Sunday, September 8, 2024

Our Labors of Labor Day Week



Happy Labor Day at the Payson races,

Adi and McKenna having finished their 5K earlier, jumped in and finish up with Dad at the finish line. Briahnna ran too, but no picture.
Dad won second in the 10K in the 70-99 age group.

Dave finished 2nd in his category too, 40 to 49. (the silver medalists)

Here he is with his silver medal.

and prizes from the drawing.

Since I was out of town until that night, Dad hosted Darby, Trevor, Davin and Becca's families for breakfast and the Onion Days parade.

Trevor provided the soundtrack.

Adi and Eleanor.


With our lack of trees, Trevor and Davin put up a shade.

Here is Dad's cousin, Jerry and her daughter Melanie & her family.

It's always fun for the grands to catch up with each other. 


Here comes Miss Payson, Jakenzie Jones, and she is the granddaughter of the Jones who we worked with at Mosida our first year.

City Councilman Brent Christensen who was chopped off our ward last spring.

Here's Perry Ewell and his daughter advertising the Secret Garden that we saw last week.

Here's Doug Welton, our State Senator, who we knew in the Park Ward days.

The brunette in the middle is Brielle, who is in our Primary class, and who's family was sitting a few feet away.  Her Mom is Dad's cousin's Jerry, making Brielle Dad's 2nd cousin once removed.  How fun is that. Though her family is still in our ward, Jerry's house was also chopped off. 



By the time I got home around 8 in the evening, I had bought gas in one day that was $5 at Terribles just before Prim,

Then in Las Vegas I spent a bit more than $4 ...

and last of all $3 in Fillmore ... in all we spent $400 on the trip for gas. 

It was also Curtis' birthday.  Here he is fishing as a teenager.

And this is what he looked like around the time that Dad and I got married. He would have been 56.

Here are some pictures of the Perkins Family Adventures on the other side of the world.  The took a train ride to Jaipur, the Pink City.  Thanks for the Pictures Spencer and Brittney.

On Tuesday, my only day off for the week, Dad and I figured out how to put this crown on this cupboard. The crown was $80, the cupboard was $10.

  He had already added doors.  Since we are eating out there through the year, it makes sense to have dish storage out there too.  Yeah Dad.

I got my haul from the flea market out and organized ... The majolica pitcher and plate in the lower right had corner are keepers.

As is the Dicken's bust, and the Finnish needle point picture of Laplander at the foot of the snowshoes.

Lots of books to sell and a few to keep.  Behind the chintz cups is a counter display tin box for Blue Bird English Toffee, that I put in Treasures on Wednesday, and which sold on Saturday.

The mushroom tray, the Scottish shortbread tin and the Scottish salt and peppers shakers at the bottom are also keepers.

Jeff's Mom, Luceil, passed away on Wednesday, and is now reunited with Jim.

I was off to work on Wednesday, putting in most of the stuff I bought in California.  When I got home Dad surprised me with this fully painted cupboard.  We're having a Scottish Style party here for my friend Mary the end of the month, and painting this cupboard was on the to do list. 

Thursday morning, before work, I managed to update this shelf.  I love this moon face, and I had painted the face on myself, but it's been at the store not selling for a couple of months, so I brought it home to be part of my Halloween display.  Dad did his normal shift at the temple, and I went off to work again.

On Friday I worked at the Grove in Pleasant Grove.  When this man came in to sell me rusty stuff, I had to wait until he turned around before I could tell be sure it was Lars, who used to sing with Dad in a quartet.

I added a few things from the flea market, and items I took out of Treasures too.  The colorful Afghan is one I bought at the closing of the little antique store on Main here in Payson a month ago. The three books on it are Dr Suess School bound books from the 70's I got in California.
Dad surprised me again by painting three and a half chairs.  We want to have enough, including the dining room chairs, to seat 24.  (I had painted one and a half chairs on the day of my yard sale flood day.)
Then he went off to Cindarella's Finnish Reunion and Party in Eagle Mountain, while I was still working.  Here she is with her friend Ben Frantz.

Here's more fun folk. L to R: Dad, Keleen Cardon, Kjerstin Cope, Cindarella, Macey Faddis, McKenna Bagwell, Matthew Stratford, Zane Heaton and James Phelps.

The Cardons and Dad in the back.  Cindy, Julie Clayton Campbell, and Gary Erickson. They served in Tampere in the late 90's.


On Saturday, while I was at work at Treasures again, Dad sent me this picture.  He had painted 6 more chairs... whoa!! So now, with the ten Cristie painted and the 9 and half Dad painted, I get credit for only 3 and a half chairs, what a slacker am I? Dad also came up with a better way to anchor the carriage doors so that they don't blow open in the wind. 

Then Dad came and got me from work, as we were both exhausted, so we went to Applebee's for dinner. 

Someone else was selling on Saturday as well.  Here is Lu with her fun crocheted animals for sale at the Beehive Bazar,

Henley got baptized that day too. 

Then its happy Sunday ... and Happy Birthday for Kai, who is a new man in more ways that just being a year older.  He is now 22.

Today in Primary we all wrote notes for Henley to put in her baptism book.

When I got home, I made chocolate chip cookies so we could go and meet the one child on our role who doesn't attend.  It turns out that his oldest brother, Spencer served a mission, and his Mom wants him to be baptized next month. Fortunately, he knows 2 of the 8 girls in the class and seems pretty outgoing.  It should be fun.

So that was a sort of different week for us.  We both managed to keep busy and accomplished a lot.  We hope your week was productive as well

 

No comments:

Post a Comment