, Ian, happens to work at the Cubby's in Spanish Fork.  Dad had stopped and visited with Ashley the day before, after going to lunch with some old work chums in American Fork at Mi Rancharito.  Ian was there and mentioned his new work, so we headed over. 

We had the most amazing salad there, though we missed that it had chicken and had to dig it out ... it was a quinoa and kale salad, so yum, with craisins, apples and almond slivers.  I had made my version with bulgar by the next day.  So yummy.

after we got home, my friend Sheri showed up with a welcome pineapple.  She is just the sweetest. 

Then she took me to this new vintage shop in Spanish.  What a fun impromptu outing.  

That night, because we were picking up a bed I'd bought in Eagle Mountain, we made arrangement to hang out with the Heuers and Moes.  Jeff showed us the cool memorabilia that his work gifted him after his cancer surgery.  Wow, what a supportive workplace.  They had enough of the personalized t-shirts made for his extended family, and the shoes are hand painted, and also very fun.

Eric stopped by too, and Jeff's mom, Luceil made us all corn chowder, and Robin made cornbread also.  It was so fun to chat.  The corn chowder is a family recipe she got from her sister.  (One of her sisters is Briahnna's grandmother)  They are all such gracious women.  Of course Randy's mom is also one of Luceil's sisters) 

BTW I took this picture because I love Eric's t-shirt as well.

We did family history facial recognition apps, and Robin found these two pictures, and thought they were the same man... we all shared opinions about the likelihood, which just goes to show you that when you love people this much, doing ANYTHING is fun.  (this year marks the 30th anniversary of our friendship,)

I thought this unlikely art was charming, really sculpture I guess.  Robin's sister Debbie got it for her.  So fun, and graphic.



On Saturday, after spending three hours on our respective talks for church, Dad and I went to help with the moving of a local thrift/pantry store across the street.  We shelved a bunch of bedding, and here I am shown tying up fabric pieces, 

While Dad cuts ribbon with his fingernail clippers because no one knew where there were any scissors.


Here's a section of the new store ... they have to be out of the old store by the end of the month, so we may end up going back to help some more. 

Today we got to speak in church.  Our friend Gyula Horvath, in Finland, took a picture of his TV, so it was fun to actually see what it looked like.  We were assigned 7 minutes each.  I took 8 and Dad took 16, but in his defense, he needed that much time to verbally paint the picture of what the church is like in Finland.  We were the only speakers, and even  the sacrament, which is done after the camera is turned off, was done within the hour.

The Rantaniemis attended Sacrament meeting for the first time here, and since Rolle had on a Finnish Mask too, I thought a picture was in order. (He and his new bride are our tenants in the basement apartment now.) 

Three of our children et al, were able to meet at the house for Navajo tacos afterwards, and others watched the meeting online. 

We all wore masks, except while eating.  Being extra careful is very important because Nell is still having chemo treatments.  We hope you will all continue to pray for her. 



Doesn't Eva, center, just look like another adult?  Well, she will be fourteen this summer, so that should not be surprising. 

More cute kids pic.

and just when I had decided to get rid of the tin doll house ... Mac saves it from demo.

We all went upstairs and the kids tried out the massage chairs.  It was so fun to sit and chat with them,

Darby heads out first.

We missed having Spencer and his family, but we know how important it is for them to be safe too.  Here he is with some pictures of Cam to celebrate her fourth month that I stole off her mom's Insta page.  Isn't she the cutest?

and happiest too.  We can't wait to meet her.  

Virtual hugs and kisses all.  We love you and pray that you are safe and happy.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment