Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby Beckie Narrate's Grandmere and Grandpere's Week!

"Hello to all my Perkins relatives!!  I am going to be a big help to grandmere and narrate this weeks happenings.  I am sure you all get tired of hearing it from grandmere's point of view.  Oh you might want to know she took this picture of me on Monday when Momma Bear brought me upstairs!"


"Grandmere was mighty proud at how this project turned out.  She is very busy getting ready for her flea.o.logy sale and we can smell paint fumes every time we step out, well every time Momma bear and Pappa bear, step out of our apartment."

"Grandmere and Grandpere were so happy to get an invitation to this old Park ward reunion at the Crumps' house down in Genola.  I didn't get to go, but Grandmere could hardly stop talking about it.  She said it was in honor of the Tukuafu's visit from Nauvoo.  There were lots of wonderful, spiritual stories.  Grandmere said that it was like attending a Fast and Testimony meeting while eating lots of yummy food.  Honestly, doesn't Grandmere realize that you cannot have yummy food and fast at the same time?"

"Grandmere told me that Sister Tulane, who was there, told about the time that she had been diagnosed with cancer and she went to her home teacher, brother Tufuaku, and asked him for a blessing.  He blessed her and told her not to worry, that she had been healed and there was no cancer left.  She went to have a scan the next day, and when the doctor read the scan he said he couldn't understand where the cancer had gone.  Grandmere loved that story."

"One thing that made her super happy was when Bishop Jasperson told them that he has been working with David Blaney and his wife and he expects them to be sealed in the temple sometime this summer!! David and Uncle Davin were best friends in highschool and our whole family loves him, except me and my dad of course, we have never met him.

Grandmere and Grandpere also came away with an invitation to stay with the Tufuakus in their round house in Nauvoo sometime...

... and as if one party is not enough for those party happy grands of mine, they also went to the celebrity dinner this week as well.   Here they are with their awesome friend Barb Moe, of course her handsome husband is the one taking the picture. 
Doesn't Grandpere look hilarious?"

 "Here they are with their other besties .... Jeff and Robin.  Thankfully you can't tell, but Grandmere told me that the hat that Jeff is wearing has a tiny raccoon head on the front .... ooh  creepy AND disgusting ... the things Elders bring home from their missions. (shiver)   I hope I never ever have to see uncle Davins' belt with the alligator head .... yucky!"
"Auntie Nell and Uncle Trevor are famous now, I hear.  She won an award for the cool snake hat she wore .... (She borrowed it from my cousin Scott's Aunt Sarah!)"

"Uncle Trevor was famous because Greg Wrubel also wore a BYU football helmet and when he was doing the MC thing, he pointed out Uncle Trevor and said that he now knows what it feels like when a girl shows up at the prom and sees another girl in the same dress.  I sure hope that never happens to me. Maybe Grandmere can help me find some cool vintage prom dresses when the time comes ....

...and look Uncle Davin and Aunt Bri came too .... don't they look cute?   I can't wait until I get big enough to play with my cousin Elias ... and do you know what?  They are going to have a baby girl this summer, and we will be in the same grade at school.  We will probably be best friends .... I can't wait to meet her!"

"Well, grandpere got to chat it up with Doug Wright ... he got to know him when Doug did some advertising for Macey's a place grandpere used to work...

... and grandmere just went right up to Amanda Dickson, her favorite radio personality, and had her picture take with her." 

"I  think grandmere and grandpere had a great week.  I know its been a good one at my house ... its been so fun to see the chicks growing and I also got to spend some time upstairs this week watching Uncle Brady and Aunt Becca's dog Attley, because the grandparents took care of him this week while my aunt and uncle went to Disneyland ... I can't believe they didn't think to take me ... I totally have plans to get into the Disney Princess thing, just like my mom did."

"P.S.  I forgot to mention that Grandpere ran in the Pay It Forward 5k here in Payson, and bested his time by 20 seconds ....  He also went to the temple on Tuesday night and took the day off on Wednesday to work at the Welfare cannery ... he drove up with the Stake President ... which meant he could pick up his Natural Gas car $1,000 later  (ouch) at the repair shop he uses that is near the Lindon cannery.  Isn't grandpere a great scheduler?"


1 comment: