Sunday, August 2, 2026

Life as We Know It

We'll start our week at 4:30 A.M. at the Surgical Center, near Ashley's house, on 8th north.  Here we see Dad dressed in a green surgical gown, looking a bit green too.  He had two doctors working on his eye, to add a news lens, after having surgery on his retina.

I got a call from my friend Jenn who has the Grove asking when I was moving out of the Grove.  I told her the end of August, and she said I'd told her a month ago that I was moving the end of July.  Oops  So I ran over to the Grove to add half price signs.

It's sort of hard to say goodbye, but it is part of the sacrifice of going on a mission, and for me, living in England makes it worth it.

This is an old picture of Jenn, the owner of the Grove, I sent it to her with a note saying how much I've enjoyed the Grove.


That night the guy with a eye bubble and I went to an empty nester's group in our ward for the first time.  We were impressed, as it's a long, ongoing group, and we were the only ones there who didn't have at least one person whose parents were also born in Payson.

Cristi Peterson, me, Marie Christensen Hatch and Linda Gilson.

 Here is Hal, with his wife Rebecca, who was also not born in Payson.

2 Sisters Madson and 2 Sisters Christianson,

Brother Madson and Brother Christenson

Another Brother Madson talking to another Brother Christianson

We had a great time, as we are individually well acquainted with everyone in the group.  

On Tuesday I went to visit Alysa.  We had lunch at the Cafe there, before heading out.  She wanted to get some brown hair dye because she's tired of the red tinge. Did you know you can get hair dye at the Dollar Store for $1.25? I didn't.

I took her to the Grove and let her choose one thing for keepsies. 

Later she sent me this picture with her brown hair, close to her natural hair color.

That night we went to the Hale Center Theater to see The Scarlett Pimpernell, one of my favorite stories and plays.  Robin wasn't recovered enough from her surgery a few weeks back to sit through a play, so her granddaughter Lilly got to come.  And guess what, Barb's granddaughter Cammy ushers there.  So, I thought a picture of the third cousins was in order.  It's been such a third cousins kind of year for me.

Bronson Dameron, was a former ward member when we first moved to Orem (Robin taught him in Primary, and Emily dated him in college, without knowing they'd been in the same ward as children.)  He played Chauvelin.  I've seen him in several plays, but never as a bad guy, so his skills really showed.

Here we are after the play.

I headed into work on Wednesday, then after two hours Dad came and got me so we could have a 'last super' with Eva at Kneaders.  Here she is with her family (except Lu) and both sets of grandparents.

She looks so bright and shiny new, just like a greenie missionary.
The family

Goodbye Mom and Dad

Then they all went to drop her at the MTC.


Back at work, this gentleman and his wife came in and bought movie props for a new episode of Wayfarers, a sort of adventure/fantasy series that's playing right now on the Angel Studios Channel, He is shown here with about 10% of the booty.  We can likey see it next season, it's an episode about a Treasure Hunter.

Back at home I notice that I have several nasturtiums in bloom now.

I also ran across this picture of morning glory on a fence I took a few years back.  

And here is a map showing Kai in Oregon now.

Mt Hood
After work on Thursday, Dad picked me up to go and see Lu's booth at the local Farmers Market in Lindon.  Here I am with a crochet head scarf

This sampler is Katness Everdeen from the Hunger games, but Lu said a lot of people think its Micheal Jackson, I can see both.  How about you?

Herre the crocheter in place at the Farmers Market.

Penny and a friend.
Dad and I got a watermelon that turned out to be pretty good.

Here he is with all the green things we got at the market, the watermelon a cucumber and Eleanor's crocheted Elphaba.

Just perfect for the windshield of my car with the Elfaba plates.

Dad and I both worked on Friday.  He was at the temple subbing where he had the utter delight of seeing Eva as she and other missionaries came to do endowments.  He was even able to visit quietly in the celestial room with her.

When he finished his shift, he came out to see them waiting for their transportation.

Here I am at work, a bit of a cowboy kinda day.  One lady came in and had to show me that this inlaid wood sculpture we have for sale looks like her husband.  I can see it.

Thought this picture of Darby's filly and how she is growing would fit well here.  She is also getting lighter, she was nearly black when she was born last month.

This couple came in too.  I loved that she was wearing two squash blossom necklaces, a first for me, but I think she pulls it off very well.

Trevor and his two youngest got to go the Dad-Daughter Camp at BYU Friday through Sunday.

It looks like they had a blast.

Fun to see a bit of acro yoga.


Ah, the artist part.

Meeting the members of the Volley Ball Team.

and meeting new friends.

My booth at The Grove is now Empty, dad and I headed there at 9 on Saturday morning, before they opened, and cleared it out in an hour.

Kari, the gal that has inspired me to gather my euro primitives and transferware in the booth I showed last week, also moved out.  She is doing well at her new booth at Treasures, and the rent there is much friendlier. 

We hadn't thought we could get the bookcase in and had planned to come back ... but Dad is THE man!

There was a bit of space though.

A final goodbye to a beloved job/booth.

Dad surprised me by suggesting a yard sale ... at Paige Coleman Erikson's house.  Here she is with her husband.  Dad loves nothing more than a good reunion.  (She grew up in our Butler 8th ward, she's a couple of years older than Chrissy Coleman who was Brittany's age.  Paige lives in Highland.

And a happy 8th birthday to Van today.  Oh, how we love that little man!
Tonight we went to the concert in the park, and here is our Stake President, Kenton Phillips still being the spokesman for the Payson City band, I'm  just not sure how he does it all.
The Payson Civic Chorale, with whom Dad sang once, for a hot minute, performed half of the concert time in conjunction with the band.

It was a little warm to start, but dropped 8 degrees, as we sat there for an hour and a half, and the sun went down.

In other news, a couple of members of Trevor and Nell's ward went to serve at the MTC for dinner, and Voila!  Another fun picture.  

We have been blessed in so many ways this week, and I am grateful for the promptings that we receive, along with the challenges.  I have felt the spirit so many, many times this week.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ and appreciate all that he has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment