Sunday, September 20, 2026

I've been writing in the desert on a blog with no name ...

 

but it didn't keep us out of the rain ... there was plenty of this week!
Another week of wonderful friends and family  It started with me going to see Liesel at work, Making Space, I loved the subtitle "Craft and Fabric Rescue"

I thought this mini shelf of sewing goods was a cute.

And here we are.  She is wearing the Marimekko top that I gave her after our farewell the day before.  I bought it from one of those places that buys pallets of misdelivered items, so it was brand new.  I bought it for the fabric, but just never got around to using it, and it got caught up in the "i don't have room for everything' cleanup that is going on here.  And voila' it fits her prerfectly.

I managed to get a letter off to our missionary that day too.

On Tuesday we got together with Nadine for one last Hallmark movie night and Curry too.  Nadine grew up in Zimbabwe, as many of you know, and there was a lot of Indian Food, as the Brits love their curry, thanks to Queen Victoria's love of the fare there are more Indian Restaurants in London than in New Delhi.  Yeah us. She taught us the joys of eating it with bananas, cashews, raisins and coconut.  We watched The Senior.

\
AI helped out with making this picture as I forgot to take one.
In fact my friend Shirley, who is the person who taught me to use Chat GPT for making faux pics, just got back from Scotland, and made this picture ...

into this picture.
Then while I was at work on Wednesday Dad got together with Usi Campignon for lunch and talked about Church history and finding out which ship the first Finn to be baptized was sailing on.

 
I ran across this video of a realtor who shares local businesses.

This is the first isle.

and this is my book booth.

I also ran across this picture of me 10 years ago, at the airport eating Cafe Rio in SLC before heading out on our first mission to Finland. Is that really me?  I did grow out my dyed hair on that mission, and afterwards became vegetarian with led to there being only 2/3s of me left.

After work we went to Clair and Raylene Christensen's for dinner.  What a beautiful table. It was perfect eye candy, and the food was delicious.  She went to so much trouble to make things we could eat, and it was simply delightful.  We also go to know their oldest daughter, who reminded us a lot of Emily, so that was a sweet bonus.

Here we are.

At work on Thursday, a gal came in who is a decorator and who was doing a Mad Hatter Tea Party for a client.  I thought the little case with the keys for handles was absolutely perfect.

Elias got to celebrate his 16th birthday this week too.

As well as these kids celebrating their 16th anniversay just ahead of Bekie's 15th birthday.

On Friday Dad took in a big donation of craft supplies and fabrics to Making Space and got to see Leisel again.

On Saturday, while Dad was working on the Wall, I was saving the Wisteria over the garden arch by pulling out Virginia Creeper. 


Another interesting fact as we help the church hit 90,000 missionaries, but mostly it was Eva and her friends.

I loved this picture of a ribbon shelf at the Art in the Parks at This is the Place State Park.





As we were coming out I thought that god's art was pretty amazing too.

No to mention a homeowner who painted this mushroom mural on their fence on East 27th south.


In the hall after sacrament meeting, I noticed that Sandy Thomas' eyes are turquoise, I took this picture to show her.  Sooo beautiful.




Then in Relief Society Cristie Peterson gave out Forget Me Not seeds as a reminder to remember the Savior and his gift to us.  I thought it was a perfect reminder.
Here she is teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment